Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on January 24, 2018, 12:03:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2018, 11:58:02 AM
Well I'd imagine if City go on a run of winning Leagues and Champions leagues then they'd be up there with the likes off Chelsea and Utd, if they manage to go the season undefeated like Arsenal did then they could fall into that bracket, would that City team beat those teams? Well you'd never be able to answer that

But he said "talent-wise", specifically.

I think everyone understands that this Guardiola City team is obviously just starting out.

When PSG come for Guardiola next year will those players go with him?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

The centre backs are obviously questionable, but overall City have been very solid at the back. And maybe the areas of strength bring City's average, talent-wise, up alongside those other teams.

It's impossible to weigh and judge.

It's like the greatest ever player debate and rankings which will reignite in a few years when Ronaldo and Messi retire.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: J70 on January 24, 2018, 12:51:46 PM
The centre backs are obviously questionable, but overall City have been very solid at the back. And maybe the areas of strength bring City's average, talent-wise, up alongside those other teams.

It's like the greatest ever player debate and rankings which will reignite in a few years when Ronaldo and Messi retire.

Trophies will determine how their judged.

Don't think their front 6 is any better than any of those teams currently. Sterling and Sane are only young so may improve, more Sane than Sterling; He's got everything to be one of the best players in a world in a few years.

johnneycool

And the winner will still be Diego.

J70

Quote from: johnneycool on January 24, 2018, 01:17:42 PM

Perhaps.

It's an anecdote I've talked about here before, but to this day I am gobsmacked by an interview Bobby Moore gave years ago about Pele. He was talking about the England-Brazil game in 1970 (the famous Gordon Banks save one) and described how Pele dribbled past him, knocking the ball off Moore's legs as he went by, stuff that is hard to spot on tv. He said he thought "you lucky bastard!" when he did it the first time. It was only after he did it two or three more times that he realized Pele was deliberately using his (Moore's) legs to play the ball off. I can't even imagine the level of skill and cockiness it would take to be able to successfully and repeatedly do that, never mind in a World Cup game against one of the best ever England centre backs. I've never heard of anyone else ever doing anything like that.

tiempo

Quote from: J70 on January 24, 2018, 01:51:44 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on January 24, 2018, 01:17:42 PM

Perhaps.

It's an anecdote I've talked about here before, but to this day I am gobsmacked by an interview Bobby Moore gave years ago about Pele. He was talking about the England-Brazil game in 1970 (the famous Gordon Banks save one) and described how Pele dribbled past him, knocking the ball off Moore's legs as he went by, stuff that is hard to spot on tv. He said he thought "you lucky b**tard!" when he did it the first time. It was only after he did it two or three more times that he realized Pele was deliberately using his (Moore's) legs to play the ball off. I can't even imagine the level of skill and cockiness it would take to be able to successfully and repeatedly do that, never mind in a World Cup game against one of the best ever England centre backs. I've never heard of anyone else ever doing anything like that.

Peter Beardsley

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 25, 2018, 05:14:08 PM
Seanie will be happy - https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/956572493707431948

Is it just me or does it look like both heads are photoshopped on there.?!

Maybe it's the background
Hasta la victoria siempre

Gabriel_Hurl

background looks like it was shopped in

magpie seanie

Makes no difference. I don't think he'll get to the end of that contract but it's another stunningly bad piece of work by Woodward and co. They should have waited until the end of the season at least. Jose played them for a payrise and extra payoff when they sack him. The lads panicked and jumped when there was a whiff of PSG......they should know this trick from how often Ronaldo has done it at Madrid.

Anyway - it's only money that would got to the Glazer scum if Mourinho didn't get it.

Sanchez will probably start tonight at Yeovil. FA Cup will be a priority this season I'd imagine.

GJL

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 26, 2018, 10:38:59 AM
Makes no difference. I don't think he'll get to the end of that contract but it's another stunningly bad piece of work by Woodward and co. They should have waited until the end of the season at least. Jose played them for a payrise and extra payoff when they sack him. The lads panicked and jumped when there was a whiff of PSG......they should know this trick from how often Ronaldo has done it at Madrid.

Anyway - it's only money that would got to the Glazer scum if Mourinho didn't get it.

Sanchez will probably start tonight at Yeovil. FA Cup will be a priority this season I'd imagine.

With the addition of Sanchez coupled with Jose's ability in knockout competitions I think they will give the Champion's league a fair go.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on January 26, 2018, 10:45:37 AM

With the addition of Sanchez coupled with Jose's ability in knockout competitions I think they will give the Champion's league a fair go.

The CL will be a bridge too far for this UTD to be honest.. they havent gelled at all as a team recently and with Bailly out, the defence have done ok but they are a better team when he's available and Rocco... midfield needs a return of form for Matic and Pogba needs to be firing on all cylinders. that leaves the puzzle up front now to work out, how do you fit all those attacking players into the system?

Best 11 from whats available would be?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2018, 10:55:59 AM

The CL will be a bridge too far for this UTD to be honest.. they havent gelled at all as a team recently and with Bailly out, the defence have done ok but they are a better team when he's available and Rocco... midfield needs a return of form for Matic and Pogba needs to be firing on all cylinders. that leaves the puzzle up front now to work out, how do you fit all those attacking players into the system?

DDG
Valencia  Bailly  Jones   Shaw
      Herrera  Matic  Pogba
Sanchez   Lukaku    Martial

Could argue Lingard instead of Herrera. Although Mourinho prefers a 4-2-3-1 so it is more likely to be Matic and Pogba in the two with Sanchez, Lingard and Martial in the 3 and Lukaku up top.

TabClear

Quote from: OgraAnDun on January 26, 2018, 12:37:54 PM

DDG
      Herrera  Matic  Pogba

Could argue Lingard instead of Herrera. Although Mourinho prefers a 4-2-3-1 so it is more likely to be Matic and Pogba in the two with Sanchez, Lingard and Martial in the 3 and Lukaku up top.

Whats the view on here on RAshford? I thought he was going to be the next big thing but he seems to have stalled a bit this season? Martial (who I think is a great player if inconsistent) and Lingaard seems to have put clear water between them in the pecking order?

GJL

Quote from: TabClear on January 26, 2018, 12:44:31 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on January 26, 2018, 12:37:54 PM

DDG
      Herrera  Matic  Pogba

Whats the view on here on RAshford? I thought he was going to be the next big thing but he seems to have stalled a bit this season? Martial (who I think is a great player if inconsistent) and Lingaard seems to have put clear water between them in the pecking order?

I think he is just unlucky with the form of other players as you have mentioned. He will get his chance with plenty of games to come and he is still very young. I think he will end up a very important player.