Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Have to say Mourinho s whining over the last few weeks is pathetic.The latest whinge around asking Palace to go easy on them, regardless of how serious he was is an embarrassment for a club of United's stature.

I never liked him at Chelsea but had a grudging respect for what he achieved and you knew his media sound bites there were designed to deflect attention.  At United it seems to be a complete "poor me" mentality to deflect from his "achievement" of winning less league games than any other United manager for a quarter of a century.  Given the resources at his disposal that just doesn't wash, especially when you consider the dross he has served up for much of the year. . A Europa league title might mean the end justified the mean but I tend to agree with Seanie on a lot of his observations. 

yellowcard

I don't understand Mourinho's compaints about the scheduling of the Palace match as I think its just a smokescreen. I doubt very much that he will start anyone due to start against Ajax. Nobody will care about the result against Palace if they beat Ajax.

screenexile

Quote from: yellowcard on May 18, 2017, 02:35:22 PM
I don't understand Mourinho's compaints about the scheduling of the Palace match as I think its just a smokescreen. I doubt very much that he will start anyone due to start against Ajax. Nobody will care about the result against Palace if they beat Ajax.

I do. . . it gives him an out for not finishing 4th and then if they don't win the UEFA Cup he can use the excuse again. The less astute United fans will give him a by ball and let him start afresh next year when the reality is that if he doesn't win the UEFA cup the season has been no better or worse than Moyes or LVG!!

snoopdog

Quote from: screenexile on May 18, 2017, 02:44:00 PM

I do. . . it gives him an out for not finishing 4th and then if they don't win the UEFA Cup he can use the excuse again. The less astute United fans will give him a by ball and let him start afresh next year when the reality is that if he doesn't win the UEFA cup the season has been no better or worse than Moyes or LVG!!
The less astute utd fan..   there is some bollox written here. The man has had 1 season at utd. Compare him to conte at Chelsea all you want fact is Conte took over a team built by mourinho. Mourinho took over a team built by LVG possibly the worst manager in utds history. Go back to your Liverpool thread and talk about 27 years without a title and how Mourinho is in the verge of winning more in his 1st season at utd than  Liverpool have in 10 years.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

The Stallion

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: snoopdog on May 18, 2017, 04:11:15 PM

The less astute utd fan..   there is some bollox written here. The man has had 1 season at utd. Compare him to conte at Chelsea all you want fact is Conte took over a team built by mourinho. Mourinho took over a team built by LVG possibly the worst manager in utds history. Go back to your Liverpool thread and talk about 27 years without a title and how Mourinho is in the verge of winning more in his 1st season at utd than  Liverpool have in 10 years.

You mean the team that was almost in the relegation zone when they sacked him  ;D

So Mourinho deserves the credit for Chelsea winning the league this year but LVG is to blame for United's terrible season. You couldn't make this stuff up  ;D

trueblue1234

Screen's a liverpool man now? When did that happen?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

snoopdog

I'd say if  you guys were supporting utd in 80s you were calling for fergie head also. But most of you probably only followed them since they became successful. What will you bitch about next week if Utd win the uefa cup? Ticket prices? Or does that affect your armchair supporting.

screenexile

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 18, 2017, 04:28:12 PM

News to me!!  :o :o

TabClear

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on May 18, 2017, 04:22:52 PM

You mean the team that was almost in the relegation zone when they sacked him  ;D

So Mourinho deserves the credit for Chelsea winning the league this year but LVG is to blame for United's terrible season. You couldn't make this stuff up  ;D

That is spin that even Donald Trump would be proud of! ! ;D

TabClear

Quote from: screenexile on May 18, 2017, 04:45:52 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 18, 2017, 04:28:12 PM

News to me!!  :o :o

You were told to get back to the Liverpool thread Screen!! ;)

Boycey

Screens a Venkys man, League 1  ;D and owners that make The Glazers look good

Captain Scarlet

I would have been a massive United fan when I was younger with Keano and Irwin playing, as was my brother when the older Irish lads were with them.
I would not have known any of Fergie's bad days to be honest and a lot of Unted fans under 35 would be the same. We were spoiled but the negativity from The Special One is painful.
I don't care if he built the Chelsea team, he also ripped the arse out of it.
Now talk of Bale coming along with Griezmann and you ask where will it knit together because he will try to keep Zlatan too. Then it's another season of chop and change.
There is a maor clear-out needed too.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

GJL

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on May 18, 2017, 07:20:17 PM
I would have been a massive United fan when I was younger with Keano and Irwin playing, as was my brother when the older Irish lads were with them.
I would not have known any of Fergie's bad days to be honest and a lot of Unted fans under 35 would be the same. We were spoiled but the negativity from The Special One is painful.
I don't care if he built the Chelsea team, he also ripped the arse out of it.
Now talk of Bale coming along with Griezmann and you ask where will it knit together because he will try to keep Zlatan too. Then it's another season of chop and change.
There is a maor clear-out needed too.

As much as I would love to see a Zlatan staying I doubt he is finished with Utd. He has already turned down a contract extension.