Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Its really pathetic watching that back

NAG1

Quote from: Chase on April 28, 2017, 12:06:35 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on April 28, 2017, 11:07:43 AM
IMO when Fellaini lowers his head toward SA, he bends down over him and stops short of making contact, SA then moves his head into Fellaini and then falls back.

Can see why the Ref gave it the way he did, but probably a more accurate reflection of the incident would have been a yellow card each (for stupidity on both counts), which would have resulted in Fellaini going off anyway.

Thought he was also very lax on some of the treatment of Rashford, constantly blocked making runs and tackled from behind with no retribution.
None of that explains why Aguero should have been sent off instead of Fellaini which was the original statement that you +1 to.

Amend that too along with.... Chase - Happy with that?  ;)

The Stallion

Fellaini deserved a red purely for the stupidity of getting involved in something 5 seconds after his booking.

screenexile

Ridiculous!!!

In case you lads have't notice Aguero would have to f**king jump to headbutt Fellani, which he clearly didn't . . . Can we not all agree Fellani is a stupid **** and move on?!

AZOffaly

Mourinho this year reminds me of a good few years ago at Chelsea. He came in, started off by making them very difficult to beat. (I think they may have won the league actually, but the emphasis was defensive). They weren't great to watch.

Then the next year he took the step forward offensively, and I think they ended up the top scorers or something. I can't remember the years, I might be raving, but I seem to remember this anyway.

United will be very dangerous next year.

magpie seanie

Quote from: screenexile on April 28, 2017, 12:35:43 PM
Ridiculous!!!

In case you lads have't notice Aguero would have to f**king jump to headbutt Fellani, which he clearly didn't . . . Can we not all agree Fellani is a stupid **** and move on?!

He jumped alright. Onto the floor!!! No one defending Fellaini - he was out of order and stupid but Aguero's carry on was as bad.

Bord na Mona man

If Fellaini had properly smashed him properly with the head, would he still only get a 3 game ban?

AZOffaly

Just once, wouldn't you love to see a lad unleashing a haymaker instead of crumpling to the floor as if he was victim of a lightning strike?

NAG1

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on April 28, 2017, 12:40:03 PM
If Fellaini had properly smashed him properly with the head, would he still only get a 3 game ban?

See thats the thing always got me about these silly red cards, if you are going to get a three game ban anyway why not make it worthwhile for the action you are going to done for anyway.

Yes it was stupid and yes let's move it on.

Chase

Quote from: gallsman on April 28, 2017, 12:21:22 PM
Ffs lads catch yourselves on. Aguero squared up to him and gets in his face, Fellaini headbutted him. Trying to see an equivalence between the two is beyond blinkered.
+1
Chase is on the case!

OgraAnDun

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 28, 2017, 12:37:20 PM
Mourinho this year reminds me of a good few years ago at Chelsea. He came in, started off by making them very difficult to beat. (I think they may have won the league actually, but the emphasis was defensive). They weren't great to watch.

Then the next year he took the step forward offensively, and I think they ended up the top scorers or something. I can't remember the years, I might be raving, but I seem to remember this anyway.

You're thinking of St Jimmy up in Donegal.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: The Trap on April 28, 2017, 09:40:40 AM
Compare that last night to Barcelona v Read Madrid on Sunday night?
Compare it to Barcelona v Juve 2nd leg and it wasn't a whole lot different. Two teams that came for a draw and achieved it. The big difference is Juve have some top standard defenders and are physical on the ball through the team. United however aren't all that physical had a dodgy Italian left back and Blind playing centre back due to injuries. Anderlecht with less of the ball created more clear cut chances last Thursday than Man City last night.

Fuzzman

I think that is the template for most successful managers, especially for league football.
Focus on making them hard to be beaten first of all with a mean defence and then when those habits become ingrained then focus more on the attack.

I think (probably more hope) that this is the biggest problem with Liverpool over the last few years.
They are great at attacking but often concede silly goals.

Speaking of which this weekend could be very interesting the way the fixtures are set up.
Should Everton beat Chelsea at home and Spurs beat Arsenal then Spurs will only be one point behind?
You would expect Man Utd and City to both win this weekend which puts the pressure on Liverpool to win on Monday night away to Watford. Should they lose or draw Liverpool will drop to 6th.
Of course Utd have tough away games to Spurs and Arsenal still to come but Monday's night match for Liverpool could be a big one.

Fellaini always comes across as not the sharpest tool in the box. The amount of times he's been sent off you would imagine he'd know by now to walk away from situations like that. That video shows clearly that Aguero was looking for him to react and so he basically walks into Fellaini's forehead knowing that he will react. The look on Fellaini's face afterwards was one of guilt but he should just walk away rather than facing up to such nonsense.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 28, 2017, 12:37:20 PM

On his return to Chelsea in 2013 he worked on the defence first. They weren't in the title race but still finished in the top four. He produced the famous quote that his side "are a little horse that still needs milk and to learn how to jump. A horse that next season can race"

Following season offensively with Costa and Hazard on fire Chelsea won the league pulling up.

Milltown Row2

Swansea giving Utd the roundaround here
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea