OWC Challenge - count the Kaflicks!

Started by Donagh, January 31, 2008, 02:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

???
"
QuoteA bet that the current situation  that FIFA have referred to  is
that players who are Irish citizens born in NI are entitled to declare for the Republic under article 15 paragraph 1-5,
that the annex conditions do not apply.
That the FAI can select players born in NI who are Irish citizens who have not been previously capped at senior level for NI. (but capped at underage level for NI), that the annex conditions do not apply
Both those two conditions  have to be met in order for me to win the bet.

Okay Samuel I will write it very slowly
I have 2 conditions to prove before I win the bet, one has already been proven so it leaves just one left.

'That the FAI can select players born in NI who are Irish citizens who have not been previously capped at senior level for NI. (but capped at underage level for NI), that the annex conditions do not apply

You win if you can prove that
That the FAI cannot select players U21 born in NI who are Irish citizens, who have not been previously capped at senior level for NI. (but capped at underage level for NI) That the annex conditions have to be complied with in order for a NI capped player to change allegiance to the Republic.

Are you on or not?  Can it be written any simpler?

Main Street

Sammy I would appreciate you to answer this question that I asked already

You think the annex rules apply to capped NI born players who want to declare for the Republic.
Why do you think that the annex rules would not apply to an uncapped NI born footballer declaring for the Republic, when under FIFA regulatons they would apply to an uncapped Scottish born Irish citizen like McGeady.
Sea water makes a difference?  because Scotland has no mention of Ireland in its country nam
e?

SammyG

Quote from: Main Street on February 14, 2008, 01:54:50 PM

You think the annex rules apply to capped NI born players who want to declare for the Republic.
Why do you think that the annex rules would not apply to an uncapped NI born footballer declaring for the Republic, when under FIFA regulatons they would apply to an uncapped Scottish born Irish citizen like McGeady.
Sea water makes a difference?  because Scotland has no mention of Ireland in its country nam
e?

You're making up strawman arguments (again). I have never (never never) said that the annex conditions apply to uncapped players. I know you seem to enjoy arguing two different points of view, at the same time, but that doesn't mean that I agree with you. Just for clarity, I'll repeat my position again. If a player has dual (or multiple) nationalities, then he is free to choose, which of those he plays for. Once he has made that choice he can only switch, if he meets one (or more) of the annex criteria.

As far as McGeady his elligibility is though parents/grandparents (can't remember which and can't be arsed to look it up) so he is completely irrelevant. If somebody from NI has parents/grandparents from the RoI then they are elligible.

Main Street

Quote from: SammyG on February 14, 2008, 02:02:33 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 14, 2008, 01:54:50 PM

e?

You're making up strawman arguments (again). I have never (never never) said that the annex conditions apply to uncapped players. I know you seem to enjoy arguing two different points of view, at the same time, but that doesn't mean that I agree with you. Just for clarity, I'll repeat my position again. If a player has dual (or multiple) nationalities, then he is free to choose, which of those he plays for. Once he has made that choice he can only switch, if he meets one (or more) of the annex criteria.

As far as McGeady his elligibility is though parents/grandparents (can't remember which and can't be arsed to look it up) so he is completely irrelevant. If somebody from NI has parents/grandparents from the RoI then they are elligible.
The whole point is that the Republic can choose players and are choosing players  from the North who have no connection to the Republic with family or residence, can we get back to the bet which you have not answered.

I win if it is
'That the FAI can select players born in NI who are Irish citizens who have not been previously capped at senior level for NI. (but capped at underage level for NI), that the annex conditions do not apply

You win if you can prove that
That the FAI cannot select players U21 born in NI who are Irish citizens, who have not been previously capped at senior level for NI. (but capped at underage level for NI) That the annex conditions have to be complied with in order for a NI capped player to change allegiance to the Republic.

Are you on or not?  Can it be written any simpler?