Official Monaghan GAA Thread

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 02, 2007, 08:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

I have to say I can really only comment on the Junior division being a Killeevan man??!!! Are you predicting a Blackhill win over Currin in the absence of Dick alone or have you other inclings about this outcome? I reckon Currin'll put it up to them, wasn't overly impressed by Blackhill the few times I seen them last year...

Mid Mon

Currin will certainly put it up to Blackhill and there will only 2 or 3 seperating them at the end. There has been a big effort by d Blackhill lads this year they've been training since mid january and they each have their own training programs to follow on nights when they're not training.

thebandit

Toome v Eire Og is off - Lambe brothers are involved with the county hurlers

GrandMasterFlash

Hope the Hurlers have better luck than the last day out.. Jaysus ur man Lambe must be handy at it, scored 9 out of 11 the last day, who do they play their club hurling with?

Mid Mon

Was talking to some of the blackhill lads today and they wern't to confident, they haven't had any challange games. So currin to win this one

GrandMasterFlash

Mid Mon

charlie linkbox

And we're off.........

Harte Peat Intermediate Football League - V. Mc Aviney Cup

Drumhowan       0-15   Aghabog             1-7
Corduff              1-8    Sean McDermotts 1-4
Monaghan Harps 3-12   Rockcorry            0-8
Emyvale             0-4    Tyholland            1-13     

Cremartin vs. Truagh was indeed postponed.

My season's prediction is that Truagh and Tyholland will battle for the intermediate honours. Monaghan Harps and maybe Corduff will be their only real threats. Can't see any of the others being anywhere close when the silverware is being dished out. Rockcorry and Emyvale to be relegated.

thebandit

Toome  Off Eire Og   
Killeevan  2-9 3-8 Aughnamullen 
Currin  Off Blackhill 
Killanny  Off Oram 

Good away win for Aughnaullen in front of the 'welcoming' home crowd from Killeevan

Monaghan Lurker

Hi all ~

Anyone know when the new county jersey is due to be released by O'Neills/hit the shops?

Are the sponsors changing this year too?

Thanks

charlie linkbox

As far as I'm aware Lurker the jersey is going to be the same as last years, the only change being that the sleeves are going to be that tight fitting style like Armagh's jersey. The sponser and look of the jersey is to be retained.

I only heard this in passing so I'm open to correction.

thebandit

I'd be surprised if Matt Mohan was pulling out as sponsor - he seems very involved

He'd hardly pull out with his brother Hugh standing for FF in the upcoming election.

farniel

Hows it going. I'm new this forum. From Threemilehouse and obviously a Seans supporter. What are your predictions for the weekend? I can't see Clare doing anything against us. I'd go for a 4-6pt winning margin for Monaghan.

thebandit

Well all,

What do people think of league fixtures being set for the day after Paddy's day?

After the debacle about the late availability of fixtures, is this a kick in the balls too far for the club footballer?

Mid Mon

Were the St. Patricks weekend fixtures discussed at the monthly meeting on Monday night?

Minor panel thrown wide open again as the sem have not released their players for the minor league.