Can cramps cause damage?

Started by bennydorano, August 02, 2017, 12:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on August 02, 2017, 11:09:05 AM
I had plenty of those high 5 tablets in my bottles, so I was thinking it wasn't a hydration issue, but I did have a lot of miles in the legs b4 this particular spin and it wasn't a soft one either. If it continues I'll go for a rub and see.

Cheers
That helps almost every ailment  :P

dclane

Quote from: Puckoon on August 02, 2017, 12:36:04 AM

Go easy on the bike FFS, you'll get run over by a board member.

Go on and tell us again how anyone who has ever wore white boots is now a county footballer...
I could do with a good laugh.

johnneycool

Quote from: bennydorano on August 02, 2017, 11:09:05 AM
I had plenty of those high 5 tablets in my bottles, so I was thinking it wasn't a hydration issue, but I did have a lot of miles in the legs b4 this particular spin and it wasn't a soft one either. If it continues I'll go for a rub and see.

Cheers

I'm an expert in this field;

Your problem is Arrhythmogenic Genetic Entropiosy.

Hang up the Cleats and padded Lycra shorts before you get run over.

J70

Quote from: Puckoon on August 02, 2017, 12:36:04 AM
Cramp, or pain? Serious overuse of the muscle can cause Rhabdomyolysis which is a muscle tissue break down where some of the degredation protein can be released into the blood stream. Google "spin class and sore legs"... really common in spin class folks, cross fit folks, weightlifters and runners.

You see any brown in the urine - go to the doctor.

Go easy on the bike FFS, you'll get run over by a board member.

EDIT: Just re-reading your post and your comment that you'd never experienced anything like it in your life, as well as being on the verge of passing out just re-enforces this in my opinion as something to think about. Sounds like a couple of cases I've heard and read about this year.

NY Times did a piece recently on the rhabdomylosis and spin classes.

I'd never heard of it.