Watching Sky Abroad

Started by Fuzzman, July 27, 2017, 12:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

I'm going to be in Britanny North France for the Tyrone 1/4 final game which is live on Sky Sports

I see Sky have changed all their channels now so it looks like it will be on this new Sky Main Events channel.

I tried contacting a good few pubs in Quimper, the town I'm going to, to see do they have sky sports but none seem to have the SKY package but a few say they can access the internet on their tvs and watch games that way.
Just wondering does anyone know the story or would I be better bringing my own tablet and watching it through Sky Go as I do have that though I'm not sure do they let you access live TV outside of the UK & Ireland?

By the way, I had to walk around 5 or 6 different pubs in Dublin 1 area last Sat to find one with sky sports for the GAA. Looks like a lot more pubs aren't doing it any more.

AZOffaly

You won't be able to watch Sky Go abroad, outside of UK and Ireland. You can download stuff and watch it, but I'm pretty sure you get a message about the country you are in if you try play any live TV.

screenexile

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 27, 2017, 12:00:20 PM
I'm going to be in Britanny North France for the Tyrone 1/4 final game which is live on Sky Sports

I see Sky have changed all their channels now so it looks like it will be on this new Sky Main Events channel.

I tried contacting a good few pubs in Quimper, the town I'm going to, to see do they have sky sports but none seem to have the SKY package but a few say they can access the internet on their tvs and watch games that way.
Just wondering does anyone know the story or would I be better bringing my own tablet and watching it through Sky Go as I do have that though I'm not sure do they let you access live TV outside of the UK & Ireland?

By the way, I had to walk around 5 or 6 different pubs in Dublin 1 area last Sat to find one with sky sports for the GAA. Looks like a lot more pubs aren't doing it any more.

Pretty sure SkyGo doesn't work once you leave the UK & Ireland as I've tried it before without success. Your best bet would be a stream I would think or a Firestick

gallsman

Use a VPN service like Hola or Vyper maybe.

tc_manchester

My brother used Hola in Italy on his tablet and it worked fine. I'm assuming that it should be ok for France as well

Owen Brannigan

I used Sky Go last weekend to watch the two matches on the iPad with hotel wifi in Hamburg.

I have taken a one month subscription with ExpressVPN and after a few tweaks to completely hide my location on the continent while using the East London server I was able to have a great connection via my Sky subscription.  I did have to work with their support team to get everything right.

PM me if you want any other info.

armaghniac

Instead of fiddling about with VPNs and pirate servers and whatnot, just pay the tenner and watch it on GAAGo, if your internet connection is good enough!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jim_Murphy_74

I have regularly used Mobdro abroad without too many issues.  Paying the tenner for GAAGO gives even better picture.

/Jim.

Tony Baloney

SkyGo doesn't work abroad. Tried it the other night and it comes up with a geoblock message.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 27, 2017, 07:26:58 PM
SkyGo doesn't work abroad. Tried it the other night and it comes up with a geoblock message.

It does if you use a VPN. See my post above.

dclane

omagh_gael

Quote from: dclane on July 27, 2017, 09:47:25 PM
Modbro is the way to go.

The problem with Mobdro is that recent games have been on Sky Sports Arena and this isn't available on my Mobdro app. Is this the case for you dclane?

macdanger2

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 27, 2017, 10:35:53 PM
Modbro is the way to go.

The problem with Mobdro is that recent games have been on Sky Sports Arena and this isn't available on my Mobdro app. Is this the case for you dclane?

It's showing up on mine

omagh_gael

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 27, 2017, 10:50:15 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 27, 2017, 10:35:53 PM
Modbro is the way to go.

It's showing up on mine

Don't know what's up with mine, I  can't see it!

Orchard park

Likewise sky sports arena jog of  my mobdro, the sky sports action is alright. Whereabouts did you find it macdanger