?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

paddyjohn

Quote from: Kickham csc on April 08, 2019, 10:31:33 AM
Had a great time with the wee lad on Saturday up at the game. Brilliant day.

Must admit, it was a completely different experience being there with a kid and not on a supporters bus....enjoyed it a lot more, more of a pure joy and enjoyment of the game.

The amount of parents with young kids in our section (not the kids zone),was a real pleasure to see, mothers with young daughters,  dads with sons and daughters , and in them you could see the a real connection with the club.

My plane touched down at 10:30, got a taxi over to CP, with a Celtic supporter driver, who took us on a quick "drive by" of Ibrox to show my lad where Rangers played. My son hadn't a clue what the driver was saying, so that was his first real experience of Glasgow.

When we arrived, walked up to the tour door and paid for a tour which started at 11:00. My wee lad loved it. Walking out the tunnel etc, and spend the rest of the day humming "for its a grand ..."

Then we saw the teams arrive and went into the stadium early to soak up the atmosphere.

The game it's self, I didn't think Celtic were very defensive.  They were pushing forward and were attacking minded, but... it was stale football and Celtic weren't as dynamic as I would have liked.

Tierney looked heavy legged, and some of the other players gave you the impression that they were playing on the end of a very long season.

Weah and Burke added a bit of spark when the came on, and only Ajer, Forrest, Rogić, and Christie caught the eye.

From a green brigade point of view, they definitely add a bit of atmosphere, but do they prevent stadium wide singing of Celtic Songs? There was no YNWA before the game and only briefly was the 'Fields' and 'For it's a grant old..' sung by the stadium other than the GB.

Anyway, the lad loved the day which was the main objective, and Up the Hoops

Super stuff pal. Defo brings back memories

Applesisapples

I have a lot of time for NL, but his ship has sailed as Celtic manager. Celtic need a new broom come summer.

illdecide

Feeling nervous about tomorrow, have a bad feeling about it. Hope i'm wrong and we tank them 4-0...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

There's a good review of the game today and the mangerial appointment connundrum by Tom English https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47906348
He seems to think that if the treble is won then Lenny jumps ahead of the queue, peppered with non starters. But there is also another game v Rangers at Ibrox to negotiate, fail that and I'd say Lenny's profile would be damaged.   

MoChara

If Aberdeen had of tried playing football today they might have got somewhere

illdecide

Quote from: MoChara on April 14, 2019, 05:34:05 PM

Hope, Don't think so. Celtic were always winning today, before they got a man sent off Celtic were in control of the game. I was nervous about the game but turns out there was no call to be nervous.

People talk about Lennon and bringing in other managers, the players are playing for him and he knows what he's doing. I get the feeling if he completes the treble it still won't be enough for some people, they're sitting just waiting to pounce the first time they're beaten.

Baile an tuaigh

I'm with you on Neal Lennon Celtic were lucky he was available when Brendan decided to skedaddle. Delighted he is still unbeaten, not easy jumping into the middle of things in them circumstances I also find Neal to be a very genuine likeable character.

clarshack

Played very well today. It was the first real good performance under NL so hopefully it continues and the league is wrapped up in the next couple of games. BTW that challenge that resulted in Aberdeen's second red card was a shocker.

tonto1888

Have to admit I was worried about today but didn't need to be. 3 more wins to the treble treble

Main Street

That game told nothing about Lenonn or Celtic, it was more about Aberdeen's self sabotage.

MoChara

Quote from: illdecide on April 14, 2019, 06:09:10 PM
Quote from: MoChara on April 14, 2019, 05:34:05 PM

Hope, Don't think so. Celtic were always winning today, before they got a man sent off Celtic were in control of the game. I was nervous about the game but turns out there was no call to be nervous.

People talk about Lennon and bringing in other managers, the players are playing for him and he knows what he's doing. I get the feeling if he completes the treble it still won't be enough for some people, they're sitting just waiting to pounce the first time they're beaten.

I was more making comment on Aberdeen than Celtic, they just looked frustrated and bitter from the off more interested inputting the boot into the Celtic squad than playing for any sort of result

lynchbhoy

Police probe Burnley-Cardiff brawl'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11694644

... not that it was needed...but further evidence of fans behaviour in epl being way worse than spl

I believe flares were set off at Anfield. Imo it's no big deal, but it was like an isis bombing in the media when a Celtic fan let one off a couple of weeks ago!!

lynchbhoy

Thought Celtic did look like they were playing some great football , first time they've clicked under Lennon. Joao and Ajer bringing the ball up to create an extra man to contend with was a great ploy.
Yes Aberdeen self restricted but Celtic were playing them off the park and only aberdeens over physical tactical approach was keeping them in the game, until the ref started penalizing  them for it finally.
Great win. Well deserved. Edourard looking like hes returning to form. Any news on Christie?  Hope he is ok and will be back for the final.

Applesisapples

I want to be proven wrong by Neil Lennon, great Celtic man but second comings can be difficult. Thought the ref on Sunday was poor he let Aberdeen away with tackles Chris Smalling would be proud of. Fergusons sending of was a direct result of him not been booked at least 3 times he thought he was untouchable.

illdecide

I know people will say that i'm biased because i know NL personally but all i'm saying (not defending him) is give him a chance and if he doesn't take his chance and he's not up to the task then give him a few quid and thank him for his efforts and move him on...Simple. I'm a Celtic fan first and I want whats best for Celtic but i'm prepared to give NL a chance and see how he performs, what's annoying me is people don't want him for the job without letting the fella have a proper go (their minds were made up the first day he took over).