Man Flu

Started by screenexile, July 01, 2008, 10:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

I did that at 2 stew. Got to admit, feeling a bit better. Mind you, only a bit.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Seriously, what is man flu?

screenexile

Quote1.    man flu

The condition shared by all males wherein a common illness (usually a mild cold) is presented by the patient as life-threatening.

This is also known as 'Fishing for Sympathy' or 'Chronic Exaggeration'.

When the patient is your boyfriend, he will exhibit the standard symptoms (such as an overwhelming desire for compassion) while simultaneously rejecting any and all efforts you make to placate him.
You: Awww, you poor fella.
Him: I'm DYING!
You: (Soothingly) Oh, you're not dying Cy.
Him: (Indignant) I AM! I have Man Flu!
You: Do you need some sympathy?
Him: Yes! But no one understands my pain...
You: I understa-
Him: NO YOU DO NOT!!!

Thre is no real condition called 'man flu' I just have normal flu. Can't eat, aches and pains, fever, hot and cold flushes, chesty cough, runny nose, sore head.

As for going to the match las night Max.. Ask not what your club can do for you!!!

Puckoon

Doesnt sound like much of a big deal to me.

Rick O Shea

Quote from: screenexile on July 02, 2008, 05:06:50 PM
Quote1.    man flu

The condition shared by all males wherein a common illness (usually a mild cold) is presented by the patient as life-threatening.

When the patient is your boyfriend, he will exhibit the standard symptoms (such as an overwhelming desire for compassion) while simultaneously rejecting any and all efforts you make to placate him.

Thre is no real condition called 'man flu' I just have normal flu. Can't eat, aches and pains, fever, hot and cold flushes, chesty cough, runny nose, sore head.

As for going to the match las night Max.. Ask not what your club can do for you!!!

No you don't, if you had the flu you wouldn't be out of bed for a week!  What you have is a heavy cold (or man flu)! It really riles me when someone says they have the flu when obviously they don't!

Puckoon

Would it be half the fuss that women make of it?
I reckon we'd just get on with it, out on the farm, or on the site. There'd be no fuss.

Women really hide behind this "myth".

What say ye?

pintsofguinness

I dont see what the big deal is myself?

I think it's a great myth - it's a pity men didn't think of it first - I'd love to take a day off work because I've a "man problem" or excuse my actions because it's the time in the month. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Treasurer

Quote from: Puckoon on July 02, 2008, 05:16:20 PM
Would it be half the fuss that women make of it?
I reckon we'd just get on with it, out on the farm, or on the site. There'd be no fuss.

Women really hide behind this "myth".

What say ye?

I say you'll have to try harder than that to bait us.

Puckoon

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 02, 2008, 05:20:03 PM
I dont see what the big deal is myself?

I think it's a great myth - it's a pity men didn't think of it first - I'd love to take a day off work because I've a "man problem" or excuse my actions because it's the time in the month. 

Exactly, what if I just decided to throw the remote at her one day.

oh, its my period. ::)

screenexile

Quote from: Rick O Shea on July 02, 2008, 05:14:54 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 02, 2008, 05:06:50 PM
Quote1.    man flu

No you don't, if you had the flu you wouldn't be out of bed for a week!  What you have is a heavy cold (or man flu)! It really riles me when someone says they have the flu when obviously they don't!

Oh that's good we have another Doctor in the Screen... I'm glad to see that I thought we were running out to be honest! Flu affects people in different ways. I've had it before when I couldn't move or eat anything for 4 days and while this is a milder case of that it's still a f**king nightmare and I get about 2 hours I can handle out of my bed in the evening before I have to dive back to it!

downgirl

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on July 02, 2008, 01:16:33 PM
Does Downgirl know about this 'meeting' or perhaps it is downgirl?

Downboy!

Ah sure ziggy isn't after me anymore...its nic he's after!!!  :D

ziggysego

Exactly. Downgirl has her chance, but she blew it!
Testing Accessibility

Fishbat

Quote from: ziggysego on July 02, 2008, 09:13:59 PM
Exactly. Downgirl has her chance, but she blew it!

Her nose?

ziggysego

A chance for a date with me. I'd have wined and dined her. Spoilt her with lots of little presents and taken her breath away with a huge surprise I would have organised for her. I'm good like that :)
Testing Accessibility

Fishbat

Quote from: ziggysego on July 03, 2008, 02:45:06 AM
A chance for a date with me. I'd have wined and dined her. Spoilt her with lots of little presents and taken her breath away with a huge surprise I would have organised for her. I'm good like that :)

and theres me thinking she was just another flu victim