Premiership Current XI

Started by Dinny Breen, February 01, 2008, 12:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey+ham

Cech
Lescott   Ferdinand   Evra
Ronaldo   Fabregas   Petrov   Barry
Torres Drogba  Adebayor

Ferdiand is playing well, wouldn't have a lot to do mind you, with this midfield.

Billys Boots

QuoteGreen is Robert Green, West Ham's keeper.

Started with Norwich, if I remember correctly.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Will Hunting

Don't know how anyone can include Evra ahead of Clichy. Maybe Evra if you were looking for a team full of whingers, or divers.

ildanach

Cech
                     Belletti  Gallas  Vidic  Clichy

Ronaldo Gerrard  Fabregas Petrov

Adebayor Anelka

Green ,Berbatov, Tevez, Ferdinand, Flamini    
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ExiledGael

On current form there's no way you could have Gerrard anywhere near the team of the season. Lucky to be in the top ten midfielders this season.

el Chino

yer man Wheater for middlesborough has had sum month, as has benjani

wud hardly make a team of the season tho!

new devil

Quote from: ildanach on February 01, 2008, 04:55:59 PM
                                      Cech
                      Belletti  Gallas  Vidic  Clichy

Ronaldo Gerrard  Fabregas Petrov

Adebayor Anelka

Green ,Berbatov, Tevez, Ferdinand, Flamini     

You serious ???

Cech

Sagna          Ferdinand             Vidic               Evra

Ronaldo                 Fabregas                  Lampard

Rooney         Tevez                Drogba

Anderson
Terry
Gallas
Adebayor
Van Der Sar

ildanach

Quote from: ExiledGael on February 01, 2008, 05:01:18 PM
On current form there's no way you could have Gerrard anywhere near the team of the season. Lucky to be in the top ten midfielders this season.

He has got 7 league goals alone, and had won a number of games for liverpool on his own this year playing in a misfiring team. (mores the pity as i am an arsenal fan!)
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Rick O Shea

Quote from: ildanach on February 01, 2008, 05:11:11 PM

He has got 7 league goals alone, and had won a number of games for liverpool on his own this year playing in a misfiring team. (mores the pity as i am an arsenal fan!)

And 7 assists! Name me 10 other midfielders that have played better this season! Gerard isn't playing his best stuff but he's still better than most.

blast05

Would have to try and include Arteta somewhere - right side moving Ronaldo to middle for me. He is even more critical to Everton than Cahill

new devil

Ronaldo
Anderson
Giggs
Lampard
Febregas
petrov
Barry
Cahill
Bentley
Flamini

You want 10 more?

Will Hunting

Quote from: Rick O Shea on February 01, 2008, 05:14:43 PM
Quote from: ildanach on February 01, 2008, 05:11:11 PM

And 7 assists! Name me 10 other midfielders that have played better this season! Gerard isn't playing his best stuff but he's still better than most.

Sure Anderson's better  ::)
15 games, 0 goals 1 assist!

ExiledGael

Gerrard's been taking penalties as well as free-kicks and corners so those stats don't really tell the story of his performances.
He'd take the goal kicks if Rafa would let him.
He had a good run of form about two months back but he's been quite ordinary since, four draws and a defeat in the last five.
Ronaldo, Fabregas, Flamini, Anderson, Bentley, Petrov, Hleb for certain are above him on current form (what the threads about). You could make strong cases for Jenas, Arteta, Barry and a few Pool fans I know say Mascherano is a far more solid performer than Gerrard of late.
I don't dislike Gerrard or Liverpool, on form he's in the top three players in the league, but not at the minute.

The Real Laoislad

A lot of players that could be included that aren't even being mentioned like Agbonglahor,Benjani ,Richard Dunne,Steven Hunt they are all having great seasons.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Stalin

Reina

Belletti Vidic Toure Clichy

Ronaldo Mascherano Fabregas Young

Adebayor Torres

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic