Bord na Mona O’Byrne Cup 2019

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 26, 2018, 11:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Cassidy

town1980

I would like to compliment John with the fact first had the knowledge to drop both Darren and Garry but also he has everyone trying to play for laois we are not the strongest but he has instilled the discipline needed in one years work you need to compete at inter  county,,,,I admire and respect the work being done

Countyminor

I'm a long-time reader of this forum so I've decided to jump from off the fence and get involved in the discussion for once. Really looking forward to this year but I feel we might have to bide our time a little in Div 3. We lack physicality fom the half back line right up to our half forward line. Teams found it too easy last year to cut right through us, and if it wasn't for Brody's heroics we'd have been at the end of cricket scores vs Dublin and Monaghan in all honesty.

Midfield is, in my opinion at least, our biggest issue. We lack a fetcher and mobility, we've no midfielder who is capable of breaking opposition lines during transitions and we don't win enough primary possession from kickouts. This crippled us at times last year, particularly against Carlow in the league final and Dublin. We also seem to be very wasteful when it comes to taking scores which doesn't fix itself overnight.

Nevertheless John's building something great here. Given recent county board f**kups in appointing, at the very minimum, competent managers, bringing John in was the best thing to happen to us in years. The level of interest in our county team from players and supporters alike is unprecedented by our recent standards; maybe not all down to John, but a significant chunk regardless. We can really push for promotion but it'll be a tough ask.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on January 06, 2019, 02:06:35 PM
Is Quigley part of the panel?
I'd say he is still involved. He was part of a group of Laois footballers that visited sick children in hospital over the Christmas period so that would suggest that he is involved at some level.
It would be great to have him back as we really need a midfielder of his calibre.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Tony

Quote from: Don Draper on January 06, 2019, 10:47:28 AM
Quote from: Tony on January 05, 2019, 07:54:24 PM
Nobody cares about the o Byrne cup so it's ok. Season starts with the league. Let's find out about the squad then. The team named for the opener of the league will likely have about 9changes from the team that started today. Completely different. A lot more learned in training I'd say. It'll be interesting to see the league squad.
Ah so you agree with me old boy, good to hear. I'm sure you'll apologise in due course for you nasty lash out earlier.
I agree with Junior that the squad was being cut after the game - this is simply fact. Of course the main decision points would have been made based on training (we all know that) but Junior's point was very valid. And I didn't lash out at you. I cringed at you; I have cringed at a number of your pretentious "tough mafia guy" posts each time I read them. They're laughable and cringey. Major difference.

Regarding this year and the League, each team will look at the opposition and think that they could have the chance to get promotoed. It's an evenly balanced league in the sense that, I wouldn't be surprised if any of the 8 teams get promoted. It's a huge incentive to get from Division 3 to 2. I'm glad that it will be competitive as it'll stand to us come championship time. Right now, I'd be happy if we finished midtable. Why? Because we're going through transition. We'll have some new and inexperienced faces for 2019; it'll take some time for it all to gel together. It wouldn't be a disaster if we retain Div 3 status.

Don Draper

Quote from: Tony on January 07, 2019, 09:34:55 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on January 06, 2019, 10:47:28 AM
Quote from: Tony on January 05, 2019, 07:54:24 PM
Nobody cares about the o Byrne cup so it's ok. Season starts with the league. Let's find out about the squad then. The team named for the opener of the league will likely have about 9changes from the team that started today. Completely different. A lot more learned in training I'd say. It'll be interesting to see the league squad.
Ah so you agree with me old boy, good to hear. I'm sure you'll apologise in due course for you nasty lash out earlier.
I agree with Junior that the squad was being cut after the game - this is simply fact. Of course the main decision points would have been made based on training (we all know that) but Junior's point was very valid. And I didn't lash out at you. I cringed at you; I have cringed at a number of your pretentious "tough mafia guy" posts each time I read them. They're laughable and cringey. Major difference.

Regarding this year and the League, each team will look at the opposition and think that they could have the chance to get promotoed. It's an evenly balanced league in the sense that, I wouldn't be surprised if any of the 8 teams get promoted. It's a huge incentive to get from Division 3 to 2. I'm glad that it will be competitive as it'll stand to us come championship time. Right now, I'd be happy if we finished midtable. Why? Because we're going through transition. We'll have some new and inexperienced faces for 2019; it'll take some time for it all to gel together. It wouldn't be a disaster if we retain Div 3 status.
I would like to categorically state I am not part of any organised crime gang or 'family'. I would ask you to remove that accusation.

Tony

It's great that you're seeing the humour in it. I enjoy a good laugh at you as well. But there's nothing really funny about making a joke about how someone died from drug addiction is there, like you did on multiple posts? Like none of us have had drug addiction in our families. Did you think that was hilarious too? I think you're a joke but that one just showed that you're you're a joke and an asshole, too. Well done. 2 in 1.

Don Draper

Are you refusing to remove your accusation?

The Monument Road

Blow-in

Only solution here is a lunch time fight behind the school yard once and for all. First man to draw blood loses.

HURLING1

Quote from: Batman!!! on January 07, 2019, 04:32:23 PM
Only solution here is a lunch time fight behind the school yard once and for all. First man to draw blood loses.
only sensible solution.

clonadmad

Don doing his one armed waiter impersonation yet again

Well able to dish it out......

Don Draper

Has anyone ever seen a one armed Waiter?