The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 25, 2022, 10:56:46 AM
Frankie the tory complaining about the two penalty calls. 'you dont get those at Anfeild' Despite them getting a few dodgy penalties in derbies over the last few years.
What is the honest opinion on the two? I think the ref got the first one 100% right and glad to see him book him for diving.
The second one goes into the 'seen them given' category, but i dont think it was a penalty. Gordon cuts across the defender to try and initiate some contact (which looked minimal)  and throws himself to the ground. Not a penalty for me. Given his diving antics throughout the game, there was a touch of the boy who cried wolf.

Second one is a penalty, whether he cuts across him or not he has contact and that is a foul on any other part of the pitch, but it serves him right for diving, I don't think he threw himself to the ground though, contact first and then he 'fell'
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 25, 2022, 10:59:59 AM
Frankie the tory complaining about the two penalty calls. 'you dont get those at Anfeild' Despite them getting a few dodgy penalties in derbies over the last few years.
What is the honest opinion on the two? I think the ref got the first one 100% right and glad to see him book him for diving.
The second one goes into the 'seen them given' category, but i dont think it was a penalty. Gordon cuts across the defender to try and initiate some contact (which looked minimal)  and throws himself to the ground. Not a penalty for me. Given his diving antics throughout the game, there was a touch of the boy who cried wolf.

Second one is a penalty, whether he cuts across him or not he has contact and that is a foul on any other part of the pitch, but it serves him right for diving, I don't think he threw himself to the ground though, contact first and then he 'fell'

Ref filled the togs on that one.

Each individual incident should be looked at on its own merit, first half Gordon did go down too easily but that shouldn't have caused the referee and VAR not to give him the second one as he was impeded.

Liverpool much the better team but home town decisions there.

laoislad

If Jota's at Spurs wasn't a peno then no way that was yesterday.
Great to see him booked for diving alright, though Martin Tyler was still maintaining an hour later it could have been a peno  ::)
Anyway a good win but nothing changes at the top. Newcastle next week will not be easy, they are on a really good run at the moment.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

Or the one on Elanga in the united Arsenal game yesterday.it wasnt given either. I really don't think there was enough in it for a penalty, but obviously looking at it from a Liverpool point of view. Contact shouldn't immediately mean penalty. A defender can't make himself disappear.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

mackers

The lad Gordon is starting to get a (well-earned) reputation for being someone who goes down too easily.  Yesterday wasn't the first time he's threw himself to the ground over the last few months.  Referees may be starting to catch on to him.  He doesn't need to do it as he's the makings of a very good footballer.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

J70

Penalty would have been soft as f**k. Two of them tangling arms, Gordon goes limp and falls. Ref got it right IMO.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on April 25, 2022, 04:15:08 PM
Penalty would have been soft as f**k. Two of them tangling arms, Gordon goes limp and falls. Ref got it right IMO.

If that happened in game v City and Mane goes over, you'd be going " get up ya gimp and stop diving"? 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 25, 2022, 04:32:06 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 25, 2022, 04:15:08 PM

If that happened in game v City and Mane goes over, you'd be going " get up ya gimp and stop diving"?

I wouldn't be complaining if the decision didn't go his way, if that's what you're asking. It was far from a definite penalty.

And yeah, Liverpool do get soft penalties where their players go down a wee bit easily, just like every other team.

My issue here is there doesn't look to be much of a foul at all (you can be fouled AND go down too easily - its still a foul). The two of them are tangling arms, as happens all the time in a race for the ball. At first I thought Matip had shoved him in the back, but he didn't. At best (for Gordon), he outmuscled him.

J70

And just to show I'm not completely, irredeemably biased, here's my comment after Liverpool's penalty to finish the game away to Palace earlier this year:

Quote from: J70 on January 23, 2022, 03:48:21 PM
Shocking decision.

Never a penalty in a million years.

Daylight robbery

If Liverpool get/got lucky, I'll admit it. I bear no responsibility for what the referee does, so why wouldn't I?

J70

Have Everton already forgotten the extremely dodgy penalty they got last year when Trent fell in front of Calvert Lewin and "fouled" him?

Capt Pat

I didn't think it was a peno yesterday. However if it was in the greater scheme of things it makes up for the peno Everton didn't get against City. That blatant handball by Rodri I think could end up costing Liverpool the league.

From the Bunker

J70

J70

In all seriousness, Everton signed 19 players for 25M or more?

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on April 25, 2022, 06:54:26 PM
In all seriousness, Everton signed 19 players for 25M or more?
Spent £40 million on Dele Ali  😂
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.