Munster Football Championships 2018

Started by Ball Hopper, April 11, 2018, 02:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

I suspect the Munster Council are just getting " that bloody football stuff" out of the way.
Anyway Tipp should win this one handy enough.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ball Hopper

Final scores:

Tipperary 0-20 Waterford 0-9
Clare 1-23 Limerick 0-14

Semi-finals:

Kerry v Clare in Killarney, Sunday 3 June at 3:30pm
Cork v Tipperary in Thurles, Saturday 26 May at 7pm.

Final on Saturday, 23 June at 7pm

AZOffaly

Quote from: Ball Hopper on May 19, 2018, 08:52:29 PM
Final scores:

Clare 1-23 Limerick 0-14

Semi-finals:

Why is the Cork game not part of a double header?  What am I missing?  Tipp v Cork in both. Both games fixed for Thurles..... am I completely off Base here?

Ball Hopper

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 19, 2018, 09:24:15 PM
Final scores:

Clare 1-23 Limerick 0-14

Semi-finals:

Why is the Cork game not part of a double header?  What am I missing?  Tipp v Cork in both. Both games fixed for Thurles..... am I completely off Base here?

No idea...Munster Council made the change in early April.  If Waterford won, it would have been a double header on 3 June, so it must be Tipp football that didn't want to share the spotlight...assuming participating counties are allowed have an opinion. 

Or did Cork football not want to share?

Or is it just about the money for the Munster Council?

Horse Box

Quote from: Ball Hopper on May 19, 2018, 11:17:17 PM
Final scores:

Clare 1-23 Limerick 0-14

Semi-finals:

No idea...Munster Council made the change in early April.  If Waterford won, it would have been a double header on 3 June, so it must be Tipp football that didn't want to share the spotlight...assuming participating counties are allowed have an opinion. 

:o If Tipp Football had any say in the matter the game wouldn`t be going ahead next weekend ! It is down to the Munster CCC and not Tipp Football who decides when and where games are played , no need to assume anything ::) !

Cunny Funt

Why didn't Conor Sweeney play for Tipp yesterday and Stephen O Brien only introduced off the bench?

Horse Box

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 20, 2018, 02:13:01 PM
Why didn't Conor Sweeney play for Tipp yesterday and Stephen O Brien only introduced off the bench?

Both injured ! Good to see O`Brien coming on , Sweeney didn`t but was involved in the warm up , hope he is okay for next week .

tippabu

Quote from: Ball Hopper on May 19, 2018, 11:17:17 PM
Final scores:

Clare 1-23 Limerick 0-14

Semi-finals:

Its ridiculous and massively embarrassing for munster CCC to be shown up treating it like this. They are saying they dont want clashes to affect supporters but thats a load of shite. the first change they made with this was to change it from the saturday night to the sunday which was just accommodating the cork fans so the match wasnt clashing with their game the saturday night with limerick but now it clashed with tipp waterford on the sunday so this whole thing of wanting to be fair to the fans just doesnt stack up. And how does giving the players 1 week between games being fair on them. To top it all off Tipp and cork playing in the same venue the next day, I guarentee if the game goes ahead saturday evening at 7 clashing with the champions league final there will be a very small crowd at it, Since they are insisting its going ahead next week why now have it at 4pm after the hurling and minor hurling games, there will be an awful lot more would stay on after the hurling than will be there saturday night for a stand alone game and even at that its still only the best solution to an awful position the powers that be have put themselves in

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Huge problem here aswell to be honest was the Cork board are completely hurling oriented. They don't give a sh*t about football, so eveey fixture revolves around "what suits hurling"..and of course, Jerry O'Sullivan the current chairman in Munster is A Cork hurling man. He'll do whatever Frank below says.

I wouldn't always agree with Liam Kearns and managers often have rants to cover their own incompetence, but he is spot on in that Tipp FM interview. This should not have happened with this fixture. I actually think it may be an added motivation to Tipp now though and I expect them to win.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

AZOffaly

Whatever about playing next weekend, I find it incredible that nobody has said 'Why not play it with the hurling on Sunday?'. Semple will have to be opened two days in a row. There'll be Cork fans and Tipp fans there 2 days in a row. (Maybe not the same fans, but fans from those counties).  Both games are run under the auspices of the Munster Council. It just seems to make so much sense to have the Minor Hurling at 12, the Senior Hurling at 2, and the Senior Football at 4. I just don't get it.

Horse Box

What`s the craic if there`s a draw Saturday are they going to have Tipp out again the following weekend ?

tippabu

The Cork team to play Tipperary in the Munster Senior Football Championship Semi-Final next Saturday 26th May in Semple Stadium, Thurles @ 7pm has been announced as follows.

1. Mark White (Clonakilty)
2. Kevin Crowley (Millstreet)
3. Jamie O Sullivan (Bishopstown)
4. Kevin Flahive (Douglas)
5. Sean White (Clonakilty)
6. Stephen Cronin (Nemo Rangers)
7. Tomas Clancy (Fermoy)
8. Aidan Walsh (Kanturk)
9. Ian Maguire (St Finbarr's) Captain
10. Kevin O Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)
11. Mark Collins (Castlehaven)
12. Ruairi Deane (Bantry Blues)
13. John O Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
14. Colm O'Neill  (Ballyclough)
15. Luke Connolly (Nemo Rangers)
Subs:
16. Anthony Casey ( Kiskeam)
17. Sam Ryan (St Finbarr's)
18. James Loughrey (Mallow)
19. Matthew Taylor (Mallow)
20. Cian Kiely (Ballincollig)
21. Ronan O Toole (Eire Og)
22. Peter Kelleher (Kilmichael)
23. Cathal Vaughan ( Iveleary)
24. Michael Hurley (Castlehaven)
25. Stephen Sherlock (St Finbarr's)
26. Brian Hurley (Castlehaven)
27. Paul Kerrigan (Nemo Rangers)

Ball Hopper

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/we-wont-diminish-any-competitions-says-osullivan-470961.html

In the absence of the competing counties coming to an agreement, Munster CCC fixes the date for them. 

Initial date for both football semi finals was Saturday 2 June, which would clash with Cork hosting Limerick in the hurling.  Kerry and Clare agreed to switch to Sunday 3 June, when Tipp and Waterford hurlers meet in Limerick.  Clare hurlers have a bye 2/3 June weekend.

Hard to believe nobody mention doubling up in Thurles next Sunday, as claimed in the article.

tippabu

Quote from: Ball Hopper on May 22, 2018, 10:08:05 PM
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/we-wont-diminish-any-competitions-says-osullivan-470961.html

In the absence of the competing counties coming to an agreement, Munster CCC fixes the date for them. 

Initial date for both football semi finals was Saturday 2 June, which would clash with Cork hosting Limerick in the hurling.  Kerry and Clare agreed to switch to Sunday 3 June, when Tipp and Waterford hurlers meet in Limerick.

Hard to believe nobody mention doubling up in Thurles next Sunday, as claimed in the article.

Whats more amazing is instead of standing firm when both teams couldnt agree to the 2nd or 3rd the munster CCC clearly bowed to Corks wishes. What started all this is cork limerick hurling was moved to saturday because of the cork city marathon on sunday. They then changed Tipp cork to sunday which clashed with tipp waterford hurling (so the fact they made this change shows it wasnt the dual fans who were in their minds while fixing these). How could anyone in the munster CCC actually come out and say a 6 day turn around was the best solution. The game should be going ahead Saturday the 2nd of june no questions. The first the 26th was mentioned im led to believe was the night of the vote. Its a disgrace this fixture and them trying to justify it is laughable.