lennon leaves celtic

Started by the colonel, April 25, 2007, 12:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

From the BBC Website:

Forest win race to capture Lennon 

Lennon knows the East Midlands from his time at Leicester
Nottingham Forest have beaten a host of clubs to sign former Celtic midfielder Neil Lennon on a one-year contract.
The 35-year-old, who left Celtic last month after seven successful years, becomes Forest boss Colin Calderwood's first signing of the summer.

Lennon, however, will not be joining in a coaching capacity as first thought.

His former club Leicester were thought to be among several Championship clubs keen on the Ulsterman, while Sunderland were also linked with a move for him.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

full back

WTF
Forest ???
There mustnt have been many clubs looking for him if he ended up there

stiffler

Not a bad move for him, at least he will be getting games, really couldnt see him playing regulary in the premiership now at this stage of his career. Maybe this move will open the door to his international comeback  :P
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

T Fearon

He nearly joined Wycombe Wanderers, and Paul Lambert, last week!

I suspect he will be in the manager's job at the City Ground very soon.Calderwood's failure to win promotion last season surely means that anything less than a scintillating start to the new league season,will see him out of a job pronto.

Wonder had Forest Legend Martin O'Neill anything to do with this?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on June 12, 2007, 04:20:51 PM
He nearly joined Wycombe Wanderers, and Paul Lambert, last week!

I suspect he will be in the manager's job at the City Ground very soon.Calderwood's failure to win promotion last season surely means that anything less than a scintillating start to the new league season,will see him out of a job pronto.

Wonder had Forest Legend Martin O'Neill anything to do with this?
by all accounts , folk were convinced that he was joining sunderland !

mannix

So this means the end of celtics domination of a really strong league.What a shame, i was getting used to it being a rangers celtic competition.