Does Apple case prove Irish tax system is rotten to the core?

Started by T Fearon, August 30, 2016, 06:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

If not why is the Dublin Government opposed to this windfall tax?

J70

Obviously the issue is that Ireland might not seem so attractive for giant multinationals anymore. The corporate tax rate and the Celtic Tiger were not unrelated.

TabClear

Fair bit of discussion on the Bailout thread already if anyone is interested

T Fearon

The real issue here though is my ingenious puns."Apple and rotten to the core" "Windfall"

muppet

MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

seafoid

Ireland is now being sued for non collection of the tax. Poor people don't need the money.

T Fearon

Ironic,given that Ireland is such an EU champion,it ignores its tax regimes.At least the Brits have the dignity to get out.

BennyCake

I wonder how many people in media will shout to get the South out of Europe. But they'll just take it up the jacksy from Europe, as usual.

AZOffaly

Quote from: BennyCake on October 04, 2017, 05:03:09 PM
I wonder how many people in media will shout to get the South out of Europe. But they'll just take it up the jacksy from Europe, as usual.

Take it up the jacksy? Are they not openly defying an EU ruling?

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 04, 2017, 05:42:54 PM

We should be allowed to tax our companies in used Burger King wrappers if we want. Fully behind the Government and Apple on this one.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on October 04, 2017, 05:54:30 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 04, 2017, 05:42:54 PM

We should be allowed to tax our companies in used Burger King wrappers if we want. Fully behind the Government and Apple on this one.
And then you moan about poor Ros with no jobs. FFS