Mayo v Armagh- Round 3 Qualifier

Started by Mayo4Sam14, June 24, 2019, 11:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Quote from: BennyCake on June 24, 2019, 03:21:42 PM
Quote from: The Boy Wonder on June 24, 2019, 01:55:43 PM
Omagh - Newbridge :  231 km
Armagh - Castlebar  :  223 km

Who the hell counts in feckin’ kilometres?  ::)
people who want to the distance seem bigger
there isn''t the same whinge factor in 143 and  144.45 miles

wed baate them anytime anywhere
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Captain Obvious

I asked earlier have Mayo ever lost a qualifier in MacHale Park? I was greeted with silence so I presume the answer was never.

I think this will likely be the end of the road for Armagh, hard enough to beat one Division 1 team away from home never mind two and Mayo are better than Monaghan.   If Murnin,Grimley and James Morgan are out Armagh's chances of causing an upset will be much slimmer.

joemamas

Quote from: maddog on June 24, 2019, 03:11:01 PM
Quote from: joemamas on June 24, 2019, 03:08:22 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on June 24, 2019, 02:55:22 PM
Reckon it will be 1am Sunday morning at the earliest before we make it back home from Castlebar ... just hope the result is in our favour to make the journey seem shorter!

This game is a toss up, possibly Armagh favorites.

An aging Mayo team with a lot of injuries and a slowing back line V a young Armagh team with three excellent forwards.

I will be quite happy to be wrong.

Paddypower
mayo 4/11
Armagh 11/4
Draw 15/2

Those odds are daft, and are based on league stature as opposed to current form.

Rossfan

Who the hell counts in feckin' kilometres?  ::)
21st Century people  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Crete Boom

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 24, 2019, 03:44:09 PM
I asked earlier have Mayo ever lost a qualifier in MacHale Park? I was greeted with silence so I presume the answer was never.

I think this will likely be the end of the road for Armagh, hard enough to beat one Division 1 team away from home never mind two and Mayo are better than Monaghan.   If Murnin,Grimley and James Morgan are out Armagh's chances of causing an upset will be much slimmer.

We haven't played many qualifiers at McHale Park. The first qualifier game I remember going to at McHale park was Cavan in 2007 which we won although all I remember from that game was Pierce Hanley playing in that game. After that I think we have beaten Fermanagh and Kildare in McHale park in 2016 so my guess would be we have played three and won three qualifiers in McHale park since the back door came in. I am probably forgetting a game or two somewhere!!

BennyCake

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 24, 2019, 03:29:54 PM

People in the 26....miles is the old colonial measure...

Funny that, because any time I ask for directions in the south, the answer is always in miles.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 24, 2019, 04:04:32 PM

We haven't played many qualifiers at McHale Park. The first qualifier game I remember going to at McHale park was Cavan in 2007 which we won although all I remember from that game was Pierce Hanley playing in that game. After that I think we have beaten Fermanagh and Kildare in McHale park in 2016 so my guess would be we have played three and won three qualifiers in McHale park since the back door came in. I am probably forgetting a game or two somewhere!!

Beat Derry recently also so a good record v Ulster teams at home.

Maroon Manc

Didn't Mayo play Roscommon in a qualifier in the very early days of them in Castlebar?

Crete Boom

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 24, 2019, 04:14:44 PM

Beat Derry recently also so a good record v Ulster teams at home.

Good shout, how could I forget that game. There was a great atmosphere in the stand that evening and I thought we were gone till Loftus buried that goal, then we conceded again, nearly lost and won it out in extra time!! I think Clarkie saved a penalty in that game!!

Crete Boom

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 24, 2019, 04:16:22 PM

Didn't Mayo play Roscommon in a qualifier in the very early days of them in Castlebar?

The earliest qualifier game I remember going to was a loss to Westmeath in 2001 which was in the Hyde. I was living in the States for 2002 so I wasn't at any games that year and the only one that was on TV was the quarter final loss to Cork in Croker.

tonto1888

Quote from: joemamas on June 24, 2019, 03:59:03 PM
Reckon it will be 1am Sunday morning at the earliest before we make it back home from Castlebar ... just hope the result is in our favour to make the journey seem shorter!

An aging Mayo team with a lot of injuries and a slowing back line V a young Armagh team with three excellent forwards.

Paddypower
mayo 4/11
Armagh 11/4
Draw 15/2

Those odds are daft, and are based on league stature as opposed to current form.

Current form for both teams would be one loss and one defeat in the last two games

armaghniac

People who aren't imperialists. You always know a West Brit by their Miles, Stones and similar shite.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

Quote from: joemamas on June 24, 2019, 03:59:03 PM

Paddypower
mayo 4/11
Armagh 11/4
Draw 15/2

Would ye quit the owl mind games already. Mayo are clear favourites playing at home against an Armagh side who have been blowing hot and cold for a few years and look to be missing 3 massive players through injury. Plus two of our main players are barely out of their teens, great lads but they've never faced men like O'Shea and Keegan before.

Main Street

Quote from: BennyCake on June 24, 2019, 04:09:29 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 24, 2019, 03:29:54 PM

People in the 26....miles is the old colonial measure...

Funny that, because any time I ask for directions in the south, the answer is always in miles.
By the time who have opened your mouth to ask directions, the canny southerner has already figured out you're from the 6 counties, haven't planned your journey, can't use google maps and most probably thinks a klick is the sound a timer makes.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 24, 2019, 04:16:22 PM

Yes. Won that one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.