Sinead O'Connor

Started by Shamrock Shore, September 10, 2013, 12:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

I'm just happy for the people who slag her off who obviously have never encountered mental health illness among any of their relatives or friends...

NAG1

Quote from: BennyCake on May 16, 2016, 10:57:51 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 16, 2016, 08:49:10 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 16, 2016, 08:15:32 PM
Another attention seeking stunt. Boo friggidy hoo.
She is probably quite unwell and living it out in public

Plenty of people with similar illness and they don't behave like she does.

What is the illness?

seafoid

Quote from: NAG1 on May 17, 2016, 09:36:17 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 16, 2016, 10:57:51 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 16, 2016, 08:49:10 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 16, 2016, 08:15:32 PM
Another attention seeking stunt. Boo friggidy hoo.
She is probably quite unwell and living it out in public

Plenty of people with similar illness and they don't behave like she does.

What is the illness?
I think she is bipolar
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mikehunt

Quote from: longballin on May 16, 2016, 11:19:16 PM
I'm just happy for the people who slag her off who obviously have never encountered mental health illness among any of their relatives or friends...

The 'snap out of it' brigade.

BennyCake

She always was an attention seeker. 26 years later after her only real hit, she's no longer relevant in the music industry or in popular culture. Ordained a priest, insulting the Pope, etc - instead of media ignoring her, they invite her onto TV shows ffs.

mikehunt

Quote from: BennyCake on May 17, 2016, 04:00:04 PM

She always was an attention seeker. 26 years later after her only real hit, she's no longer relevant in the music industry or in popular culture. Ordained a priest, insulting the Pope, etc - instead of media ignoring her, they invite her onto TV shows ffs.
She has a mental illness. There's a reason she's acting erratically. 

longballin

... was in context to Pope about mass cover up of child abuse... she done right. as for other stuff... person with mental health issues did stuff that was off the wall wow!

screenexile

Wait until you have some experience of mental health issues and you'll soon change your tune!!

stew

The woman is sick,in the head, leave her the f**k alone you bullocks, ach sure why not beat on a sick person when they are down! >:(
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

longballin

Quote from: stew on May 17, 2016, 11:49:36 PM

The woman is sick,in the head, leave her the f**k alone you bullocks, ach sure why not beat on a sick person when they are down! >:(

that's what gutless bullies do...

easytiger95

She was ahead of the curve in pointing out the terrible child abuse scandals in Ireland - she was doing that a long time before the Murphy and Ryan reports...

She sings the best version of the Offaly Rover ever, and loves a nice big carvery...up the Biffs!!

She elevated the video form to art with one of the rawest performances every put on camera...

And she now has serious mental health problems, which most people would understand makes her behavior erratic and would hope that she receives the best treatment for.

Attention seeker or publicity whore she is not.

AZOffaly

Quote from: easytiger95 on May 18, 2016, 10:08:44 AM
She was ahead of the curve in pointing out the terrible child abuse scandals in Ireland - she was doing that a long time before the Murphy and Ryan reports...

She has the absolute voice of an angel that can strip the skin from your back or heal your soul...

She elevated the video form to art with one of the rawest performances every put on camera...

And she now has serious mental health problems, which most people would understand makes her behavior erratic and would hope that she receives the best treatment for.

Attention seeker or publicity whore she is not.

What?!? What sort of pretentious shite is that :)

A very talented lady, and obviously not well, and has not been well for a long, long time. The way she treated her own body and face always seemed to indicate some inner demons. She was a beautiful girl when she was younger, but she seemed determined to not allow herself be beautiful for some reason. I just hope she can find happiness.

easytiger95

Jaysis AZ, I just like my music!! She is definitely up there in the pantheon with some of the best female vocalists ever. Maybe not as a singer songwriter but as an interpreter of other's songs, she's fairly flawless.

It's just a pity that her various illnesses have, amongst other things, severely limited her output.

I might do an edit on that now - pretentious, moi?

easytiger95

Edit done.  ;)

Just see that she has posted an open letter on facebook - very sad and twisted stuff, the tragic thing is she seems to realize at times just how out there she is traveling, mental illness is such a curse.