GAA/Croke Park Team Kits and Sound System Issues

Started by Gold, September 11, 2011, 10:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

1. Watching the Sunday Game here and the GAA Kit issue reached a new low today. An All Ireland Camogie final and both teams, Galway and Wexford, were wearing virtually the same jerseys--both Maroon/Purple --difficult for players, referees and paying/TV viewing spectators to differentiate between the 2 teams. Reminded me of the Mayo/Kerry football final of a few years ago and i'm sure countless County Finals/league games up and down the country. I know we're an amateur organization but it doesnt take much forward planning and foresight to organize an away strip for a team when there's a clash--especially in the All Ireland Final.

2. The sound system in Croke Park is awful when the Captains/President are making their speeches. RTE leave the camera's to pick up the speeches but it's nearly impossible to understand what they're saying. With all the money floating about Croke Park you think they'd spend a couple of grand and fix this. Again i know we're amateur but with the stadium we have you think we could sort out a decent microphone and speakers!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

BennyCake

Galway and Wexford met in last year's final too, wearing the same strips.  I thought surely they can't let it happen again.  But, they did...

Rossfan

Is the Camogie Association part of and under the control of the GAA?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Eamonnca1

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Gold on September 11, 2011, 10:07:12 PM
1. Watching the Sunday Game here and the GAA Kit issue reached a new low today. An All Ireland Camogie final and both teams, Galway and Wexford, were wearing virtually the same jerseys--both Maroon/Purple --difficult for players, referees and paying/TV viewing spectators to differentiate between the 2 teams. Reminded me of the Mayo/Kerry football final of a few years ago and i'm sure countless County Finals/league games up and down the country. I know we're an amateur organization but it doesnt take much forward planning and foresight to organize an away strip for a team when there's a clash--especially in the All Ireland Final.

I could not agree more. I sat down to watch the Sunday Game last night and gave up after a few minutes of that match. It was impossible to see what was going on because of the colour clash.