Sky TV

Started by Celt_Man, September 04, 2011, 01:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: laoislad on September 06, 2011, 08:34:36 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2011, 08:31:14 PM
Answer = Yes.

My brother uses mine for the NFL.

You need to have access to his online account, and password. And then the first time you access it will register it as an approved device.

I use my IPOD as one device, and the brother's laptop is the other.

I'd say he won't have an online account,he is only just starting using text messages!!
What would I do so,just create one in his name using the home address or do Sky customers have a ID number that I need ?

You'll need his Sky ID.
Testing Accessibility

AZOffaly

You'll need to sign 'him' up on sky.com, get the online account. You'll need his sky card number, or account number from his bill to register for the online account.

gerry

going by the site you need, his address details and the following

Please enter the last 6 digits of the credit card or bank account you use to make your Sky payments, your 9 digit viewing card number in full or your 12 digit Sky account number.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2011, 08:38:50 PM
You'll need to sign 'him' up on sky.com, get the online account. You'll need his sky card number, or account number from his bill to register for the online account.

Good stuff.
Never knew it be that easy.
Does this work on wifi only or will 3G suffice? I'd say it eats up serious amount of data allowance.
Be great when you have to go shopping with herself.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: gerry on September 06, 2011, 08:23:28 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 06, 2011, 11:07:59 AM
Quote from: gerry on September 05, 2011, 09:16:31 PM
have to say sky go is great. my mate give me his password and now i have his sky sports, espn and sky movies for free via my pc and tv.

How do you get it on your tv Gerry ?

i have a hdmi connection on my pc, so i use a hdmi lead to connect to the tv.  the sound comes thought the tv speakers and i have a wireless keyboard to change the channels

fair play lads i'm all sorted on the pc with sky go, delighted as i was going to get sky sports just for the american football . 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on September 06, 2011, 08:43:47 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2011, 08:38:50 PM

Good stuff.
Never knew it be that easy.
Does this work on wifi only or will 3G suffice? I'd say it eats up serious amount of data allowance.
Be great when you have to go shopping with herself.

Don't know about 3G, I'd assume so. I don't think it's as big as you'd think, usage wise. I obviously only use WI-FI as I have the IPod.

the Deel Rover

have to say sky go is great. my mate give me his password and now i have his sky sports, espn and sky movies for free via my pc and tv.

i have a hdmi connection on my pc, so i use a hdmi lead to connect to the tv.  the sound comes thought the tv speakers and i have a wireless keyboard to change the channels

can anyone recommend a good wireless keyboard
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

gerry

gerry

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 06, 2011, 09:47:17 PM

fair play lads i'm all sorted on the pc with sky go, delighted as i was going to get sky sports just for the american football .

you have about a two minute delay when watching via the pc

laoislad

I got that number from the auld lad and have Sky Go working now on my laptop!
Just another question though.
I also have a old PC hooked up to my TV,if I also register this to play SkyGo as my second device will I be able change it when I get the new iphone so I can use my iphone as the second device.?

AZOffaly

I think you can change devices once a month. They allow you to upgrade your iphone etc. If you go to 'Manage My Devices' on mysky.com or whatever it's called, you'll see it written there.

laoislad

Great stuff.
The auld fella asked me if I could get it working on his phone....
He still uses the Nokia 3210  :D

Boycey

Anyone else been wondering what Sky hope to achieve with this?? It seems to good to be true.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Boycey on September 08, 2011, 05:32:41 PM
Anyone else been wondering what Sky hope to achieve with this?? It seems to good to be true.

I'd imagine they'll start charging a small fee per device when people get used to using it, maybe next year. They'll probably add all their channels to it at that stage, rather than just sports and movies, so that they can justify the change.

NP 76

Only have sky a year and got a call today offering me an insurance for 8 - 25 a month . It covers call out fees if you have to get anyone out on a call out or if you have to get a new sky plus box . Was just wondering was it worth taking out or does anyone else have this