China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Quote from: themac_23 on February 09, 2021, 08:56:05 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on February 08, 2021, 10:38:19 PM
only 95% effective? Benny check the effective % for the flu each year and how effective vaccines was on previous viruses to see how remarkable it is to have one with 95%.

its unreal how well they've done to get vaccines with that high a percentage, some people just want to listen to the doom and gloom, there is so much to be positive about with regards where we are at the minute. Personally I have stopped watching the news on BBC ITV or sky, they just want negativity all the time, its actually a disgrace how they get away with being so negative in a time where people need reassurance. For balance I stick on the Channel 4 news at 7 most evenings, balanced and far better put across than the other broadcasters. We're nearly there, light at the end of the tunnel, lets keep the positivity.
!00%.  Somebody needs to have a word with Tony Hoolahan as well. 
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 08, 2021, 10:38:19 PM
only 95% effective? Benny check the effective % for the flu each year and how effective vaccines was on previous viruses to see how remarkable it is to have one with 95%.

I think the legal minimum requirement is 50% isn't it?

Angelo

Quote from: BennyCake on February 08, 2021, 10:37:38 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 08, 2021, 09:20:27 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 08, 2021, 01:18:21 PM
But then there are the maybe 15-20% who will just not get it

I've an easy fix for that.

"Hello, operator, I'm sick with covid, I need an ambulance"

"OK, whats your health number? I need to check did you get the vaccine."

"I didn't get it, its all a big pharma conspiracy"

"Ah, well, in that case, the ambulance might take quite some time to get to you - your straight to the bottom of the queue. We'll prioritise folks that followed public health advice."

So if someone is having a heart attack, they don't get an ambulance if they smoke the odd fag or eat the odd burger?

Or how about...

- Hello, Mourne Rescue? I'm stuck up on Slieve Donard. I slipped and hurt my ankle, and I cant get down.
What are you wearing on your feet, big lad?
- Adidas trainers.
You can f**kin stay up there then!

Zealots like Radio only discriminate against people with reservations on a hastily manufactured and tested vaccine. People drink, smoke and drive their cars in the knowledge that those actions could lead to deaths but in Radio's warped view of the world he only decides to discriminate against one type of people.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

armaghniac

Quote from: Angelo on February 09, 2021, 10:16:52 AM
Zealots like Radio only discriminate against people with reservations on a hastily manufactured and tested vaccine. People drink, smoke and drive their cars in the knowledge that those actions could lead to deaths but in Radio's warped view of the world he only decides to discriminate against one type of people.

You are no longer allowed to smoke in places where your smoke will damage other people. You can drink, but not if you drive, and driving cars generally is subject to a lot of rules, from having to have a driving test, MOT, etc. You cannot pursue a career as a truck driver if you do not pass the required test and you should not have  career as a nurse if do not get a vaccine.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thebigfella

You've ben asked by more learned posters that yourself to explain specifically what the reservations are. As far as I can see you couldn't actually do that and what sh1te you did post was rebuked by FACTS.

sid waddell

Quote from: armaghniac on February 09, 2021, 11:37:13 AM

You are no longer allowed to smoke in places where your smoke will damage other people. You can drink, but not if you drive, and driving cars generally is subject to a lot of rules, from having to have a driving test, MOT, etc. You cannot pursue a career as a truck driver if you do not pass the required test and you should not have  career as a nurse if do not get a vaccine.
Maybe Angelo should answer if he thinks people who refuse to get a vaccine should be employed as a nurse, or a carer?

sid waddell

Quote from: BennyCake on February 08, 2021, 10:37:38 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 08, 2021, 09:20:27 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 08, 2021, 01:18:21 PM
But then there are the maybe 15-20% who will just not get it

I've an easy fix for that.

"Hello, operator, I'm sick with covid, I need an ambulance"

"OK, whats your health number? I need to check did you get the vaccine."

"I didn't get it, its all a big pharma conspiracy"

"Ah, well, in that case, the ambulance might take quite some time to get to you - your straight to the bottom of the queue. We'll prioritise folks that followed public health advice."

So if someone is having a heart attack, they don't get an ambulance if they smoke the odd fag or eat the odd burger?

Or how about...

- Hello, Mourne Rescue? I'm stuck up on Slieve Donard. I slipped and hurt my ankle, and I cant get down.
What are you wearing on your feet, big lad?
- Adidas trainers.
You can f**kin stay up there then!

Do you think Radio GAA GAA genuinely believes that people who refuse to get a vaccine should be denied medical treatment?

Or does it just suit your pretend "argument" to pretend you think that?

BennyCake

Welcome to Nazi Germany people.

lenny

Quote from: BennyCake on February 09, 2021, 01:55:13 PM

There is no way any nurse should be reticent at all about taking the vaccine. A nurse is in charge of vulnerable and sick people. With the incubation period of up to 2 weeks for this virus an infected nurse could spread the virus to numerous people before she developed any symptoms and got herself tested. I know some nurses are refusing the vaccine but in my book they should be suspended without pay until they are vaccinated.

Angelo

Not true, you can still smoke in the company of other people, in your own household with other people, in lightly ventilated areas in bars and it leads to various forms of cancer which cause huge drains on the health service.

Likewise alcohol.

Likewise road accidents.

Likewise fast food and other high fat/high sugar foods and drinks.

But zealots like you look at the world through a very narrow lens.

Angelo

Exactly, the pandemic has enticed the far right out of their closet.

The dogmatic nonsense from the likes of Radio, Sid and Armaghniac is frightening.

Smurfy123

The north of Ireland has reported the lowest number of cases on a day today for 4 and a half months
You tell me it's not seasonal
Let's start moving towards talk of slowly opening our country and to get some form of life back
With the restrictions announcement due in 10 days what will be first to lift on March 5th?

Schools?
Pubs?
Restaurants?
Retail?
Leisure?
Sports?

Let's move from the doom and gloom that milltown and the lads keep putting out

Louther

What a leap

thebigfella

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 09, 2021, 02:15:42 PM
The north of Ireland has reported the lowest number of cases on a day today for 4 and a half months
You tell me it's not seasonal
Let's start moving towards talk of slowly opening our country and to get some form of life back
With the restrictions announcement due in 10 days what will be first to lift on March 5th?

Schools?
Pubs?
Restaurants?
Retail?
Leisure?
Sports?

Let's move from the doom and gloom that milltown and the lads keep putting out

It's not seasonal

grounded

Quote from: lenny on February 09, 2021, 02:06:09 PM

There is no way any nurse should be reticent at all about taking the vaccine. A nurse is in charge of vulnerable and sick people. With the incubation period of up to 2 weeks for this virus an infected nurse could spread the virus to numerous people before she developed any symptoms and got herself tested. I know some nurses are refusing the vaccine but in my book they should be suspended without pay until they are vaccinated.

Not debating the rights and wrongs of this but Extremely unlikely to happen for a whole raft of reasons.
      Their employer's would be setting themselves for an employment tribunal and at this stage they would lose.
      One possibility is redeployment for those unwilling to take the vaccine.
       There is actually precedent for NHS workers(or contractors employed by the nhs) needing to be vaccinated for other conditions, before taking employment.