FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Ireland have a couple of lads now that can score if they get a chance, problem I'd midfield, lack of creativity and lack of attacking commitment,  always worried about losing the ball and being caught. The strikers arent main issue in my opinion.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 18, 2019, 10:30:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 18, 2019, 09:51:01 PM
That was a pretty handy group to get out off, I blame O'Neil and Roy

Yeah, them two chancers stayed a campaign too long we were an embarrassing mess at the end of their tenure. Left Mick with a lot of psychological work to do!

They are still not good enough, the players that is. Mick's  had a chance to put his own stamp on the team. He did just that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 18, 2019, 10:40:00 PM

Yeah, them two chancers stayed a campaign too long we were an embarrassing mess at the end of their tenure. Left Mick with a lot of psychological work to do!

They are still not good enough, the players that is. Mick's  had a chance to put his own stamp on the team. He did just that

We all know that the players are limited and that players like Hendrick, Brady and Coleman are sadly only a shadow of the players they were in 2016.

Hard to believe Mick was only appointed on 25 November 2018. Less than a year ago.

BennyCake

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

clarshack

Quote from: weareros on November 18, 2019, 10:00:46 PM
it will be pretty embarrassing not to qualify when we are hosting and 24 teams from Europe qualify.

It will be even more embarrasing when Norn Iron qualify ahead of us and get to play the 2 group games in the Aviva and the place likely decked out in soldier F flags.
You actually wonder if the importance of qualification was drummed into the players especially with tournament games to be played in Dublin.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 18, 2019, 10:40:00 PM

They are not good enough correct however the big problem is countries like Denmark and Switzerland aren't that much better but we always play against mediocre teams with so much fear. At least last night they gave it a go. I hope they do the same in the playoffs and not the usual shite we have seen now for tears

Maroon Manc

I thought the performance has been over blown, Denmark were pathetic and still managed to get a draw whilst Ireland struggled to create goods chances which is hardly a surprise when he picked McClean, Browne & Hendrick as the 3 closed players to McGoldrick who I thought played his role very well.

lurganblue

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 19, 2019, 10:09:53 AM
I thought the performance has been over blown, Denmark were pathetic and still managed to get a draw whilst Ireland struggled to create goods chances which is hardly a surprise when he picked McClean, Browne & Hendrick as the 3 closed players to McGoldrick who I thought played his role very well.

Yeah although I have to say it was nice to see Ireland at least try to play the ball around a little, they are toothless up front.  McGoldrick did his role well last night.

Enda Stevens had a good game too but felt sorry for him having to attempt to link up with McClean on that wing. The lad still puts a shift in but his days are numbered in this squad I would say.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: LilySavage on November 18, 2019, 10:28:27 PM
Brady was shite the other night and not plsying near standard of lads out there tinight. Byrne plays agsinst amateurs every other week. Cullen never played a competitive international. Robinson gets his game. I dunno what you see on the bench thst will make many improvements to how well Ireland played today. Best performance in years.

The style of play. You say Byrne 'plays against amateurs'. Whelan is in Scotland ffs.

A relatively small bit of tinkering and we can play possession football at more pace.

magpie seanie

McClean tries but it looks like he has ne legs under him at all. Don't see anything in Browne at all and Hendrick hasn't developed into any type of player at all after threatening early in his career to be something. McGoldrick played well last night but a striker has to score goals and unfortuantely he's poor at that. Perhaps the performance has been overblown but relative to the last few games it was a huge improvement. Thought the two full backs were superb. Tough to see Coleman getting back into the team.

michaelg

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 19, 2019, 02:12:16 PM

McClean tries but it looks like he has ne legs under him at all. Don't see anything in Browne at all and Hendrick hasn't developed into any type of player at all after threatening early in his career to be something. McGoldrick played well last night but a striker has to score goals and unfortuantely he's poor at that. Perhaps the performance has been overblown but relative to the last few games it was a huge improvement. Thought the two full backs were superb. Tough to see Coleman getting back into the team.
The right back was lauded for his overall performance despite basically giving away a goal.  Defenders need to keep a clean sheet first and foremost.  His and Duffy's combined c**k-up meant the game was basically over given your limitations going forward.

Itchy

Quote from: michaelg on November 19, 2019, 05:11:25 PM

The right back was lauded for his overall performance despite basically giving away a goal.  Defenders need to keep a clean sheet first and foremost.  His and Duffy's combined c**k-up meant the game was basically over given your limitations going forward.

We'll still beat the north.

Bar the conceded goal, Doherty was brilliant.

michaelg

Quote from: Itchy on November 19, 2019, 06:34:39 PM

"The north" are going to get a doing tonight.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: michaelg on November 19, 2019, 07:41:18 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 19, 2019, 06:34:39 PM

"The north" are going to get a doing tonight.

Started well enough
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea