Is it me?

Started by thewobbler, August 21, 2007, 08:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Am i imagining things, or would you agree that ever since the board was divided into 3 sections, the quality of the main board has plummetted?

Most of the threads on the main board are now sub-Hogan Board standard. They're unreadable. Full of wind-up merchants who are neither humorous nor mischievious. Just shitheads.

Maybe the lack of Ulster interest these days has began to affect me. But on my multiple daily drop-ins to the board, I'd say I'm not even checking the main board on half those occasions anymore.

One other thing while I'm grumbling. I'm no anti-soccer man. I enjoy talking soccer like the next man (if not quite as much as some of those on here), but if a member of a GAA discussion board seriously cannot come up with a more suitable avatar than a soccer club's badge, I would suggest they are barred forthwith and forever.

ziggysego

Well I have noticed some more hoganstandise posts of late, but it's coming to the end of the months. I'm guessing once school starts up again, they'll move on.
Testing Accessibility

Star Spangler

When the local section was created it removed a lot of the interest for me.  I couldn't be arsed digging through sub-directories to find threads of interest.  All the GAA topics should be in the same section - it creates more interest imo.  Also there's the assumption that people from outside counties don't have any interest in other counties local scene which is bollicks of course.

pintsofguinness

QuoteAm i imagining things, or would you agree that ever since the board was divided into 3 sections, the quality of the main board has plummetted?

Most of the threads on the main board are now sub-Hogan Board standard. They're unreadable. Full of wind-up merchants who are neither humorous nor mischievious. Just shitheads.

I agree but I don't think it has anything to do with the division of the board.

QuoteOne other thing while I'm grumbling. I'm no anti-soccer man. I enjoy talking soccer like the next man (if not quite as much as some of those on here), but if a member of a GAA discussion board seriously cannot come up with a more suitable avatar than a soccer club's badge, I would suggest they are barred forthwith and forever.
I'm glad that's all you've to worry about.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Square Ball

Think it has more to do with the success of the board and the publicity it has received over the last few months, not really the fault of the division of the boards.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

SuperSub

Quote from: thewobbler on August 21, 2007, 08:26:50 PM
Am i imagining things, or would you agree that ever since the board was divided into 3 sections, the quality of the main board has plummetted?

Maybe the lack of Ulster interest these days has began to affect me. But on my multiple daily drop-ins to the board, I'd say I'm not even checking the main board on half those occasions anymore.

One other thing while I'm grumbling. I'm no anti-soccer man. I enjoy talking soccer like the next man (if not quite as much as some of those on here), but if a member of a GAA discussion board seriously cannot come up with a more suitable avatar than a soccer club's badge, I would suggest they are barred forthwith and forever.

I think you should get a life ::)

ONeill

I don't think the quality has diminished whatsoever. What you are referring to, and as SB says above, is that there are so many members now that the vast amount of threads will vary in quality. The good threads are there, more than ever, but you need to wade through those that don't interest you. I'd say I open about 1/3 of the threads on the main board - and I'm happy at that. Look at the old boards - some of the stuff there was pure manure but seems warmly nostalgic as time passes.

We have some excellent posters.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

new devil

posters like that silly balboa pick should be banned doesnt contribute nothing only make stupid comments trying to wind people up....as you say ziggy school's starting up soon so hopefully they move on

pintsofguinness

Quote from: new devil on August 21, 2007, 09:42:11 PM
posters like that silly balboa pick should be banned doesnt contribute nothing only make stupid comments trying to wind people up....as you say ziggy school's starting up soon so hopefully they move on

There's a lot like him and they aren't expected back at school.

inisceithleann

In fairness if we want this board to become even more popular then we'll have to put up with the odd poster who starts ridiculous threads and winds people up. Or do we want the board to belong to small but good membership? Sometimes i dunno which is better to have. The thing is if you don't want to read it, don't open it. I think it would be a shame if we over policed the board, as the good posters far outweigh the bad.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

GalwayBayBoy

There's a lot of grumpy bastards about these days. Someone else was on here a couple of days ago asking for all soccer discussions to be barred from the site. ;D

I do think there are a few bellends hanging about the forum this Summer and while I won't name them hopefully they'll disappear when the schools are back. Or college or whereever the came from.

Wouldn't blame the division of the board. The county club threads were pure clutter and there is much more hurling discussion now that it has it's own forum.

SuperSub

Some people are too sensitive on this board jaysis abit of winding up and slagging is part of the Irish way of life it's what makes us unique,maybe it goes too far some time but if the board turns into a straight laced no jokes/laughs/friendly slagging it will be one boring place

pintsofguinness

Quote from: SuperSub on August 21, 2007, 09:54:50 PM
Some people are too sensitive on this board jaysis abit of winding up and slagging is part of the Irish way of life it's what makes us unique,maybe it goes too far some time but if the board turns into a straight laced no jokes/laughs/friendly slagging it will be one boring place
there's nothing wrong with friendly slagging and winding up it's when a poster makes post after post and starts threads constantly to do nothing other than wind people up, that's when it gets boring.

SuperSub

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 21, 2007, 09:57:33 PM
Quote from: SuperSub on August 21, 2007, 09:54:50 PM
there's nothing wrong with friendly slagging and winding up it's when a poster makes post after post and starts threads constantly to do nothing other than wind people up, that's when it gets boring.

Yeah fair enough still think this is a stupid thread and thewobbler is really the pot calling the kettle black by starting it

magpie seanie

I think its a big improvement the way it is.