Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenDover

JK could try Clarke in midfield with an inside forward line of Stevie McD, Nippy and Peadar Toal. I could McDonnell and Nippy winning their fair share of ball with Peadar getting the breaks down in front. Just a thought

lawnseed 2

more good news from headquarters especially for small clubs. if the county hurlers get into the ulster championship they want £1000 per club to fiance their training etc better look after the balls from now on cant afford to loose any!. County squads are simply gonna have to be more self funding or clubs are going to bankrupt. its hard enough to attract committee members but when they find out that the first £7000 they raise goes to county squads its near enough impossible 

Imposerous

Any reports on how the Armagh fared against Monaghan in a recent challenge game?

pintsofguinness

Quotemore good news from headquarters especially for small clubs. if the county hurlers get into the ulster championship they want £1000 per club to fiance their training etc better look after the balls from now on cant afford to loose any!.
What exactly are they planning to do with £45,000-£50,000?

QuoteB final tomorrow night pints v Dromintee in Ballymacnab
Couldn't go but heard we won by a point, being beat the whole way through and two points down with very little left we got a goal through a penalty.  Great achievement for our lads.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Six Inch Nail

I was at the B match between Silverbridge and Dromintee.  Dromintee lead the whole game and looked verd good in the first.  They weren't too impressive in the second and we were closing the gap the whole time.  It looked that time was going to run out on us until the ball was worked into the square via Colm Traynor and Colm Hughes to Bernard Connolly who was fouled.  Bernard himself stepped up and scored a great penalty to the keepers right to put us 1 point up.  Dromintee made a couple of attacks after that trying to level but kicked two wides.  Not a vintage performance by any means but you have to take your hat off to the boys for keeping in touch with Dromintee throughout the match and then taking their opportunity when it came.  League and championship double, good going!
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

full back

Giving the county board another £1k a year is a fcukin joke.How do they think clubs are going to survive, take out a mortgage!.My own club have to do a fierce amount of fund raising each year just to keep going at the minute, never mind give more £££.Wonder what the story is in other counties, do they have to 'donate' as much as we do each year?

illdecide

What happens to any club who simply refuse to pay up the extra £1000? Full back is right, some of the smaller clubs are just about surviving without having to cough up more coupons
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BenDover

Quote from: lawnseed 2 on November 16, 2006, 06:06:50 PM
more good news from headquarters especially for small clubs. if the county hurlers get into the ulster championship they want £1000 per club to fiance their training etc better look after the balls from now on cant afford to loose any!.

does this just apply to the hurling clubs in the county? Anyway I think this is a complete disgrace forcing any club to finance a counties training etc. I don't think there are too many clubs about Armagh that can just fire £1000 at the county's hurling team which made up primarily of Keady and Middletown folk

Redhandfan

An Port Mor defeated St Peters in round two of the Under 21 Championship earlier today.  The Blackwater side enjoyed home advantage and raced into a four point lead early in the second quarter.  However, St Peter's fought back to draw level at half-time.  An Port Mor, managed by Neill 'Bomber' McGleenan and his Tyrone sidekick Keith Lavery, produced a storming second half display to emerge victorious by five points.  Full forward Michael Casey was An Port Mor's star performer on a day when the winners could even afford the luxury of a missed penalty in the final quarter.

pintsofguinness

Culloville 0-8   2-10 Silverbridge

Terrible day for football but both teams played some good stuff. We played with a strong wind in the first half and used it well, Gerry McGarvey owned the middle of the field and we led at half time 1-7 to 0-2. Culloville put up a better fight in the second half but our defence and keeper were excellent, we picked off a few scores and Eugene Byrne (I think) found the net. That was it!

I heard Cross beat Granemore well.

ardasell

ANy word on the Killeavy Dromintee u21 game - not even sure if it could be played in that keek weather.

holylandsniper

Dromintee won by 5 I think.  Weather didnt help at all.  Though with it being moved to Dromintee field at least chances of injury were limited

Uladh

Where was this game played? went to killeavy for 2 and here wasn't a sinner about?

pintsofguinness

QuoteThough with it being moved to Dromintee field at least chances of injury were limited

Where was this game played?
I'm thinking Dromintee Uladh  ;)

Few scores from orchardcounty
St. John's beat Cruppen by a point.
Clann na gael beat clann eireann.

Ogs V St. Pats was called off.
I take it harps didn't play ballymacnab?

charlie stubbs

tirnanog 2 6 wolfe tones 0-9.was at the game tirnanog scored a goal straight from the throwin from mcallister.they scored a
nother from james donnelly 5 minutes later.it was 2-2 to no score after that.tirnanog didnt impress me carville looked a shadow of the player he was when they won it 2 years ago,though scored a great point from the sideline.ref wasnt great.dromintee were aparantly 1-8 2 no score down at half time.doubt tirnanog go much further