Author Topic: Martin Mc Guinness Passes Away at 66  (Read 27343 times)

give her dixie

• View Profile
Re: Martin Mc Guinness
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2017, 04:55:47 PM »
Insufficient Evidence ... 

Wednesday, April 09, 2014   

Guest writer, Thomas Dixie Elliot with some thoughts on the Provisional IRA's chief of staff from 1978-1982 being able to evade prison time in the North.

The 2nd highest ranking member of PIRA/PSF was never interned. The only time he was arrested and jailed in the North was for a few weeks on an IRA membership charge and the Crown Prosecutor released him saying twice that he was 'instructed' Not to Proceed with the Prosecution due to insufficient evidence ...

However in 1972 McGuinness was filmed twice by British TV crews speaking on behalf of the IRA, one being the famous Tom Mangold interview on Stanleys Walk in which McGuinness was described by Mangold as they walked 'as The Officer Commanding The Derry Part Of The IRA…?' The other time being in May just after the OIRA ceasefire...

Yet in 1976 the Crown Prosecutor said he was 'instructed not to proceed with the prosecution due to insufficient evidence'.

(Who instructed a Crown Prosecutor?)

Again during the Raymond Gilmour supergrass trail many Derry IRA members and Republican activists were arrested but not McGuinness who was free to wander round Derry. According to recently released documents Garret Fitzgerald asked Jim Prior why they didn't use Gilmours evidence to jail McGuinness. Prior said because they had no evidence...

A supergrass names every Republican in Derry yet gives no evidence which could jail Derry and the North's most prominent IRA man?

Today he leads PSF further and further into a humiliating acceptance of Britain's role in the North. He does these things because he knows what they know and are capable of doing if he doesn't...

http://thepensivequill.am/2014/04/insufficient-evidence.html
;D
That's deranged horsedung.
Only certified idiots would classify that as anything other than low standard, 100% unsubstantiated waffle.
That's supposed to be evidence that McGuinness was a tout?? ;D

Paper cutting from the trial at the time

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

AhNowRef

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2017, 05:01:19 PM »
I would assume that not 100% of cases are acted on .. would this scenario not be normal enough no  ::)

Seems pretty poor "evidence" to me.. pathetic in fact ..

give her dixie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2017, 05:15:32 PM »

There are some that think he was a tout, and I mean hard line republicans that think that, I have no idea if he was or was not but he is far from one of Irelands finest.

There are some that think the Queen of England is a Lizard.
I don't trust your sources.

Scores of former senior IRA members claim he is a tout. That much is common knowledge

Martin Ingram a MI6 officer was the first to claim he was J118

Lots of info and links here in regards to Ingrams claims   

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Document:Is_Martin_McGuinness_a_British_Agent%3F
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

vallankumous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2017, 05:24:12 PM »
GHD - a guest contributors article to the pensive quill is something special as a source all right!!

Dixie Elliott is a former blanket man from Derry, and someone who knew McGuinness well.

In Republican circles he is a highly respected man, and his views are widely respected.

As a source, he is well placed to have an informed opinion.

None of that link you posted is from his well placed position.

uimhr ocht

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2017, 06:09:38 PM »
He deserves credit along with adams for politically trying to bring an end to the orange state,in 1998 the maze was full of  republicans they got released under GFA,the ruc was disbanded,and republicans were in power at stormont,30 years ago this was unimaginable it was an orange state for the protestant people,no equality or civil rights.I think MI5 had played a part in trying to undermine mc guiness when he was in power at stormont by claiming he was an agent dirty tricks more likely.

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2017, 06:16:08 PM »
He deserves credit along with adams for politically trying to bring an end to the orange state,in 1998 the maze was full of  republicans they got released under GFA,the ruc was disbanded,and republicans were in power at stormont,30 years ago this was unimaginable it was an orange state for the protestant people,no equality or civil rights.I think MI5 had played a part in trying to undermine mc guiness when he was in power at stormont by claiming he was an agent dirty tricks more likely.

He is by far the most statesmanlike politician we have had in the north in the past 10-15 years. He has done an incredible job for the peace process and it is really sad to see him looking so unwell. For the sake of us all it would be great to see him make a recovery.

AhNowRef

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2017, 06:31:06 PM »

He is by far the most statesmanlike politician we have had in the north in the past 10-15 years. He has done an incredible job for the peace process and it is really sad to see him looking so unwell. For the sake of us all it would be great to see him make a recovery.

Nail on head there ....   He's the best statesman we have and he's genuinely tried his best .... I hope he's ok !!

Franko

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2017, 08:49:00 PM »

+1

5 Sams

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2017, 09:29:24 PM »

Nail on head there ....   He's the best statesman we have and he's genuinely tried his best .... I hope he's ok !!

Given his background the fact he was able to get Paisley on board as one of his buddies indicates he has serious charisma and had enormous credibility as a politician over the last 10 plus years...ffs I even saw a pic of him and Arlene arm in arm at some event laughing their heads off together a few years ago.
The Aristocrat Years

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2017, 09:46:12 PM »

Given his background the fact he was able to get Paisley on board as one of his buddies indicates he has serious charisma and had enormous credibility as a politician over the last 10 plus years...ffs I even saw a pic of him and Arlene arm in arm at some event laughing their heads off together a few years ago.
Just goes to show the quality available on the other side of the house, that the Unionists thought they didn't need for so many years. Compare to Gregory Campbell, mar shampla
Fill ar do chuid. Tremenjus

WT4E

• View Profile

Franko

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2017, 10:25:08 AM »
http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/love-your-enemies-says-dup-man-on-mcguinness-illness-1-7766567

Is this article supposed to show that the DUP are capable of showing some empathy?  Are you having a laugh?  Did you actually read it?

Take Your Points

• View Profile