The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Not for another hour - if you are searching for a stream - try TSN in Canada

QuoteTSN 1-Amen Corner
TSN 3-Holes 15,16
TSN 5-2 feature groups
TSN 4-TSN At The Masters (we'll bounce around the 3 feeds)

Gabriel_Hurl

Speith starts with a double

Boycey

Neither Speith nor McIlroys groups are amongst the featured ones  :(

Hardy

To save me trying to work it out while throwing things at the TV - are we saying they're only showing selected groups and not the leaders? Is this the Sky coverage? And does it only apply to the first two rounds?

Gabriel_Hurl

Speith +3 on the first 2 holes

Rory tied for lead with Kuchar

Boycey

Quote from: Hardy on April 06, 2018, 04:31:06 PM
To save me trying to work it out while throwing things at the TV - are we saying they're only showing selected groups and not the leaders? Is this the Sky coverage? And does it only apply to the first two rounds?

I'm watching it on TSN but Sky's coverage will be the same. This comes up every year, The Masters organising committee only allows a certain amount of live coverage until that all broadcasters are limited to a couple of feature groups and coverage of AmenCorner and the 15th/16th. It's a pain in the hole...

It's expanded a wee bit in recent years and by Sunday evening you will see the leaders tee off..

TabClear

Quote from: Boycey on April 06, 2018, 05:13:21 PM

I'm watching it on TSN but Sky's coverage will be the same. This comes up every year, The Masters organising committee only allows a certain amount of live coverage until that all broadcasters are limited to a couple of feature groups and coverage of AmenCorner and the 15th/16th. It's a pain in the hole...

Why is that? Makes zero sense to me.

Boycey

Quote from: TabClear on April 06, 2018, 05:38:45 PM

Why is that? Makes zero sense to me.

Always been the same, the organising committee think it makes it more prestigious I think. In fairness it wasn't that big an issue til we got used to wall to wall coverage of other tournaments in recent years.

Boycey

Conditions harder today, there's about 80% of the field on the course now and only 5 are under par for the day. It got easier yesterday afternoon, not sure that'll happen today.

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on April 06, 2018, 04:22:22 PM
Neither Speith nor McIlroys groups are amongst the featured ones  :(

The featured ones yesterday weren't great either.

Hardy

It's expanded a wee bit in recent years and by Sunday evening you will see the leaders tee off..

Thanks Boycey.

AZOffaly

I thought the rule in the Masters was they allowed early coverage of some groups or Amen corner, but they only allowed proper live coverage of the Back 9 until Sunday. It's eased up now though and I don't think any holes are out of bounds (no pun intended) any more. For instance I just saw Patrick Reed play his shot into the 5th.

They used to be very reluctant to show the other holes.

Milltown Row2

Reed is in some form at the minute
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JPGJOHNNYG

Ffs I cant stand Reed. Hoping for a couple of drop shots over the last few holes

Therealdonald

Ah boys don't be like that. Some of us have him backed. He is a bit of a p***k though. No more than Woods, McIlroy or Spieth though.