Liverpool
45 (46.4%)
AC Milan
52 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Syd

Quote from: full back on May 16, 2007, 12:51:34 PM
Quote from: Syd on May 16, 2007, 12:49:50 PM
Syd has got a pass for the evening from the missus to go on the rip to watch the match  ;D  ;D  ;D

You can thank me for that Syd ;)

Be safe......

SuperDooperCooper

I think they are seriously worried about us now.
None of this shite 2 years ago when they just had to turn to win... ;)
==============================================
Milan coach ridicules Reds style 

Ancelotti (left) was beaten by Benitez's side at the 2005 Champions League final
AC Milan Carlo Ancelotti has labelled Liverpool the worst technically-gifted of the three English sides to reach the Champions League semi-finals.
Ancelotti has also accused the Reds of abandoning their English roots ahead their Champions League final on 23 May.

"Technically, Liverpool are the worst team of the three English sides who reached the semi-finals," he said.

"But out of Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United, I'd have preferred United in the final."

Liverpool do not have the DNA of an English side

Carlo Ancelotti

He added: "You could see from the two legs of our semi-final with them that they play and let you play. I don't think it will be the same with Liverpool."

AC Milan were beaten by the Anfield side in the 2005 final in the competition after Liverpool came back from 3-0 down to draw level at 3-3 and then win on penalties.

Genarro Gattuso has already taunted the Reds by claiming they are not as good as Manchester United and Ancelotti has stoked the fires further with his latest comments.

He delivered a barb at counterpart Rafael Benitez and a policy he sees as decreasing the number of English players in the team.

"Milan are a strong Italian team. there is a strong Italian culture running through the team." said Ancelotti.

"Liverpool do not have the DNA of an English side. It is more of a Mediterranean team because of the coach."

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Caitlin

As no-one has picked up on 5ive times can I assume we are the only GAA men/women there ? If the weather, pitch, determination and result are the same as Pairc Esler it will be worth getting up at 2.30am on Wednesday to be at Aldergove for 3.30 and arrive back at 5.30am ( or up to 8 hours later) on Thursday. If antone has tips on what to do when we arrive in Athens ( aprt from the obvious) I'd be grateful.

Square Ball

I will be well clear of the local on Wed night just in case the unthinkable happens, and to make matters worse they are having an Istanbul remembered night on Friday, complete rerun of the match and all that, mind you the result on Wed will dictate how many go.

Actually will be watching a under 14 hurling semi final then, so thats even better.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Syd

I have just found out today we have a hurling match on Wednesday @ 7.30pm. f**king bastards !!!

Square Ball

Quote from: Syd on May 21, 2007, 08:08:01 PM
I have just found out today we have a hurling match on Wednesday @ 7.30pm. f**king bastards !!!

Oops

what will you be doing? Hurling or match?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Syd

Quote from: Square Ball on May 21, 2007, 08:24:25 PM
Quote from: Syd on May 21, 2007, 08:08:01 PM

Oops

what will you be doing? Hurling or match?

Well i am working hard behind the scenes to get it called off so fingers crossed. I had planned a piss up in Belfast to watch the match....

Tony Baloney

Tut tut Syd are you really going to choose a foreign game over your national game?  ;D

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

magpie seanie

If there's any justice in the world Milan will get revenge for the disgraceful act of larceny they allowed happen two years ago. Otherwise my winnings will pay most of my bills from the New York trip. WIN win. Feck the money, come on the Rossineri.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ONeill on May 21, 2007, 11:30:23 PM
Ever hear this commentary?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJeSooXp3lI&mode=related&search=

Brillaint..John Aldridge screaming in the background is hillarious!!! ;D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Anyone have some bets on?
I put 10 on Steve Finnan to score in 90mins at 20/1
Complete longshot i know but who knows in a final .....Phil Neal anyone???
You'll Never Walk Alone.