The Topical but morally wrong joke thread......

Started by An Fear Rua, June 01, 2007, 12:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

or is it a bit much?
everyone does it, few admit it.

** Modified by Mod 3

just say the word and i'll bin it.

Its Grim up North

mannix

An innocent little kid gets snatched and God knows what else and you think its funny?
Not funny and you have sank to the bottom my friend.

Galwaybhoy

Meh, loads of people make offensive jokes, I do, they can be very funny.  I dont find this offensive but its probably not the right time to make a joke about it, especially not on this board...

Star Spangler

QuoteAn innocent little kid gets snatched and God knows what else and you think its funny?

This isn't a joke about the girl herself though.  This joke is about how the media have used and abused the story.  It's an important distinction.

mannix

No distinction needed, her face and a joke about finding her is all thats required to say bad taste.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on June 01, 2007, 01:01:56 PM
Meh, loads of people make offensive jokes, I do, they can be very funny.  I dont find this offensive but its probably not the right time to make a joke about it, especially not on this board...

Topical but Morally wrong is the title of this thread, its hardly likely to be valid if posted at the wrong time is it.

as for being labelled a "** Edited by Mod 3

1) If your easily offended dont open a thread with said title, its not as if your likely to be surprised if you do.

2) I didnt create the image, but if I ever find out who did, Ill pass on your comments, Ive already passed them on to the person who sent me it....

So is it the thread thats causing offence or just that one image (be careful.....)

Its Grim up North

SammyG

Quote from: mannix on June 01, 2007, 01:08:33 PM
No distinction needed, her face and a joke about finding her is all thats required to say bad taste.

I would think her parents going on a world tour is a bigger case of bad taste than a (not very good) joke on an internet message board.

An Fear Rua

bad taste - if your annoyed by bad taste why the hell did you open the thread then?

Anyways, the point of the thread, is to "bring together" so called Topical humour that is always flaoting about, the sort of stuff the majority will have received via text or email etc....

If the lentil eating guardian readers will let it that is  :o
Its Grim up North

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: An Fear Rua on June 01, 2007, 01:11:17 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on June 01, 2007, 01:01:56 PM

Topical but Morally wrong is the title of this thread, its hardly likely to be valid if posted at the wrong time is it.

as for being labelled a "sick f**k"

1) If your easily offended dont open a thread with said title, its not as if your likely to be surprised if you do.

2) I didnt create the image, but if I ever find out who did, Ill pass on your comments, Ive already passed them on to the person who sent me it....

So is it the thread thats causing offence or just that one image (be careful.....)

No need to attack me, I didnt attack you over the thread.  All I said is that when you make a joke about something such as that on a board such as this your going to get replys like othes have given.

Syd

Quote from: SammyG on June 01, 2007, 01:13:01 PM

I would think her parents going on a world tour is a bigger case of bad taste than a (not very good) joke on an internet message board.

Have to agree Sammy, it makes me sick. I made a post on the "Maddie Mc Cann" thread ages ago wondering would they attempt to become minor celebrities out of this. I think i know the answer now, i am just waiting for them to get their own chat show. I think they are getting spoilt by all the attention and its going to their head, i will bet you any amount of money you want they both/one of them gets an MBE/OBE/CBE in next honours list........

An Fear Rua

Did you call me a ** Edited by Mod 3
Its Grim up North

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: An Fear Rua on June 01, 2007, 01:20:30 PM
Did you call me a "** edited by Mod 3

Is that to me?  No I didnt.

illdecide

Lads, seriously ask yourselves. You's ** Edited Mod 3** prob do not have kids of your own or you wouldn't be coming out with that shit >:( >:(
Them parents would do and try anything to get that we angel back. And what are you slabbering about why did we open the thread? "we certainly wern't expecting this topic, i love a good joke and a bit of fun like the rest of ya. but thats just not funny "its sick"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch