George Foreman Grills: An Appriechiation

Started by thejuice, June 11, 2007, 10:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Greatest Invention Ever. Before its invention I couldnt cook very well and had lots of washing up. Now, I can cook.....anything and only have to wash 1 cooking utensil. Genius.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

pintsofguinness

come back to us in a few weeks when all the non stick stuff is coming of it.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Stranworst

Used to love it myself until brought one down to uni and the dirty f**kers i lived with never cleaned it after, cue loads of shitty fatty black build up all over it! Plus the wee tray full of the most disgusting stuff you will ever see.

Also Appriechiation? Get a dictionary out lad!!!

stew

George was bought out of those grills for about $80,000,000 if I remember right.

I got the set it and forget it for Xmas last year and that is some job for roasting chickens and doing burgers etc but it is still hard to bate a big gas grill on the deck with a cold one in yer hand and the smell of meat wafting all over you. We grill out all year long, even when it is 10 degrees out.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Bensars

These have been around for years, i dunno why Mr Foreman is recieving all the credit.

I remember one in our house 20 years ago. ( breville ?? cant remember exactly )

magpie seanie

Quotecome back to us in a few weeks when all the non stick stuff is coming of it.

I thought that happened ours cos herself used the wrong yolk to clean it? Was going to get another one but if this keeps happening.... Ours is a bastard to clean now.

lynchbhoy

another waste of money imo
this is a handy item for students and people that cannot cook
also for folk who like their food well done or badly cooked - so that there is no actual taste left in the meat

get creative, use the frying pan or oven
women love men who can cook (careful not to eat too much though)

cullahmo

Only thing I find them good for is making toasted sandwiches. Everything else tastes over cooked and dry.

pintsofguinness

well i liked the food of it but i have to have food dried up or burnt. i cleaned it right with drop of oil but it got that you'd need two litre bottle of oil and a roll of kitchen roll then the kitchen roll use to get stuck to it, it was an awful mess. lynch you are seriously under the thumb. women like men who can cook..and you fell for it!

full back

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 12, 2007, 12:38:55 PM
well i liked the food of it but i have to have food dried up or burnt. i cleaned it right with drop of oil but it got that you'd need two litre bottle of oil and a roll of kitchen roll then the kitchen roll use to get stuck to it, it was an awful mess. lynch you are seriously under the thumb. women like men who can cook..and you fell for it!

Found it handy enough to clean-have it quite a long time & still non-stick. Cleaned it shortly after using it-boiled kettle, held it over sink, put fairy liquid on it and cleaned it with a small brush-hey f**king presto

lynchbhoy

POG - the wifes a better cook (shes a great flippin cook actually - if you see the cut of me you'd know ...think - the physique of Babs keating!)

Pint, you are starting to sound like some kinda giro lovin wee spide who has to continually prove his manliness to cover up for his physical or mental inadequacies!
I have no issues with my sexuality or manliness.
I can cook and dont mind admitting that I have returned from the edge of being a Typical Irishman neanderthal. Still as ignorant as a bag full of stones and wasps, but I eat like a horse, so I may as well do the decent thing and contribute my fair share of the work towards it!

I'll recommend a few recipes for ya if you like, I'll pm you...let me know
ya wee spide!
;) :D

thejuice

Heathens,

I've had my grill over a year, the non-stick is fine except for a few scratches, clean it with some thing non-abrasive and it'll be fine. I cant cook and dont have time to spend on cooking, George Foreman grills are great and suit me down to the ground as I am always on the go. I think the food tastes fine and if all else fails throw some teryaki or soy sauce over it.

Waste of Money? well for me anything else is a waste of time.

QuotePlus the wee tray full of the most disgusting stuff you will ever see
Did you empty it after every use. Besides that disgusting stuff could be clogging up your arteries otherwise.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Bensars

Quote from: full back on June 12, 2007, 12:44:00 PM

Found it handy enough to clean-have it quite a long time & still non-stick. Cleaned it shortly after using it-boiled kettle, held it over sink, put fairy liquid on it and cleaned it with a small brush-hey f**king presto

Shhh full back, dont be giving secrets away. I enjoy the idea of POG stuck at the sink with the wife standing over him until its clean.  

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Bensars on June 12, 2007, 12:50:38 PM
Shhh full back, dont be giving secrets away. I enjoy the idea of POG stuck at the sink with the wife standing over him until its clean.  
...in his flared skirt, stockings and high heels - but enough of those unionist-type fantasy fetishes  :o :D

pintsofguinness

lynch this isn't the board for your gay fantasies and you say giro loving spide like it's a bad thing. the only reason i bought the thing was because i was sick cleaning a grill pan and they said this thing could be cleaned with a rub. after that stopped working i did use the fairy and water but sure i might as well be cleaning the grill pan and the food started to stick to it so f**k that.