UVF Give up but keep the Guns

Started by An Fear Rua, May 03, 2007, 10:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 04, 2007, 02:58:21 PM
And yes, BIGOTS!

Utter nonsense. I don't agree with a lot of SammyG's conclusions about the nature of life in Northern Ireland, but there isn't a speck of bigotry on him.

ziggysego

SammyG states his points..... a LOT. I certainly don't agree with most of them, but I like to think that I can at least try to see his point of view. Never once did I think it was bigoted...... just ill-informed ;)
Testing Accessibility

Main Street

Quote from: ziggysego on May 04, 2007, 05:39:26 PM
SammyG states his points..... a LOT. I certainly don't agree with most of them, but I like to think that I can at least try to see his point of view. Never once did I think it was bigoted...... just ill-informed ;)
Okay, ill and informed.
If you need us to prepare your obituary Sammy, let us know, otherwise take it easy and get back to health in good time.

SammyG

Quote from: Main Street on May 04, 2007, 05:56:30 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 04, 2007, 05:39:26 PM
Okay, ill and informed.
If you need us to prepare your obituary Sammy, let us know, otherwise take it easy and get back to health in good time.

Aahh group hug.  ;)

Thanks for your regards lads. I'm fine at the minute, I had a problem with an infection in my jaw and had to have an operation to sort it out, but I'm doing rightly and I'll be about for a while yet (hopefully).

MW

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 04, 2007, 02:58:21 PM
Lynchboy EG, Sammy and MW are here purely to annoy.

I've said it before, then induldged them a little.

No doubt they will seek written proof of this!!

Shit stirrers of the highest degree, but skilled debaters (well EG and Sammy)

And yes, BIGOTS!

And I have explained why on previous threads so dont even ask 

I would like to say I wont induldge them any further but no doubt they tempt me back by either patronising me, insulting me, or poking fun at me.

I have no intentions on wasting any more of my time speaking to their kind (and no I dont mean unionist, or protestant so dont bother getting on your high horses)

Ah right. So because I think simplistic one-sided sloganeering is unhelpful, and because I'm disgusted with all sets of terrorist murderers, I'm a "bigot".

Can't fault that logic, eh.

Seems that as with the dearly departed Mr Fearon, to you the definition of "bigot" is "one of themmuns who I disagree with, or who disagrees with me".

his holiness nb

Quote from: MW on May 04, 2007, 06:09:41 PM
[Ah right. So because I think simplistic one-sided sloganeering is unhelpful, and because I'm disgusted with all sets of terrorist murderers, I'm a "bigot".

Can't fault that logic, eh.

That wouldnt make someone a bigot, dont be stupid!
Ask me holy bollix

MW

Well apparently it makes me a "bigot" to you? ???

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: SammyG on May 04, 2007, 03:39:54 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 04, 2007, 03:36:45 PMit wasnt part of apartheid - why because it was one of the first acknowledged acts ?  :D
well one of the first recorded in history

It wasn't apartheid because it had f**k all to do with apartheid. I'll ask again, do you know what apartheid is?
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 04, 2007, 03:36:45 PM
good lad
yer just a wee daftie - the kind of mentality that I expected from you.

So condemning the event is what you expected, excellent now we're getting somewhere.
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 04, 2007, 03:36:45 PM
Ostriches/badgers etc etc your only crime was loyalty alright !
:D
WTF am I supposed to be 'loyal' to?

