50th Birthday

Started by Boycey, December 03, 2017, 11:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: Orior on December 04, 2017, 11:19:37 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on December 04, 2017, 10:02:53 AM
Spent mine at Burj Al Arab,Dubai.Dinner in the desert under the stars.Then wife arranged for three musicians to visit our room with cakes to personally serenade me! Good job the whole lot was a competition prize!

So said your fast thinking wife when you entered the room and found her with three strange men, lol

;D ;D

quit yo jibbajabba

Spent mine at Burj Al Arab,Dubai.Dinner in the desert under the stars.Then wife arranged for three musicians to visit our room with cakes to personally serenade me! Good job the whole lot was a competition prize!

So said your fast thinking wife when you entered the room and found her with three strange men, lol

think I saw the video now ye mention it  ;)
one was definitely playin the fiddle

Denn Forever

Tory Island or Rathlin Island?  If you're feeling adventerous, scale the peaks of rathfriland.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

trentoneill15

Quote from: haranguerer on December 04, 2017, 03:00:13 PM
Quote from: trentoneill15 on December 04, 2017, 12:37:18 PM
I hope I'm I my grave by 50, 25 years to go

I hope you are too

at least if i die tonight i'll have seen my county win the All-Ireland unlike you, even if I was only 14 months at the time.

haranguerer

An all Ireland?? I'd settle for an Ulster!!

Targetman

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 04, 2017, 01:17:20 PM
Tory Island or Rathlin Island?  If you're feeling adventerous, scale the peaks of rathfriland.
Bit of advice, don't go near Rathfriland it's a dump, but Vegas for me in 3 years if God spares me!!

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: GJL on December 04, 2017, 11:26:35 AM

;D ;D
;D ;D very good

BennyCake

Quote from: Targetman on December 04, 2017, 08:37:18 PM
Bit of advice, don't go near Rathfriland it's a dump, but Vegas for me in 3 years if God spares me!!

Never understood the attraction of Vegas. Think I'd prefer a week in Rathfriland!

whitey

Oktoberfest

A trip in a camper through Europe

Mates of mine go on a trip every year where they throw a dart at a dartboard......theyre wildmen, so have had some very interesting adventures in out of the way places.

If youre outdoorsy types, theres all types of great guided hiking trips you can take (especially in England, where you can stop off at all these interesting places ie pubs along the way)

Avondhu star

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 03, 2017, 11:29:06 PM
Vegas is on my list for that big one in 4 years but funny enough I was chatting to wife about my two places to go before I'm physically unable, Machu Picchu being one and base camp Everest... obviously take more than your 4 days target! Though I'd be one for a trek!
A couple of slappers wearing Mary Lou masks would be your style
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

gallsman

Vegas is an absolute shithole. Hated it when I was there at 25, can't imagine wanting to do it any more at 50

Jeepers Creepers

Load of pints down the local with your mates then a curry chip on the way home.

Targetman

Quote from: BennyCake on December 05, 2017, 12:14:17 AM
Quote from: Targetman on December 04, 2017, 08:37:18 PM

Never understood the attraction of Vegas. Think I'd prefer a week in Rathfriland!
Ah believe me you wouldn't!!

BennyCake

Is milestone birthdays the big thing now? People spending senseless amounts of money then struggling to pay the bills when they get home?

Without trying to sound like a killjoy, the country seems obsessed with having a big piss up for any occasion, from the buying of a new pair of wellies to celebrating the cat's birthday.

Boycey

Quote from: BennyCake on December 05, 2017, 05:43:43 PM
Is milestone birthdays the big thing now? People spending senseless amounts of money then struggling to pay the bills when they get home?

Without trying to sound like a killjoy, the country seems obsessed with having a big piss up for any occasion, from the buying of a new pair of wellies to celebrating the cat's birthday.

Have I mentioned a piss up anywhere?

I'm not a big drinker plus I certainly won't be putting myself in the poorhouse over a Birthday bash but I quite fancy doing something to mark the occasion. We'll probably have a nice family trip too, when my other half was 50 a couple of years back we went to Hong Kong somewhere we'd never been and were unlikely to ever have gone otherwise.

A couple of things have happened in my life over the last couple of years to make me realise that life is short enough so enjoy while you can in my motto..