Ulster Minor Football Championship 2011

Started by drici, May 10, 2011, 08:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Dougal

all over,cavan win by 3,congrats to all involved.2 provincial underage titles this year,were on the up.  ;D

cavan v galway
armagh v roscommon
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Denn Forever

Ulster champions.  What happened Armagh?  No score in 30 mins.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

CC1

Great stuff! Come on Cavan! Ulster Minor and U21 champions!
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Denn Forever

Quote from: Dougal on July 17, 2011, 03:15:28 PM
all over,cavan win by 3,congrats to all involved.2 provincial underage titles this year,were on the up.  ;D

cavan v galway
armagh v roscommon

Where will those quarter finals be?  Double header in Pearse park?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

DownFanatic

Well done to Cavan. A Minor and U-21 provincial title and an All Ireland Final appearance to date in 2011. Thats excellent progress.

under the bar

Armagh minors did indeed take their lead from the seniors - going to sleep for an entire half of football!  hard luck to the wee orangies and well done cabhan.  Hopefully minor & u21 success will provide a spring board fit some much needed success at senior level.

Throw ball

Poor second half showing from Armagh - but these things happen! Great to see Cavan follow up their under 21 success with a minor win. They have had to wait too long. Good luck to both teams in the All Ireland series.

AFS

Terrible conditions and a terrible game. Cavan fully deserving winners, they coped that bit better on the ice rink and were slightly less awful than Armagh. Complete write off of a performance from Armagh really, they'd do well to pretend the whole never happened.

Westside

Cavan deserving winners.. Rock solid at the back in the second half and if they had taken their points instead of working for goals in the end of the first half after the Armagh purple patch they would have had an easier task in the second half. But they had most of the play and showed much more endeavor in attack than Armagh.

Conor Moynagh is a class act. Not a huge lad but fiery and determined and smart, a natural center back. Clarke and Smith were tenacious in the fullback line. Argue did very well breaking ball around the middle. Didn't go for any big catches broke down to a blue shirt very well for the most part. Finnegan is a big threat and there was a buzz every time he got the ball, could have had 2 goals.

Lots of issues to be ironed out before the Galway game, lads trying to chip up the ball and it being intercepted, happened at least 4/5 times. Constantly working for goals towards the end of the first half when a few points would have had pegged Armagh back. But all in all very encouraging and Cavan really needed this.. A great bunch of lads who won't fear Galway one bit, avenge the U21s!

boojangles

Quote from: Westside on July 18, 2011, 02:07:29 PM
Cavan deserving winners.. Rock solid at the back in the second half and if they had taken their points instead of working for goals in the end of the first half after the Armagh purple patch they would have had an easier task in the second half. But they had most of the play and showed much more endeavor in attack than Armagh.

Conor Moynagh is a class act. Not a huge lad but fiery and determined and smart, a natural center back. Clarke and Smith were tenacious in the fullback line. Argue did very well breaking ball around the middle. Didn't go for any big catches broke down to a blue shirt very well for the most part. Finnegan is a big threat and there was a buzz every time he got the ball, could have had 2 goals.

Lots of issues to be ironed out before the Galway game, lads trying to chip up the ball and it being intercepted, happened at least 4/5 times. Constantly working for goals towards the end of the first half when a few points would have had pegged Armagh back. But all in all very encouraging and Cavan really needed this.. A great bunch of lads who won't fear Galway one bit, avenge the U21s!

Don't want to run any lad down but Moynagh needs to quit carrying balls into tackles. He got caught at it too many times yesterday and was the casue of a goal doing it against Tyrone. He is a good passer of the ball, he should let the ball do the work. Its not club football where a lad can run through the middle at his ease.
No.14 for Armagh( Paul Mc Geown) had scored 1-1 at centre forward in the 1st half and they lost the game by moving him inside on Killian Clarke who was in inspired form. Clarke was Man of the Match IMO.

Westside

Clarke was brilliant, the whole defence did very well. In 2/3 Championship games they kept their opponents scoreless for an entire half..

I hear they have played and beaten Galway twice in challenge games. Let's hope they don't get complacent, there's no safety net this time and Galway will be tough.

CC1

Wasn't at the game myself as I was out of the country but its great to hear such good reports on Clarke and Sankey. Two sound lads and very committed footballers. It'll be a huge boost to have them back playing club football for us.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."