We need to talk about Diarmuid

Started by Mayo4Sam, June 05, 2017, 09:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: weareros on June 05, 2017, 05:21:02 PM
Ah a one game ban is enough, if even that. There's too much of a "now I got you you son of a bitch" culture in the GAA using video footage and animated GIFs, often out of context, to get players suspended for nonsense stuff. If someone is trying to break someone's leg or jaw I'd understand it but not the case here, just a bit of finger pointing really. We should want the best players competing over the Summer and not suspended for 3 months.

Of course we want the best players, but just because they are good players doesn't mean they can act the maggot.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mayoaremagic

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 05, 2017, 11:38:38 AM
Quote from: highorlow on June 05, 2017, 10:05:23 AM
Ah FFS M4S no need for this shit. This isn't us. Pull this thread. Known some of our lads We will have our our own discipline to deal with before the season is over.

The incident itself was not an infringement of the rules when common sense is applied. He patted the linesman.

Was it the Paul Galvin incident back in the day that caused the wording in this rule?

Mayo's shouldn't stoop to the level of Spillane and O'Rourke, I thought that was a contrived attack on the lad by them last night and criminalising the lad before he gets a hearing. Some pair of gobdaws.

I'm sorry but there is need for this. For two All-Irelands we've been the victim of an orchestrated media attack before we ever did a thing.
Here is a high profile opponent that has clearly broken the rules. Whether the punishment is harsh or not doesn't change the offence.
And its not because its Connolly in particular, if it was a Galway lad I'd be looking for the same thing

+1

Media campaigns cost us 2 All Irelands in 2012 and last year. Our lads should have 2 All Ireland medals in their pockets. My opinion Connolly should be suspended for 6 months. GAA need to make an example of him.

mayoaremagic

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 05, 2017, 11:51:25 AM
Ah FFS M4S no need for this shit. This isn't us. Pull this thread. Known some of our lads We will have our our own discipline to deal with before the season is over.

The incident itself was not an infringement of the rules when common sense is applied. He patted the linesman.

Was it the Paul Galvin incident back in the day that caused the wording in this rule?

Mayo's shouldn't stoop to the level of Spillane and O'Rourke, I thought that was a contrived attack on the lad by them last night and criminalising the lad before he gets a hearing. Some pair of gobdaws.

I'm sorry but there is need for this. For two All-Irelands we've been the victim of an orchestrated media attack before we ever did a thing.
Here is a high profile opponent that has clearly broken the rules. Whether the punishment is harsh or not doesn't change the offence.
And its not because its Connolly in particular, if it was a Galway lad I'd be looking for the same thing

Orchestrated media attacks?

Lee Keegan got away with an awful lot before it was ever put under the microscope.

There's not much in the Connolly incident and I don't think it should be a ban but he has put himself in a precarious situation through no ones fault but his own.

It well known there was orchestrated campaign against Lee when one of Dublin backroom team rounded up ex Dublin players to have their say. It worked and cost us a All Ireland. Should be 6 month ban at least

mayoaremagic

Quote from: Avondhu star on June 05, 2017, 04:10:19 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 05, 2017, 03:48:50 PM
So they dealt with it by do nothing?

That's not dealing with it.

He's getting 12 weeks.

Exactly. Let him do his time. He has plenty form  on and off the pitch. If he gets a suspension Dublin should forget about him and dont let it distract them

+1

mayoaremagic

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 05, 2017, 11:27:51 AM
Luckily both Spillane and O'Rourke have no agendas and are speaking from a totally neutral point of view! :P ;)

Spillane near whipping out his dick and stroking it in delight live on air last night

tonto1888

Quote from: mayoaremagic on June 05, 2017, 08:19:58 PM

+1

Media campaigns cost us 2 All Irelands in 2012 and last year. Our lads should have 2 All Ireland medals in their pockets. My opinion Connolly should be suspended for 6 months. GAA need to make an example of him.

Nonsense. Not being good enough cost you all irelands you idiot. Just when you think you might want mayo to win one someone like you comes along

twohands!!!

Pillar seems to be part of the media conspiracy too.

QuoteHe's 30 years of age now. It's 10 years since he made his Dublin debut. Let's put it in context - Dublin are going to win this match one way or the other by 10-plus points and he's arguing over a line ball midway through the second-half.

He should have been sent off for putting his hand on the linesman. It's crazy, a total lack of discipline. I'd feel very strongly that he's let his teammates down.

https://www.balls.ie/gaa/diarmuid-connolly-3-366491

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 05, 2017, 05:56:49 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 05, 2017, 05:33:37 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 05, 2017, 05:27:41 PM
Does it not be enforced? Do players get away with pushing officials?

They shouldn't.

I've seen players put there hands on match officials in the past and get away with it and without commentary too. If that had been Kilkenny, Brogan, McCaffrey or O'Sullivan yesterday it would not be commented on. It's only being commented on because it's Diarmuid Connolly and call me cynical but Pat Spillane, no more than Kevin McStay two years ago used his punditry position to kickstart an agenda yesterday.

Those players wouldn't have done it. Plus they haven't being cleared in dubious circumstances before.

Are you trying to say it's just a coincidence it's always the same player?

I'm saying this incident is being completely overblown because of the person involved. Connolly has put himself in a precarious position through his own fault but I think his history is going before him.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 05, 2017, 06:40:40 PM
if you did that to a Garda its assault

If you did what Colm Cooper did to Coldrick that's assault too, why was there never any hysteria with what Cooper did?

highorlow

Is it 12 weeks full a full push and 12 weeks for a shoulder pat?

I don't give a bollicks if it's Dermo, Leroy or Cillian there is something wrong with our game when we have x players and hard b**tards at that saying that this is some sort of big deal.

The spirit of our game has well and truly reached a new low.

A poster here correctly stated that if the ref hasn't dealt with it then move on.

The whole thing is pedantics. Micheal Cusack must be turning in his grave with the bitchfest codology that goes on these days.

My county colleague has failed in his duty by leaving this thread open. It will come back to haunt us.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

highorlow

Also is media campaign playing in midfield or full back these days?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Jinxy

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 05, 2017, 10:04:00 PM

If you did what Colm Cooper did to Coldrick that's assault too, why was there never any hysteria with what Cooper did?

Cooper's just checking Coldrick's watch to see how long is left.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Who gives a fück what Michael Cusack would think about it? He wouldn't be too happy with people playing foreign games or allowing gay referees and players either, would he?

I always laugh when Americans bring up their Founding Fathers' opinions as some sort of reason against change or some sort of shift in direction.

The dead don't have opinions nor do they have any clue what the world of today is like. My cat would be a better fountain of information than Cusack when it comes to the rights of wrongs of this one.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Jinxy on June 05, 2017, 10:25:33 PM

Connolly was just moving Brannagan out of the way of the scoreboard as he couldn't see it.

Main Street

Quote from: Jinxy on June 05, 2017, 10:25:33 PM

And at the same time, supporting Coldrick's arm so he could perform the traditional Ref's Salute that indicates he's the supreme authority on the pitch.