Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

How is it confusing? Do SF not wholeheartedly oppose all cuts in the Dail? Are financial cutbacks a vote winner anywhere?

Also on a purely governmental basis,Direct Rule would be at least be delivered by real politicians with some degree of experience of real government.

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on September 05, 2017, 01:10:55 PM
How is it confusing? Do SF not wholeheartedly oppose all cuts in the Dail? Are financial cutbacks a vote winner anywhere?

Most responsible people know that you have to pay for things and that you cannot have an excessive amount of one person paying for another.

The fiscal state of NI is now the major barrier to Irish unity, despite attempts by some to make up imaginery cultural differences and the like. SF haven't the least idea of how to address this issue. There is a Tyrone man, John the Optimist, with some good posts on Slugger re this.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

I know things have to be paid for,but no political party ever won an election by putting spending cuts in their manifesto

haveaharp

Quote from: T Fearon on September 05, 2017, 02:31:45 PM
I know things have to be paid for,but no political party ever won an election by putting spending cuts in their manifesto

The Tories just did

NAG1

How much of this recent posturing over Stormont is actually related to the impending Welfare cuts coming this way from the UK government.

The parties in power whenever they land might not be too popular for a while.  ;)

Sportacus

Almost everything is posturing.  In the end they will save their own skins and restore the Assembly.   

lurganblue

I see May is going to remove the 1% cap on public service pay and so is Sturgeon. Good to see. Assuming nothing will happen here until the useless bastids return to work.

armaghniac

Quote from: lurganblue on September 06, 2017, 12:59:33 PM
I see May is going to remove the 1% cap on public service pay and so is Sturgeon. Good to see. Assuming nothing will happen here until the useless bastids return to work.

She had to , the devaluation of Sterling will ramp up inflation.

Meanwhile, Danny is down at the brew 
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/thats-politics-exgovernment-minister-danny-kennedy-signs-on-the-dole-36105444.html
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B