Quote from: BennyCake on December 01, 2015, 11:02:24 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on December 01, 2015, 09:05:17 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 01, 2015, 08:27:22 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on December 01, 2015, 07:19:33 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 01, 2015, 07:09:11 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on December 01, 2015, 06:30:30 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 01, 2015, 04:57:34 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on December 01, 2015, 11:52:17 AM
Read one of her brother's books and he mentions the type of upbringing/home they came from. Would go someway to explaining her erratic behaviour. She obviously suffers from some disorder and for people to give her stick because of it, is odd. She has a troubled mind but a voice of an angel.

That is very much a matter of opinion.

Same as all music then......and pretty much everything else for that matter

Not exactly. Quite a lot of things are factual.

Only if one accepts the rationale that makes it a fact, would it be a fact.

If Sinead O'Connor has perfect tone and pitch you could say her voice is technically excellent in terms of the criteria established by Western Musical theory. But if you dont like it, then you dont like it maybe the criteria doesnt work for your taste, which is fine.

Oslo is the capital of Norway - fact.
Sinead O'Connor has the voice of an angel - that's a matter of opinion. Pitch perfect or not.

I agree with you about the music but regarding anything as "fact" is actually fairly subjective isnt it. For the example you choose you would have to accept that the sovereign state of Norway is indeed real and not just an artificially created figment that the people who live there accept to be part of that society.

I'd say even you can't believe you actually typed that.

Well I believe I did, but whether I actually really factualy did or not is an entirely different matter.

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on December 01, 2015, 06:38:55 PM
So it's alright to lambast a 70 something cleric for something he did 40 years ago,the only time in his whole life he made a mistake (if you can call recording accurately what he heard and informing his superiors a mistake),and make excuses for a multi millionaire hedonist whose whole life has been marked by publicity stunts and gratuitous offence to all and sundry?
Imagine... your whole life and only one mistake. And that wasn't really even a mistake!

And then you have someone that offended some people absolutely everyone. Not sure that anyone ever got actually hurt, but still, we were all very offended.

Applesisapples

I continue to be amazed at the level of true Christian Charity on this thread.

Gmac

I guess we won't be seeing her in Vegas on the 12th pity

Itchy

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 02, 2015, 09:46:29 AM

Isn't it always the way that the biggest holy joe is hiding the most. Tony can't hide his hatred of a mentally ill woman, I'm sure Jesus will forgive him.

longballin

Quote from: Itchy on December 02, 2015, 05:42:23 PM

Isn't it always the way that the biggest holy joe is hiding the most. Tony can't hide his hatred of a mentally ill woman, I'm sure Jesus will forgive him.

I won't go to see what Tony wrote he's totally predictable. Sinead is a very damaged woman entitled to compassion and for the haters I hope it comes to their door some day.     

laoislad

Say Ten Hail Marys and you can get away doing or saying anything you want.
Not a bad deal in fairness.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

omaghjoe

Quote from: longballin on December 02, 2015, 06:04:19 PM

I won't go to see what Tony wrote he's totally predictable. Sinead is a very damaged woman entitled to compassion and for the haters I hope it comes to their door some day.   

Wud that final statement not mean that you are lumping yourself in with haters?

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on December 01, 2015, 06:38:55 PM
So it's alright to lambast a 70 something cleric for something he did 40 years ago,the only time in his whole life he made a mistake (if you can call recording accurately what he heard and informing his superiors a mistake),and make excuses for a multi millionaire hedonist whose whole life has been marked by publicity stunts and gratuitous offence to all and sundry?

THE WOMAN IS ILL, SICK IN THE HEAD TONY, ffs what part of diminished capacity due to mental illness do you not get?

It is not her fault she is ill!

Not an ounce of Christianity in you on this thread Tony.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

How do you know? Has she been clinically diagnosed? If so why wasnt she in care? Sorry I'll save my sympathy for those who deserve it not some junkie trying to boost her career.

omaghjoe

By the same token how do you know she is not?

Is clinical diagnosis part of your criteria for providing empathy?

T Fearon

I have no empathy with millionaires living lives of debauchery who have spent their lives ridiculing others to advance their careers.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on December 02, 2015, 07:49:25 PM
I have no empathy with millionaires living lives of debauchery who have spent their lives ridiculing others to advance their careers.

So you have finally left the Church?
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

The Church is not represented by the minuscule number who have behaved shamefully

laoislad

Quote from: T Fearon on December 02, 2015, 09:36:33 PM
The Church is not represented by the minuscule number who have behaved shamefully
Like riding a young one from Summerhill outside of marriage?
How many Hail Marys did you say to get over that one?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.