I dont expect you and folks like you to , ever to admit that the oppression, genocide and apartheid were prevalent in the old statelet
I have humoured you and provided a few examples - I am sure anyone who could be bothered could write reams, but as you are going to stick yer head in the sand and deny it all, thats kind of pointless and a waste of time.All of those examples (and many many more) are most def part or parts of an apartheid.

if you deny that any of these things as listed below in the wikipedia definition of what the crime of apartheid entails
then it says it all about you really
scuttle back off and try deny something less cast in stone like a good wee chap

this will make your type squirm and uncomfortable but here goes...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_of_apartheid
The "crime of apartheid" is defined by the 2002 treaty establishing the International Criminal Court as inhumane acts of a character similar to other crimes against humanity "committed in the context of an institutionalised regime of systematic oppression and domination by one racial group over any other racial group or groups and committed with the intention of maintaining that regime." It lists such crimes as murder, enslavement, deprivation of physical liberty, forced relocation, sexual violence, and collective persecution.[1]

In 1973, the United Nations General Assembly opened for signature and ratification the International Convention on the Suppression and Punishment of the Crime of Apartheid (ICSPCA)[2] It defined the crime of apartheid as "inhuman acts committed for the purpose of establishing and maintaining domination by one racial group of persons over any other racial group of persons and systematically oppressing them." It mentions racially based acts such as murder, infringement on freedom or dignity, arbitrary arrest and imprisonment, imposition of inhumane living conditions, forced labor, or enacting measures calculated to prevent a racial group from "participation in the political, social, economic and cultural life of the country" such as denying them "basic human rights and freedoms, including the right to work, the right to form recognised trade unions, the right to education, the right to leave and to return to their country, the right to a nationality, the right to freedom of movement and residence, the right to freedom of opinion and expression, and the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association."

Article 7: Crimes against humanity
1. For the purpose of this Statute, 'crime against humanity' means any of the following acts when committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian population, with knowledge of the attack:
(a) Murder;
(b) Extermination;
(c) Enslavement;
(d) Deportation or forcible transfer of population;
(e) Imprisonment or other severe deprivation of physical liberty in violation of fundamental rules of international law;
(f) Torture;
(g) Rape, sexual slavery, enforced prostitution, forced pregnancy, enforced sterilization, or any other form of sexual violence of comparable gravity;
(h) Persecution against any identifiable group or collectivity on political, racial, national, ethnic, cultural, religious, gender as defined in paragraph 3, or other grounds that are universally recognized as impermissible under international law, in connection with any act referred to in this paragraph or any crime within the jurisdiction of the Court;
(i) Enforced disappearance of persons;
(j) The crime of apartheid;
(k) Other inhumane acts of a similar character intentionally causing great suffering, or serious injury to body or to mental or physical health.

fior gael ultach

Statement by the President of Republican Sinn Féin Ruairí Ó Brádaigh
May 3, 2007
Todays UVF statement, if taken at face value can be given a qualified welcome. However, the fact that arms are to be retained and will continue to be available to its leadership remains a threat to the nationalist people against whom a relentless campaign of assassination has been carried out.

This menace also extends to the Unionist community, many of whose members have also been killed by the same UVF while others have suffered greatly at their hands. In particular uninvolved and innocent nationalists have been targeted by UVF death squads working in collusion with the British crown forces and their intelligence groupings.

Such a campaign against the nationalist population has been pursued ever since the first civilians both Unionist and Nationalist John Patrick Scullion, Peter Ward and Mrs Gould were killed by them in the summer of 1966. These and other deaths of uninvolved people were carried out deliberately and as a matter of policy.

The unionist working class would be much better served, provided such a campaign is at an end, by active representation in a nine-county Ulster Parliament such as has been proposed by Republican Sinn Fin as part of a new federation of the four provinces.

We look forward to such a development.

heganboy

since when did Rory Brady support the handing in of arms?

And lynchboy- racial? are you saying the the conflict in the north was racial?

And will people stop posting wikipedia as if it were gospel- even the gospel isn't gospel and wikipedia is not a reliable source.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

his holiness nb

Speaking of "racial" and wiipedia.
That website is a farce, I searched for Jason Sherlocks new club Oliver Plunkets Eoghan Ruadh (probably spelt arseways) and the page about them was full of insults about them and referred to Sherlock as a "gook"

Disgraceful!
Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

Cheers for the reply LB (although as heganboy says I wouldn't quote wiki as a reliable source). Now is there any chance you can tell me how any of your quote relates to the situation in Ireland (north or south)?