Extremists threaten celebrity chefs

Started by ziggysego, June 13, 2007, 03:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Threats by an extremist group against celebrity chefs Rick Stein and Jamie Oliver are being investigated by police.

Stein has extensive business interests in the north Cornwall port of Padstow, including a restaurant, hotel and fish and chip shop.

Oliver has set up one of his charitable Fifteen restaurants at Watergate Bay, also on the north Cornwall coast, training disadvantaged young people from the county.

The Cornish National Liberation Army (CNLA) said in an email received by the Plymouth-based Western Morning News newspaper that local people had approached their activists "for assistance" against Stein - described as "this English newcomer".

The email said it was "common knowledge" that Stein and his businesses were "held in contempt" by Cornish nationals who live in the Padstow area.

And "his vehicle and those of his clients and customers are also bona fide targets for our activists".

The CNLA described Oliver as "another incomer who has caused the inflation of house and other living costs at Cornish expense".

His clients and customers are also targets of the CNLA, said the email.

Devon and Cornwall Police said they take "very seriously any threats to commit criminal offences against individual, business, public service or the Crown and we will vigorously investigate any pre-meditated or publicised planned criminal activity".

The spokesman said: "We have made immediate contact with proprietors of various businesses and are actively working together, with a view to ensure that appropriate crime prevention measures are maintained."

Sourced Yahoo.com: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20070613/ten-extremists-threaten-celebrity-chefs-5a7c575.html

Pucker!

Testing Accessibility

The Real SlimShady

they'd be doing society a favour by getting rid of that fat tongued twat Oliver. If ever there was a face made for punching- thats it. and then the mockney **** goes and opens his mouth! complete tool.

Deal_Me_In

I have a lot of respect for what jamie Oliver has been trying to do in relation to the school dinners, but i can't stand him in them sainsbury adds.

Spiritof98

how long has this extremist group been in operation
I'll go back if Marsdens back

ziggysego

Quote from: Spiritof98 on June 13, 2007, 04:21:26 PM
how long has this extremist group been in operation

I heard of them a few years ago. They've been about for a long time. They aren't very vocal and they never do anything.
Testing Accessibility

Hardy

I was looking for something like that too Mac.

Cornish Nasties?