Sligo v Armagh 23/06/2018

Started by Stan Laurel, June 18, 2018, 08:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan Laurel

Is the apathy of these two counties such that no one gives a flying one about this?

illdecide

Possibly, i'll be there anyway like a fool. Every year i say..."never again" but i tend to forgive too easily, will be ordering the tickets today or tomorrow...Rafferty will be a big miss no matter who else Armagh have back for this game, we're very light on quality up front and can't afford any more injuries or suspensions in the forward line.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Stan Laurel on June 18, 2018, 08:35:10 AM
Is the apathy of these two counties such that no one gives a flying one about this?
Pretty much so yes. At least the trip in and out will be short enough so that's about the only positive.

It'll be closer than the hammering we got in Armagh in the opening round of the league but Armagh will still win with a bit to spare.

illdecide

I know going by the last result you'd fancy Armagh but my experiences of Sligo over the last 15 years or so was always getting it tight against them, especially in Sligo. The two teams are a lot weaker than they've been in a while but if Sligo get off to a good start and have numbers back in defense Armagh will struggle to break them down.

Could be another tight one, Armagh should finish off strong as they're meant to be in qer nick...who knows

naka

agree total apathy in both counties, won`t be travelling as just can`t seem to muster the enthusiasm, its simply prolonging the inevitable hammering somewhere down the line if Armagh win.

sligoman2

I heard Sligo lost to Leitrim in a challenge last week, hopefully the hangover from the Galway mauling will be gone by Saturday.

Not confident about this one but you never know, we might pull another upset.  Need some serious improvement in defense after. Leaking 4-24.  On the positive side we scored more against Galway than Roscommon did.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Stan Laurel

Quote from: naka on June 18, 2018, 01:19:56 PM
agree total apathy in both counties, won`t be travelling as just can`t seem to muster the enthusiasm, its simply prolonging the inevitable hammering somewhere down the line if Armagh win.

Unfortunately whatever the result the same system / management will be in place next year where it will be straight back to division 3 and another short summer. To be honest I think Sligo will win this one, hopefully they do and put Armagh out of there misery.

armaghniac

Quote from: naka on June 18, 2018, 01:19:56 PM

I plan to attend, but that is as much because I think it might be nice to visit Sligo on one of the longest days of the year as any expectation of great football.

Quote from: Stan Laurel on June 18, 2018, 01:35:17 PM
Unfortunately whatever the result the same system / management will be in place next year where it will be straight back to division 3 and another short summer. To be honest I think Sligo will win this one, hopefully they do and put Armagh out of there misery.

We were unlucky to go to Div 3, we might not be relegated again, but I don't expect much more.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

If Armagh win a few matches then you'll be running around looking tickets for the match. We all know Armagh won't win the All ireland, Jasus even they know that too and along the way they'll take a hiding from someone but until they do i'll be there cheering them on. If it's a poor performance i'll come home giving off about them but after a while i'll come round and getting ready for the next game...C'mon Armagh

Jayop

Sure if it's all just prolonging the inevitable hammering somewhere down the line you could say that about 30 odd counties chances in the thing. Still have to try to get behind them and enjoy the ride.

I'll be in for this shouting for Sligo my adopted home, and them playing against Armagh makes it a bit easier to get all into. Tipping a narrow Sligo win with the home advantage taking them across the line.

tonto1888

Will be making the trip done myself. Hope for another win so we can get at least one more match

our_fella

Dear Sligo natives... Anywhere ye'd recommend to quench the thirst at? Might stay down the night

sligoman2

Hargadons in O'connell st.  Good food and drink, old pub
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Jayop

Quote from: our_fella on June 18, 2018, 05:09:21 PM
Dear Sligo natives... Anywhere ye'd recommend to quench the thirst at? Might stay down the night

All the life around the town at night now is down along the river, Fiddlers, Garavogue, Blind Tiger, The Snug, Bourbon and Kennedys. From there it's a short jaunt over to Lillies or up the Shoot the Crows which are both worth a visit.

If you fancy a bit of dancing, ask any of the bar staff in Bourbon for passes to Lola Montez (Toffs) and you can get in free.

Captain Obvious

I'm expecting Armagh to win this game by a bit to spare. The one thing that kept coming into my head when watching the Connacht final yesterday was how bad are Sligo and they were very bad in their last meeting v Armagh this year.