Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chase

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 28, 2017, 10:39:34 AM
Aguero should have got the red last night not Feillani.
Why?
Chase is on the case!

Chase

Quote from: The Trap on April 28, 2017, 09:40:40 AM
Compare that last night to Barcelona v Read Madrid on Sunday night?
Hardly a fair comparison. Madrid and Barca are the two best teams in their league. Last night's game was the equivalent of  Sevilla playing Villarreal.
The two best teams in the Premier League (Chelsea and Spurs) played each other last weekend and it was a cracking game.
Chase is on the case!

AZOffaly

screenexile

NAG1

IMO when Fellaini lowers his head toward SA, he bends down over him and stops short of making contact, SA then moves his head into Fellaini and then falls back.

Can see why the Ref gave it the way he did, but probably a more accurate reflection of the incident would have been a yellow card each (for stupidity on both counts), which would have resulted in Fellaini going off anyway.

Thought he was also very lax on some of the treatment of Rashford, constantly blocked making runs and tackled from behind with no retribution.

The Trap

Sevilla and Villareal haven't spent £500million on their teams, Barcelona and Real have, City and Utd have........

magpie seanie

Quote from: NAG1 on April 28, 2017, 11:07:43 AM
IMO when Fellaini lowers his head toward SA, he bends down over him and stops short of making contact, SA then moves his head into Fellaini and then falls back.

Can see why the Ref gave it the way he did, but probably a more accurate reflection of the incident would have been a yellow card each (for stupidity on both counts), which would have resulted in Fellaini going off anyway.

Thought he was also very lax on some of the treatment of Rashford, constantly blocked making runs and tackled from behind with no retribution.

I agree with this. The ref was surprisingly lenient with dishing out the cards. If Hazard or Costa got the treatment Rashford got last night they'd still be rolling around.

Fellaini probably deserved the red card for putting himself in the position of making the ref make a decision. I think Aguero played the situation "perfectly"......for me two red cards would have been fair, Aguero definitely moved his head forward before realising it would be more effective to jump on the ground and feign injury.

Overall the game pissed me off. It started well but fizzled out as it went on. Very disappointed with United's approach. I know why he did it but I don't agree with it. A loss would have practically ended top 4 ambitions. Still, I think if United got at City they were there for the taking. They never did in any meaningful way which is disappointing. I was particularly disappointed with Martial who showed up well early on only to disappear and eventually be subbed. Talk of injuries is rubbish for me. United had a strong selection out and are one of the biggest clubs in the world. The poor mouth doesn't cut it.

Milltown Row2

Can you imagine this thread today had Utd lost? As a sort of supporter I'd have been pleased with that result last night considering the team available and playing away from home, all the teams below Chelsea are like bald people fight for a comb.. For Utd it wont make any difference to their spending or attracting players in the summer should they not be in the Champions League, different say Liverpool
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 28, 2017, 11:50:00 AM

I agree with this. The ref was surprisingly lenient with dishing out the cards. If Hazard or Costa got the treatment Rashford got last night they'd still be rolling around.

Fellaini probably deserved the red card for putting himself in the position of making the ref make a decision. I think Aguero played the situation "perfectly"......for me two red cards would have been fair, Aguero definitely moved his head forward before realising it would be more effective to jump on the ground and feign injury.

Overall the game pissed me off. It started well but fizzled out as it went on. Very disappointed with United's approach. I know why he did it but I don't agree with it. A loss would have practically ended top 4 ambitions. Still, I think if United got at City they were there for the taking. They never did in any meaningful way which is disappointing. I was particularly disappointed with Martial who showed up well early on only to disappear and eventually be subbed. Talk of injuries is rubbish for me. United had a strong selection out and are one of the biggest clubs in the world. The poor mouth doesn't cut it.

Yeah Martial was poor barring the first 15/20mins when he looked like he was going to torture Zab, had the team last night got a proper CF to play off with Rashford and Martial on the flanks I think they could have pushed on.

The fact that Martial and Miki continually turned the ball over made it very difficult to get the team up the pitch to mount any attack.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2017, 11:53:08 AM
Can you imagine this thread today had Utd lost? As a sort of supporter I'd have been pleased with that result last night considering the team available and playing away from home, all the teams below Chelsea are like bald people fight for a comb.. For Utd it wont make any difference to their spending or attracting players in the summer should they not be in the Champions League, different say Liverpool

United beat Chelsea recently (albeit at Old Trafford) and the only real difference in personnel was Pogba was missing. Ibra only played the last few minutes of that game.

nrico2006

Aguero was the one moving both his body and head towards Fellaini, Feillaini nearly actually moves back but tucks his chin into his chest. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPWHiuFPrIQ
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Tucks his chin into his chest :) :) :)

Aguero shapes as if he's going to headbutt, drawing Fellaini in. Fellaini then actually nutts him (very gently) and Aguero is taken out by a sniper in the stand.

It's not the most thuggish act Fellaini has ever done on a field, but it's one of the daftest.

Chase

None of that explains why Aguero should have been sent off instead of Fellaini which was the original statement that you +1 to.
Chase is on the case!

DuffleKing

Quote from: Chase on April 28, 2017, 12:06:35 PM

None of that explains why Aguero should have been sent off instead of Fellaini which was the original statement that you +1 to.

I agree - Aguera headbutted Fellani as much as Fellani headbutted Aguero. Two reds

gallsman

Ffs lads catch yourselves on. Aguero squared up to him and gets in his face, Fellaini headbutted him. Trying to see an equivalence between the two is beyond blinkered.