Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: BennyCake on May 14, 2020, 08:24:49 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 14, 2020, 07:48:18 PM
It's a marvelous stroke of genius, the virtual United Ireland strategy to replace the real thing, which is a bit more complicated.
"Let's just empathically deny that NI is an integral part of the United Kingdom.
Never ever allude to the fact that NI is in the UK, Never Never Never,".

To bring it back to Joe, as Joe must be tearing his hair out at the sight of Big Sean taking over his thread.  What would Joe say about the reaction to Big Sean´s off the cuff remark?

We should start a Sean Cavanagh thread. That would really piss him off.

If you do, my personal favourite is claiming to not know the words of Black and Tans or any republican song and him grew up in Coalisland.

Jim Bob

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 15, 2020, 09:56:51 AM
It's a marvelous stroke of genius, the virtual United Ireland strategy to replace the real thing, which is a bit more complicated.
"Let's just empathically deny that NI is an integral part of the United Kingdom.

To bring it back to Joe, as Joe must be tearing his hair out at the sight of Big Sean taking over his thread.  What would Joe say about the reaction to Big Sean´s off the cuff remark?

If you do, my personal favourite is claiming to not know the words of Black and Tans or any republican song and him grew up in Coalisland.
What makes you think every nationalist should know the Black and Tans lyrics off by heart?
I don't because I had no interest in learning them. 

trailer

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 15, 2020, 12:59:21 PM

What makes you think every nationalist should know the Black and Tans lyrics off by heart?

You're not welcome in their Ireland then. All nationalists need to be Celtic supporting, Wolfe tone singing, British hating knuckle dragging neanderthals.

BennyCake

You should hang your head in shame  ;D

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on May 15, 2020, 01:13:57 PM

You're not welcome in their Ireland then. All nationalists need to be Celtic supporting, Wolfe tone singing, British hating knuckle dragging neanderthals.

If you lads are sitting here telling me you don't recognise the song, or even the chorus come out you black and tans....or even any chord to any Nationalist/Republican song (which is what Cavanagh claims) In the words of Homeland's Saul Berensen, I believe you.

Nobody else will.

Jim Bob

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 15, 2020, 03:25:25 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 15, 2020, 01:13:57 PM

If you lads are sitting here telling me you don't recognise the song, or even the chorus come out you black and tans....or even any chord to any Nationalist/Republican song (which is what Cavanagh claims) In the words of Homeland's Saul Berensen, I believe you.

Nobody else will.
Recognising the tune and knowing the chorus or part of is different to knowing every single line of it.

Main Street

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 14, 2020, 08:15:02 PM
Integral may be a bit of a stretch...
How about another word which means the same, 'NI is a constituent part of the UK'?

Torrid times for Big Sean, once outed for not being a man, then accused of that most henious of crimes of being a snitch, now accused of not being a GAA man for starting a statement with  "up here in the UK......." , presumably accused by some people who for some reason have chosen not to relinquish their British nationality, a nationality earned by dint of NI being a part of the UK.

Will little Joe temporarily bury his Tyrone are chronically cynical hatchet and honourably rise to pen an article in defence of Big Sean? Come on Joe, Ireland and the GAA need your moral compass, your courage and your defence of the downtrodden.

BennyCake

Just catching up with Brollys column last week. He couldn't help attacking Cavanagh for his UK comment among other things. I'm hardly Cavanaghs biggest fan, but Brolly just sounded like a petty, spiteful child.

trileacman

Quote from: BennyCake on June 05, 2020, 11:34:02 PM
Just catching up with Brollys column last week. He couldn't help attacking Cavanagh for his UK comment among other things. I'm hardly Cavanaghs biggest fan, but Brolly just sounded like a petty, spiteful child.

Your forgetting Joes immeasurable role in throwing off the yoke of British oppression.

Wolfe Tone, Robert Emmet, Padriag Pearse, Joe Brolly Queens Council
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Angelo

but Brolly just sounded like a petty, spiteful child.

Which he is.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

ONeill

I was surprised it took him so long.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

Quote from: ONeill on June 06, 2020, 08:03:33 PM

It was opportunistic. Like I said, petty...

A few days ago I watched the 1977 semi-final between Dublin and Kerry.

At one point, Ger O'Keefe hit Jimmy Keaveney in the face with a good forearm smash. Jimmy, outraged, dropped the ball and banged him with his fist in the mouth, knocking him down for a split second. The referee came skidding in like Baggy Pants, awarded Jimmy the free and told them both to settle down.

Nowadays, this would provoke righteous outrage and talk of "protecting the children." Nowadays, if Keaveney's arm accidentally came near say Sean Cavanagh's face, he would go down like a shot horse and roll about until the red card was given, then tell the reporters afterwards that he was merely "taking one for a UK team."

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyCake on June 06, 2020, 08:52:21 PM
Quote from: ONeill on June 06, 2020, 08:03:33 PM

It was opportunistic. Like I said, petty...

A few days ago I watched the 1977 semi-final between Dublin and Kerry.

At one point, Ger O'Keefe hit Jimmy Keaveney in the face with a good forearm smash. Jimmy, outraged, dropped the ball and banged him with his fist in the mouth, knocking him down for a split second. The referee came skidding in like Baggy Pants, awarded Jimmy the free and told them both to settle down.

Nowadays, this would provoke righteous outrage and talk of "protecting the children." Nowadays, if Keaveney's arm accidentally came near say Sean Cavanagh's face, he would go down like a shot horse and roll about until the red card was given, then tell the reporters afterwards that he was merely "taking one for a UK team."

Nowadays? I assume Joe knows Sean retired nearly 3 years ago.
That was never a square ball!!

imtommygunn

You can't help but laugh. It is just so petty.

Rossfan

Does Brolly realise who the Q in QC is?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM