Historic GAA Coverage

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, June 26, 2017, 07:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Folks, former regular poster here who hasn't been about much in recent times but like the talented footballer who decks off to America and then wants his physio bills paid by the club when he arrives home injured, I'm hoping some of you good people can help me out.

Basically what I'm looking for is someone to point in direction of the best way to access full coverage of historic GAA matches that would have been broadcast live. I'm hoping to establish a sort of a DVD series in our club, essentially to try to get people through the door on a Friday evening.

We kicked off with a showing of us winning an Intermediate Final in the 80s (featuring a young Kieran McGeeney no less!) but sadly it won't be long until I run out of footage of Cullyhanna championship final wins!

We're hoping to show some of the full matches from the Armagh glory years like the 1999 Ulster final, the Kerry games in 2000, the 2002 games and so on.

Does anybody have any idea how we could get copies of the full 70 minutes of these matches? Ideally to download online but DVD would work too. I've found plenty of highlights online but getting full games seems more of a challenge. Grateful for any ideas anybody might have. Thanks in advance for your help.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

omagh_gael

Not a full match but this is a great complication of the 2002 season with two great games against Tyrone at the start of Ulster...

https://youtu.be/pAnI27a0ATU

Hardy

AZOffaly

Also Nemeton down in Waterford have food archives. Eir Sport are showing classic matches now too so they must have some archives too.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 26, 2017, 08:40:34 PM
Also Nemeton down in Waterford have food archives. Eir Sport are showing classic matches now too so they must have some archives too.

???

Eamonnca1

Captain Scarlet

Sideline Productions do all tha Sam 1999, etc. They would have DVDs.
Most would have it but be wary of going to RTE and the broadcasters as they might not be keen on it being shown in public. They might be grand but it can be messier than you think.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Ball Hopper on June 26, 2017, 08:58:58 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 26, 2017, 08:40:34 PM

???

No they don't,  cicfada has eaten them all😂

TacadoirArdMhacha

Thanks a million all, really appreciate the help.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

J70

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 26, 2017, 07:58:28 PM
Not a full match but this is a great complication of the 2002 season with two great games against Tyrone at the start of Ulster...

https://youtu.be/pAnI27a0ATU

That's great.

Was a decent season for our boys too. Good to be able to see some of that action again.