66 days

Started by winghalfback, August 13, 2016, 10:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Quote from: T Fearon on August 16, 2016, 01:53:41 PM
I think it is inevitable that the freestate will join the commonwealth.We are now in effectively a post nationalist Ireland with revisionism pointing towards the proposition that the 1916 Rising was a fatal error.
Pearse died so Irish people would be free to choose the way of life they wanted ,
He had his own idea of what that was but as a republican he'd have know that future generations would make their own path .
I'm sure it was never part of his plan the he would be a dead monarch ruling from beyond the grave ensuring nothing would change. in Fact id reckon his biggest regret would be I'm writing this in English
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Nigel White

Quote from: T Fearon on August 16, 2016, 01:53:41 PM
I think it is inevitable that the freestate will join the commonwealth.We are now in effectively a post nationalist Ireland with revisionism pointing towards the proposition that the 1916 Rising was a fatal error.
So what would you like to see happening?

T Fearon

Am happy enough with status quo.I am comfortable,healthy have a good standard of life,and wouldn't swap it for the unknown of a united Ireland in which I am not wanted anyway.

Nigel White

So what are you yapping about then

T Fearon

T Fearon

What I mean is that I don't waste my time over something that will never happen.In my.lifetime I have seen incredible change up here which I never believed would happen.I.don't feel unhappy with the status quo now.

Ulick

Quote from: T Fearon on August 17, 2016, 01:22:50 PM
What I mean is that I don't waste my time over something that will never happen.In my.lifetime I have seen incredible change up here which I never believed would happen.I.don't feel unhappy with the status quo now.

Feck sake it was only yesterday you were giving out about the Shinners because they are "happily ensconced in Stormont".

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on August 17, 2016, 01:22:50 PM
In my.lifetime I have seen incredible change up here which I never believed would happen.I.don't feel unhappy with the status quo now.

You are very easily pleased, for someone always giving out.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

I as you know now firmly subscribe to a Northern Irish identity on the basis that  a)We in the North have more in common with each other than with people across the water or down south and  b) Neither London nor Dublin wants us anyway.

When you recognise and accept these two irrefutable facts it's amazing how at ease and dare I say liberated,you feel!

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on August 17, 2016, 04:10:46 PM
I as you know now firmly subscribe to a Northern Irish identity on the basis that  a)We in the North have more in common with each other than with people across the water or down south and  b) Neither London nor Dublin wants us anyway.

When you recognise and accept these two irrefutable facts it's amazing how at ease and dare I say liberated,you feel!

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

You don't understand.The point of being N Irish is that you don't tug your forelock to anyone,not London, Not Dublin who jointly have betrayed all of us here for far too long

Nigel White

Does your employer know about the stuff you're putting up on social media?  We keep telling young people to be careful of what they put up on FB etc and here's you, an adult, constantly posting nonsense, a lot of it during work hours.  Apart from posting on social media and constantly doing pointless competitions do you actually do any work?