Sinead O'Connor

Started by Shamrock Shore, September 10, 2013, 12:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on November 30, 2015, 07:01:37 PM
How will I benefit from feeling compassion or sympathy?

You do it tactically to help you towards your own eternal salvation. So you (uniquely in my experience) will defend Sean Brady while attacking the parents of victims of clerical abuse. They parents are of no use to you, but the Primate of All-Ireland certainly is of use to a staunch Catholic.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on November 30, 2015, 06:41:56 PM
I have no sympathy whatsoever for this woman,a mouthpiece who has bad mouthed all and sundry,including her own parents marriage.No wonder she is disowned by her own family.

Tell it the way is is Tony, she hates the Church you idolize and for good reason, the woman is not well in the head and you should have sympathy for her given the fact she is were she is between the ears, not hr fault ffs!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

Stew,she is obnoxious full stop,a Katy Hopkins clone, and not thankful for her privileged life.

imtommygunn

With what is going on with her on  a mental health level she is not privileged in the slightest.  I don't see how anyone would think she is privileged  :o

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on November 30, 2015, 07:14:44 PM
Stew,she is obnoxious full stop,a Katy Hopkins clone, and not thankful for her privileged life.

WTF?

Hopkins first appeared on tv in 2007 according to wiki. Sinead was tearing up a picture of the Pope over child sex abuse in 1992.

Of course this is Tony's problem with Sinead. How dare she highlight child sex abusers. She should cover them up, like the sort of people Tony reserves his 'compassion and pity' for.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

No she isn't

For this alone I admire her

O'Connor published an open letter, on her own website, to pop singer Miley Cyrus on 2 October 2013 in which she warns Cyrus of the treatment of women in the music industry and the role that sexuality plays in this context. O'Connor states:

The message you keep sending is that its somehow cool to be prostituted... its so not cool Miley... its dangerous. Women are to be valued for so much more than their sexuality. We aren't merely objects of desire. I would be encouraging you to send healthier messages to your peers... that they and you are worth more than what is currently going on in your career.[59]

Itchy

Sounds like you are describing yourself Tony. You really are  a low life, berating someone with obvious mental health issues. Disgusting if not surprising.

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 30, 2015, 07:25:00 PM
With what is going on with her on  a mental health level she is not privileged in the slightest.  I don't see how anyone would think she is privileged  :o

Would have sympathy for those with mental health problems, but it's this suicide note. Attention seeking, making people feel concerned about her and guilt tripping people for not spending more time with her. Have no time for people like that. If she'd wanted to top herself, she'd have done it.

What's the odds she gets her own show now? RTE feeling they have to give poor Sinead something to focus on. Like Gazza and all the chances he got and pissed away. Tosspot.

seafoid

Quote from: BennyCake on November 30, 2015, 07:58:35 PM

Would have sympathy for those with mental health problems, but it's this suicide note. Attention seeking, making people feel concerned about her and guilt tripping people for not spending more time with her. Have no time for people like that. If she'd wanted to top herself, she'd have done it.

What's the odds she gets her own show now? RTE feeling they have to give poor Sinead something to focus on. Like Gazza and all the chances It's he got and pissed away. Tosspot.
Attention seeking etc.
How do you know ? She probably felt suicidal. Often that sort of situation involves a cry for help.
Not that many proceed to actual suicide. A personal crisis, more like. Very messy.

Captain Obvious

What's the odds she gets her own show now? RTE feeling they have to give poor Sinead something to focus on. Like Gazza and all the chances he got and pissed away. Tosspot.

I think it's quite clear for some time that Sinead O'Connor has mental health issues that needs sorting and not everyone with mental health problems have "topped" themselves. Gazza has a long history with alcohol abuse and probably won't see sixty.

BennyCake

Quote from: seafoid on November 30, 2015, 08:06:23 PM

What's the odds she gets her own show now? RTE feeling they have to give poor Sinead something to focus on. Like Gazza and all the chances It's he got and pissed away. Tosspot.
Attention seeking etc.
How do you know ?
She probably felt suicidal. Often that sort of situation involves a cry for help.
Not that many proceed to actual suicide. A personal crisis, more like. Very messy.

Because of her pity party message, that's how.

T Fearon

Benny you are right.Those poor people genuinely contemplating and actually committing suicide do not advertise it.I can't recall a single act of decency from this woman,who has too much time and money on her hands,and not enough real life problems,like the rest of us,to keep her grounded.

I certainly don't want to see anyone committing suicide,not even her,but spare me these cringeworthy career advancing stunts,which have been a feature of her life since she hit the big time with a song written by someone else >:(

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on November 30, 2015, 08:56:15 PM
Benny you are right.Those poor people genuinely contemplating and actually committing suicide do not advertise it.I can't recall a single act of decency from this woman,who has too much time and money on her hands,and not enough real life problems,like the rest of us,to keep her grounded.

I certainly don't want to see anyone committing suicide,not even her,but spare me these cringeworthy career advancing stunts,which have been a feature of her life since she hit the big time with a song written by someone else >:(

Your knowledge of music is as arseways as your knowledge of The Bible.

Here she is at the 1989 Grammys, before she recorded Nothing Compares to U: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nwg6W1nWms

Katy Hopkins was 14 at that stage. But of course O'Connor is a Katy Hopkins 'clone'.
MWWSI 2017

BennyCake

Career advancing stunts indeed.

I remember Gaybo had her on when she became a "priest". Why didn't people just ignore her? Then on the 50th anniversary of the LL show, Tubs had Gaybo and Kenny on the show (appropriately). Who do they invite to sit with them, only that asshole! As T said, she's famous for one song. I could understand if they had Daniel O'Donnell on, even Bono, Big Tom, Enya, one of the Dubliners. Someone who actually had a music career or any sort of career!

Now that social media is everywhere, she's still trying to stay in the public eye with her antics. Married 24 times, many children by many men, divorced after a week, becoming a priest, politican etc. Just ignore the headcase.

muppet

Quote from: BennyCake on November 30, 2015, 09:44:53 PM

Career advancing stunts indeed.

I remember Gaybo had her on when she became a "priest". Why didn't people just ignore her? Then on the 50th anniversary of the LL show, Tubs had Gaybo and Kenny on the show (appropriately). Who do they invite to sit with them, only that asshole! As T said, she's famous for one song. I could understand if they had Daniel O'Donnell on, even Bono, Big Tom, Enya, one of the Dubliners. Someone who actually had a music career or any sort of career!

Now that social media is everywhere, she's still trying to stay in the public eye with her antics. Married 24 times, many children by many men, divorced after a week, becoming a priest, politican etc. Just ignore the headcase.

You obviously don't.  ;D
MWWSI 2017