Author Topic: Android Boxes  (Read 56773 times)

nrico2006

• View Profile
Re: Android Boxes
« Reply #840 on: April 18, 2017, 07:42:36 PM »
On a slightly different note, apparently Sky Sports Box Office has been taken off the 'sky' boxes, i use a zgemma. Anybody know if any of the apps in the IPTV player do live sports?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

snoopdog

• View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 18, 2017, 08:33:02 PM »
Hi. Want to get my sportsmania account on my smartphone any ideas. I believe there is an app? But a few out there so if someone could link the exact one. Also do i need to install kodi? Thanks in advance.
No you don't need Kodi. Download Matrix TV on the play store.
Type in sportsmania.rocks for the URL when you open the app. Then log in with your normal details.
Works great on Android and I have it on an iPad also and works great.
That worked a treat. Thanks. Hope ots safe enough on the old samsung.  Thanks

snoopdog

• View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 20, 2017, 09:04:11 PM »
I have a qbox the kids lost the remote and have now broke the mouse. Anyone know if there is an app remote i can download to my smartphone that might control the qboz. Fupping fuming with them. My own fault shouldnt let them have it.

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 25, 2017, 07:53:31 PM »
A right few channels gone off the dodgy boxes today, and no sign of any breakthrough in solving the original problem. It looks like the writing is definitely on the wall at this stage. Time to try out IPTV I reckon..

Ty4Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 25, 2017, 09:11:00 PM »
What channels have gone today?

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 25, 2017, 09:17:52 PM »
SS3
SS4
SS5
SSN
SKY Atlantic +1
All Disney channels.

Some of sports channels are available on other frequencies I think but it doesn't seem too positive

Smokin Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 25, 2017, 09:30:44 PM »
Boycey, as you are my go-to guy............

What's the differences between IPTV and the likes of SportsMania on Kodi?

Do you need a really good broadband speed in order to enjoy IPTV?

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 25, 2017, 09:56:44 PM »
I'm definitely not an expert when it comes to IPTV. I'm hoping it can replicate Sky in some form. My Sportsmania sub is essential as is kodi but I use them in an 'event driven' way if there's a match or series on I  want to watch I find it and view. I really like though being able to channel hop and surf on a Sky type platform.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 25, 2017, 10:03:06 PM »
I would say you are less likely to need good broadband for iptv. It uses adaptive technologies which basically mean poor broadband just means lower quality stream. Kodi from what i can gather is constant meaning poor broadband poor download rates.

Smokin Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 25, 2017, 10:18:41 PM »
I totally agree Boycey, the Sky platform with the planner and recording function is essential.

That is promising news Tommy.  Sportsmania plays fine for me on Kodi; so on that basis hopefully the IPTV would be a real option for me too.
Having just learnt about cardsharing 6 months ago it looks like it's time to learn something different!!

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 25, 2017, 11:23:43 PM »
The guy who done my box told me tonight that they are done. Defo the end of them and it won't be a quick fix, possibly a fix at some point but it could be expensive.

MoChara

• View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 26, 2017, 08:23:58 AM »
Sportsmania is an IPTV, I have a different IPTV subscription think it costs me about 25 quid for 3 months. My Broadband Speed is alright nothing special and it seems to work 100 % bang on all sports HD channels with all Box Office etc I couldn't be happier with it.

Theres an EPG on it as well if you like your channel hopping, does Sportsmania not come with the programmer?

Smokin Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 26, 2017, 08:47:54 AM »
MoChara, the difference is that SportsMania is only really for watching live sport.

Whereas I think the thing with "proper" IPTV is that it works pretty much the way Sky does where you can get the movie channels, the Kids channels and all the silly Kardashian type channels also.

I presume your IPTV sub works this way?

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 26, 2017, 09:23:55 AM »
I have IPTV player on the zgemma - is there anyway of watching the like of sky sports box office through it?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Smokin Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 26, 2017, 09:25:54 AM »
I have IPTV player on the zgemma - is there anyway of watching the like of sky sports box office through it?

There appears to be, although I think you need a slightly different setup.  You need to get an IPTV sub, and from reading on the excellent techkings forum there is a bit of set up required.

I'm just waiting for Boycey to make the leap and then he can educate us  ;)