Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Quote from: redhandefender on March 23, 2018, 11:07:44 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on March 23, 2018, 09:59:59 PM
ive said it before, tiarnan mc cann and aiden mc crory dont offer enough either defensively or offensively to be included in any top inter county team. we have much better players in tyrone.

Well then it must be fact, you are awful quiet last few weeks, hopefully mickey keeps winning so it will stay that way
mickey isnt winning anything. players are starting to do things for themselves. i knew it was only a matter of time before they decided to stop lettin harte hold them back. player power!

Thebigdog

Typical of Harte, once the team starts to finally play well he starts putting his friends and neighbours on. No point wasting time with donkeys who will have no relevance come championship time or so I hope!! The best thing Harte can do is ring up Johnny Munroe and Niall McKenna and get players of proper inter county back into the squad. The chance to beat Kerry an build momentum could well be lost.

omagh_gael

Holy fcuk, I can't believe some people are actually criticizing Tiarnan McCann. Almost every other county would give their right arm for him in their team. Starting HB line for me v Monaghan will be:

McCann     Burns     Meyler

laceer

I'd agree. Burns looks comfortable in chb. Classy player.

LeoMc

McKernan and Hampsey for 2 of the full back spaces.

BennyHarp

Quote from: LeoMc on March 24, 2018, 08:20:10 PM
McKernan and Hampsey for 2 of the full back spaces.

I'd like to see Cassidy get a run in there too.
That was never a square ball!!

the goal was on

I have to agree, most observers would have had the team lining out and trying to play something similar to what we have seen last few weeks. People have been valuing for certain players to be dropped for a few years now. Also been calls for Brennan to start , more forwards, more kicking, more pressing for a long long time. I suspect Harte has felt the pressure to do this regardless of what he says.

Tyrone95

Good display from Tyrone today in what's labelled a 'dead rubber' game. Few great displays in defence and indeed going forward.. not to bring negativity to a great result but I think it's clear that a few players are not cut for the county scene, Been given too many chances in the league and come championship time this could have an effect if Harte continues to remain loyal!

Jim Bob

Quote from: Tyrone95 on March 25, 2018, 07:10:42 PM
Good display from Tyrone today in what's labelled a 'dead rubber' game. Few great displays in defence and indeed going forward.. not to bring negativity to a great result but I think it's clear that a few players are not cut for the county scene, Been given too many chances in the league and come championship time this could have an effect if Harte continues to remain loyal!

Name them

RedHand88

Great performance and result by Tyrone. Johnny Buckley was well and truly snuffed out. Could also watch that Frank Burns slide and poach all day long. That's Donegal, Mayo and Kerry all put to the sword within a few weeks. And who says Tyrone can't beat big teams anymore??

bigtogs

So all off a sudden we have the players......

trileacman

Quote from: Thebigdog on March 24, 2018, 03:51:14 AM
Typical of Harte, once the team starts to finally play well he starts putting his friends and neighbours on. No point wasting time with donkeys who will have no relevance come championship time or so I hope!! The best thing Harte can do is ring up Johnny Munroe and Niall McKenna and get players of proper inter county back into the squad. The chance to beat Kerry an build momentum could well be lost.

Good win for the friends and neighbours today.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

longballin

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 25, 2018, 09:17:59 PM
Great performance and result by Tyrone. Johnny Buckley was well and truly snuffed out. Could also watch that Frank Burns slide and poach all day long. That's Donegal, Mayo and Kerry all put to the sword within a few weeks. And who says Tyrone can't beat big teams anymore??

Is in the championship ye be judged. Even Monaghan can beat Dublin in the league  :o

RedHand88

Quote from: longballin on March 25, 2018, 09:46:03 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 25, 2018, 09:17:59 PM

Is in the championship ye be judged. Even Monaghan can beat Dublin in the league  :o

But when Tyrone got off to a bad start against Galway it was Hartes fault and nothing had changed?? So now league form is relevant??

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 26, 2018, 11:52:13 PM
mickeys disciples are well rattled! they are a bit like the tyrone players at the minute, starting to doubt what its all about and how they could have been so badly brainwashed by the beard.

::)