Women & Weddings - WTF?!

Started by bennydorano, October 02, 2014, 07:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Her cousin's wedding tomorrow, so it was: Hairdressers Tuesday night, False tan last night &
Nails tonight, then it's back to the Hairdressers & Beauticians in the morning.

Bonus - for the first time ever - she took the car & got it washed today.

Standard stuff in this era of w**k I'd imagine?

Puckoon

This fake tan thing is getting out of control. They are getting more orange by the year.

beer baron

The latest i've found out is they go in to the hairdressers/beauticians the day after a wedding and get a new look for the after party that evening  :o.

Jaysus being a man's fantastic,the only worry i have the morning of a wedding is squeezing into the trousers of the same suit i've worn for the last half dozen weddings i've been to   ;D

bennydorano

Quote from: Puckoon on October 02, 2014, 08:02:28 PM
This fake tan thing is getting out of control. They are getting more orange by the year.
My Mrs is as swarthy as they come too, no need whatsoever.

glens abu

Jesus boys wait until you have a daughter getting married and you have 3/4 getting that all done.Nightmare.

5 Sams

Quote from: bennydorano on October 02, 2014, 08:22:31 PM

Rule 1.... ;) ;D
The Aristocrat Years

Farrandeelin

Quote from: beer baron on October 02, 2014, 08:19:26 PM
The latest i've found out is they go in to the hairdressers/beauticians the day after a wedding and get a new look for the after party that evening  :o.

Jaysus being a man's fantastic,the only worry i have the morning of a wedding is squeezing into the trousers of the same suit i've worn for the last half dozen weddings i've been to   ;D

You have it handy...my girlfriend is insisting on me get a 'suit for every season' :o Thankfully I haven't given in. ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

bennydorano

I'm just hoping she enjoys herself :D. I refused to recognise the court. Got a sickener of weddings a few years back & if I can get out of going, I don't go.

bennydorano

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 02, 2014, 08:25:13 PM

Rule 1.... ;) ;D
If I knew how to post a photo I would :P

seafoid

We lived in India for a while. Over there the women all want skin whitening creams for lovely pasty skin. You can never be pale enough in India. One Christmas we came back for a wedding and all the women wanted orange makeup for a bit of colour. It's a funny old world .

seafoid

The ultimate resource on women and weddings in Ireland, possibly a GAAboard equivalent

http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion/

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on October 02, 2014, 08:35:34 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on October 02, 2014, 08:25:13 PM

Rule 1.... ;) ;D
If I knew how to post a photo I would :P
Don't let that get in the way. Why don't you put them up on a sharing website and send the link to me and I'll post up the best. I'm a nice guy like that  :D

ONeill

It's not just the wemen.

The standard school formal will have lads getting off early to get their tan on.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

Weddings are ridiculous these days. People should just feck off and get married, and stop pressurising folk on spending money they don't have. If a couple had to attend 3 or 4 weddings in one year, I'd say you'd have a hell of a holiday for the same money.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: seafoid on October 02, 2014, 09:20:26 PM
We lived in India for a while. Over there the women all want skin whitening creams for lovely pasty skin. You can never be pale enough in India. One Christmas we came back for a wedding and all the women wanted orange makeup for a bit of colour. It's a funny old world .

They are doing the opposite thing, but for the exact same reason.

People started getting fake tans in Europe to make it seem like they had the means to go on sun holidays - a show of status

In a lot of Asian countries, the poorest people work outside - in the fields etc. They get their skin whitened to make it obvious they don't have to work in the fields
Hasta la victoria siempre