American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Minder on March 27, 2017, 07:21:51 PM
Las Vegas Raiders - NFL owners just can't get enough money for themselves

Was there ever a team more suited to Las Vegas though?

How does this sit with their stance on gambling I wonder? Hypocrites.

Syferus

The more I've learnt about the NFL the more odeious it becomes. This relocation shïte makes the oil money takeovers in soccer look good.

stew

Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2017, 08:15:19 PM
The more I've learnt about the NFL the more odeious it becomes. This relocation shïte makes the oil money takeovers in soccer look good.

If you do your research you will find it even more repugnant, especially under the former honcho  paul Tagligabue or whatever, anuything went and everything was swept under the carpet.

As for their demands to get a superbowl, they taught FIFA how to bankrupt cities.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minder

Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2017, 08:15:19 PM

At least the oil companies fund it themselves, unlike the NFL billionaire owners that blackmail cities into financing a new stadium with public mone or else leave

Jerry Jones has been pushing this hard, I wonder why ??

http://deadspin.com/the-raiders-are-moving-to-las-vegas-and-it-stinks-1793682944?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gabriel_Hurl

Aaron Hernandez found dead in prison. Took his own life.

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 19, 2017, 11:50:01 AM

Talk about having it all and flushing it down the toilet!

gallsman

NBA playoffs up and running. #1 seed in the East Celtics down 0-2 to the Bulls. The sister of their best player (Isaiah Thomas) died in a car crash hours before Game 1.

Taylor

Quote from: J70 on April 19, 2017, 11:58:05 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 19, 2017, 11:50:01 AM

Talk about having it all and flushing it down the toilet!

Lawyer reckons he didnt take his own life.

Sad state of affairs all round

leenie

I was googling your man as I'd never heard of him, seems he had a regular pattern of shooting his friends.. but was only convicted of the one he killed..
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Syferus

He was aquited of the double murder only last week. Strange.

straightred

Quote from: gallsman on April 19, 2017, 12:03:18 PM
NBA playoffs up and running. #1 seed in the East Celtics down 0-2 to the Bulls. The sister of their best player (Isaiah Thomas) died in a car crash hours before Game 1.

watched game 1 the other night. Some effort from Thomas - he barely held it together but still managed to put up 33 points. I don't think i'd be in any fit state to play any sport 24 hours after a tragedy like that

magpie seanie

The Bulls have been very up and down all season but could be a dangerous outfit as they have some talented players.

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 19, 2017, 05:47:19 PM
The Bulls have been very up and down all season but could be a dangerous outfit as they have some talented players.

Nah, they're too reliant on Jimmy B. Still wouldn't rule out the Celtics but Cavs-Raptors in the eastern finals is likely.

straightred

Quote from: gallsman on April 19, 2017, 05:56:17 PM

Nah, they're too reliant on Jimmy B. Still wouldn't rule out the Celtics but Cavs-Raptors in the eastern finals is likely.

Think last year was a freak and the strength is in the west. Warriors looking very strong now with Durrant back

gallsman

Quote from: straightred on April 19, 2017, 06:08:59 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 19, 2017, 05:56:17 PM

Think last year was a freak and the strength is in the west. Warriors looking very strong now with Durrant back

The Cavs win out last year through a combination of Curry being hurt for the playoffs and LeBron going absolutely superhuman.

He was immense last night, dragging the Cavs back from 26 points down to the Pacers. They're still shocking on defense though, went something like 23-23 to close out the regular season and could/should have lost games 1 and 3 in this series. I'd not put it past the Raptors to get past them but even if they do make the Finals, I can't see anyway they'd get past the Warriors or Spurs (or even the Rockets) again.