Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walt Jabsco

Well done No.1 "retired" you say - I think I heard that line from you before.
How did Rinty get on? Did he make it sub 3?

No1

No he didn't make it.  He was carrying an injury the last 4 weeks and that hampered the training.  He was right on the pace it until mile 16 but just couldn't sustain it.  He still ran 3:13 though!!

heffo

Well done all who took part. Got home in 3:57 odd myself for a pb.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Walt Jabsco

Quote from: No1 on October 31, 2017, 11:18:09 AM
No he didn't make it.  He was carrying an injury the last 4 weeks and that hampered the training.  He was right on the pace it until mile 16 but just couldn't sustain it.  He still ran 3:13 though!!

I was talking to him last week and he mentioned the injury. Well done to all on the board that took part in the marathon whether successfully or not as it takes a hell of a lot of commitment just to even line up at the start. As much as I like running  I detest the marathon as much and I will never run one

What's next for you No.1?

imtommygunn

O'hanlon now awarded national championship as sittuk wasn't eligible after all.

laoislad

New York Marathon live on Eurosport atm.

imtommygunn

Big win in the womens for shalene flanagan.

laoislad

I see the Garmin Forerunner 235 is £165 (€185) on Amazon today.
Great price for a great watch.

take_yer_points

Quote from: laoislad on November 24, 2017, 12:06:56 PM

Was coming on to ask about that watch - saw that on amazon.

Do you know if you can control amazon music with it? Have wanted something for running that looks decent enough as well and this seems to fit the bill

laoislad

Quote from: take_yer_points on November 24, 2017, 03:28:16 PM

Do you know if you can control amazon music with it? Have wanted something for running that looks decent enough as well and this seems to fit the bill
Don't know that sorry. I would hardly ever listen to music when running myself apart when on treadmill.

I bought the 235 myself today. Have had a 225 for a few years so this is a nice upgrade.

take_yer_points

Quote from: laoislad on November 24, 2017, 04:06:07 PM
Quote from: take_yer_points on November 24, 2017, 03:28:16 PM

Don't know that sorry. I would hardly ever listen to music when running myself apart when on treadmill.

I bought the 235 myself today. Have had a 225 for a few years so this is a nice upgrade.

Cheers. Bought it myself there too

tonto1888

Is anyone doing Tollymore 10K at the start of Jan? Or has anyone done it in the past? What type of trainers would be best?

lfdown2

Quote from: tonto1888 on December 13, 2017, 11:41:52 AM
Is anyone doing Tollymore 10K at the start of Jan? Or has anyone done it in the past? What type of trainers would be best?

Who is organising that? Wouldn't mind doing it, also looked at the night races, one there too...need something to get back at it. Have never done the race but would have done plenty of running round Tollymore (and Castlewellan) park, its trail running really, although I have never worn anything other than my standard trainers a pair of trail trainers (soloman or the likes) would probably help. Depending on conditions it can get quite slippy, took a tumble myself there a few months ago.

tonto1888

Quote from: lfdown2 on December 13, 2017, 12:19:01 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on December 13, 2017, 11:41:52 AM

Who is organising that? Wouldn't mind doing it, also looked at the night races, one there too...need something to get back at it. Have never done the race but would have done plenty of running round Tollymore (and Castlewellan) park, its trail running really, although I have never worn anything other than my standard trainers a pair of trail trainers (soloman or the likes) would probably help. Depending on conditions it can get quite slippy, took a tumble myself there a few months ago.

cheers, I will probably just use my ordinary runners - reebok nanos - given the proximity to Christmas

http://www.born2runevents.com/races.php?s=tollymore