Manager assaulted in Kerry club game

Started by stephenite, June 15, 2007, 12:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

Why did he cite canavan for verbally and physically abusing him? did he completely make it up?

He abaondoned the game, when in reality he should have just blown it up and awarded it to Errigal as is was injury time anyway.  The Errigal players, Canavan included, surrounded him and there was a fair bit of jostling.  Wasn't close enough to hear what was actually said. 

Maximus Marillius

Is there a difference between hitting or head butting someone who is not seriously hurt other than brusing and sore head compared to the someone who receives a serious facial wound requiring stitches or in this a case broken jaw. I think there clearly is and a criminal case would also reflect this, the rules do not reflect and I feel that they should. Our rules as we know are seriously flawed, and the fact that ther board fined the assualted managers club is further evidence of how incompetent some administers are within the GAA. This is a very embarressing episode for us all and we all have been let down by the rules and the board who levied the suspensions >:(

orangeman

Over the bar - I couldn't agree with you more - Mickey "God" Hughes just can't handle the big games - we are mere mortals who by virtue of our much lower status are treated like idiots . Hughes was bringing the game into disrepute then and still is along with a few other of his egotistical cronies - he is trying to dicatate what goes on in Tyrone football and when he needs support or isn't getting his way runs off to his mate Francis Mooney and gets his views put into the press - Give it up Mickey !

By the way 48 weeks seems to be the norm now but where you come from is usually a better indicator ! 

Kerry Mike

While the 8 weeks suspension seems short it seems its the minimum length for an attack of this type. At  least the North Kerry board have acted quickly and suspended the player and not tried to brush this under the carpet.

However two things I disagree with is the €100 fine on the managers club for the players being taken off the field, this was done for their safety as clearly there could have been an all out fight with tempers rising. If I was from Clonmacon I would tell the North kerry Board to feck off with their fine. That just adds insult to the whole thing ,and on top of that they then award the game to the team from the scum bag who caused all the trouble. The fact that St Senans did not contact the manager themselves also will leave a lingering sour taste for the neighbouring teams involved.

Will be interesting to see if the gardai get involved in this.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football