Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on July 28, 2017, 05:39:32 PM
I'm in London at the minute, there's a full wraparound cover on the main London paper The Evening Standard promoting the fight. I was quite surprised as I didn't Frampton would be a name over here..

Double world champion wouldn't be popular in London?? Strange? He headlined New York and Vegas, be a big push by the brits to push for a Selby Frampton fight
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: square_ball on July 28, 2017, 06:42:12 PM
He's getting a right bit of stick on twitter. But in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really mean too much surely? Unless of course he is genuinely struggling at the weight?

He'll lose a percentage of his purse, lost the eliminator to the title fight (was that on purpose) he's also lost some credibility from the other fighters to.... known Carl for years he's never had to worry about weight, moved up a weight when his body wouldn't stick to last weight, this would be his natural weight!

Would need to look at the prep here, a bit embarrassing from the Cyclone promotions too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

He doesn't need credibility from them, just to beat the holes off them. Storm in a teacup.

Boycey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 28, 2017, 06:43:56 PM
I'm in London at the minute, there's a full wraparound cover on the main London paper The Evening Standard promoting the fight. I was quite surprised as I didn't Frampton would be a name over here..

Double world champion wouldn't be popular in London?? Strange? He headlined New York and Vegas, be a big push by the brits to push for a Selby Frampton fight

Popular certainly amongst clued up boxing fans didn't think he'd be mainstream enough.. Wasn't a criticism of him I'm a huge fan but I was genuinely surprised, can't find an online pic of it to post a link

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Boycey on July 28, 2017, 08:16:42 PM

Popular certainly amongst clued up boxing fans didn't think he'd be mainstream enough.. Wasn't a criticism of him I'm a huge fan but I was genuinely surprised, can't find an online pic of it to post a link
Would agree. There is little doubt the vast majority of Londoners wouldn't know or care about him. I take it the wraparound was paid for by McGuigan? Maybe paving the way for the Selby fight McGuigan says will be over there.

Boycey

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 28, 2017, 08:28:05 PM
Quote from: Boycey on July 28, 2017, 08:16:42 PM

Would agree. There is little doubt the vast majority of Londoners wouldn't know or care about him. I take it the wraparound was paid for by McGuigan? Maybe paving the way for the Selby fight McGuigan says will be over there.

I suppose another way of looking at is that if he was mainstream enough they wouldn't have had to do the ad. I think also the fight is on Channel 5, maybe they paid some of the ad?

Man Marker

Follow the boxing a fair bit, on another discussion board specifically for boxing and the consensus coming from there that its a business move by Cyclone. "If you seriously believe he couldn't make the weight you are deluded. He was close enough to the weight that the fight went ahead and more than likely there was no stipulation in the contract regarding loss of money per lb over. This allows him to avoid fighting Russell as a mandatory for less money 30/70 purse in the states and fight Selby as a voluntary for the IBF in the UK for a 50/50 purse. If he wanted to he could have taken the option to make the weight and weigh in again."

square_ball

Plot twist - event now cancelled altogether. The Mexican was in an accident?!

Syferus

Quote from: Man Marker on July 28, 2017, 09:41:13 PM
Follow the boxing a fair bit, on another discussion board specifically for boxing and the consensus coming from there that its a business move by Cyclone. "If you seriously believe he couldn't make the weight you are deluded. He was close enough to the weight that the fight went ahead and more than likely there was no stipulation in the contract regarding loss of money per lb over. This allows him to avoid fighting Russell as a mandatory for less money 30/70 purse in the states and fight Selby as a voluntary for the IBF in the UK for a 50/50 purse. If he wanted to he could have taken the option to make the weight and weigh in again."

I hate this conspiracy shît.

gallsman

Ah ffs, what are they at. Complete shambles.

Milltown Row2

Desperate stuff altogether ! Could be a big fall out here

square_ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 28, 2017, 10:25:21 PM
Desperate stuff altogether ! Could be a big fall out here

McGuigans are all going to get awful stick for this.

Milltown Row2

Just seen photo of the Mexican!  Has fallen in the shower!! Wtf, badly cut nose and chin !

Milltown Row2