Ireland To Gaza 3

Started by give her dixie, September 15, 2010, 09:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Jesus Christ lads - give it a f**king rest, would ya?

Tyrones own

Quote from: Nally Stand on September 15, 2010, 08:22:51 PM
I may repeat myself:

Tyrone's Own, could you give some sort of reply to the points made in Seafoid's post? The statistics he highlights perfectly demonstrate why Israel doesn't have too many friendly voices on the board and in Ireland. The following line sums up the pathetic attempts of a minority of apologists for Israel who continually make excuses based on "Palestinian rocket attacks":

"According to UN statistics, from 2000-2008, the Israeli military killed 2677 Palestinians in the Gaza Strip. In the same period, 11 Israelis were killed by Palestinian home-made rockets. During the bombings of Gaza in 2008-2009, over 1400 Palestinians and five Israelis were killed."
How many times and in how many ways to you need it explained that if Hamas are going to surround themselves with civilians whilst launching rocket attacks into Israel, that the vast difference in numbers can only be expected... so I'll ask again, are Hamas not acting in a similar despicable manor for intentionally putting the lives of innocents in harms way for heightened effect to have boy's like you outraged at the recklessness of Israhell
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 15, 2010, 08:33:31 PM
I may repeat myself:

Tyrone's Own, could you give some sort of reply to the points made in Seafoid's post? The statistics he highlights perfectly demonstrate why Israel doesn't have too many friendly voices on the board and in Ireland. The following line sums up the pathetic attempts of a minority of apologists for Israel who continually make excuses based on "Palestinian rocket attacks":

"According to UN statistics, from 2000-2008, the Israeli military killed 2677 Palestinians in the Gaza Strip. In the same period, 11 Israelis were killed by Palestinian home-made rockets. During the bombings of Gaza in 2008-2009, over 1400 Palestinians and five Israelis were killed."
How many times and in how many ways to you need it explained that if Hamas are going to surround themselves with civilians whilst launching rocket attacks into Israel, that the vast difference in numbers can only be expected... so I'll ask again, are Hamas not acting in a similar despicable manor for intentionally putting the lives of innocents in harms way for heightened effect to have boy's like you outraged at the recklessness of Israhell

OK so those ELEVEN Israelis killed by rocket fire from excuses the 2677 Palestinian deaths? Surely if Hamas was surrounding themselves with civilians as you say, then the appropriate action for Israel would involve something other than mass murder??
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

seafoid

I may repeat myself:

And why was Gaza bombed at the turn of 2008 ? Would anyone stand for the carpet bombing of a defenceless collection of Jewish refugee camps over 27 days?

ardal

Lads, keep it on track.

This thread was started to promote a worth while cause, let's leave it at that.

The whole Israel, Palestine (Iran backing) Fundalmentalism,  provoking an unstable middle east for mad nut religious reasons, who's to blame, it's mine, no it's mine, my walls bigger than your wall argument / discussion is, or should be, another thread

Derry Dolly

Im well aware of the conflict in Gaza at the minute, but im afraid im quite ignorant of the details of how it started/why etc. was just wondering if someone could explain in simple terms the reason behind the conflict? why aid cant get in etc?
thanks

Maiden1

Quote from: Derry Dolly on September 16, 2010, 08:19:44 AM
Im well aware of the conflict in Gaza at the minute, but im afraid im quite ignorant of the details of how it started/why etc. was just wondering if someone could explain in simple terms the reason behind the conflict? why aid cant get in etc?
thanks

The Nazis tried to kill all the Jews.  The Jews wanted somewhere to live.  They decided Palestine.  'A land without a people for a people without a land'.  Expect there was people there ... Once the state of Israel was set up the Israelis wanted more land.

Current map of Israel/Palestine.

The Israelis decide what can and can't get into Palestine.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7545636.stm

There are no proofs, only opinions.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 15, 2010, 05:50:00 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 15, 2010, 04:44:19 PM
Wasting your time seafoid. Unless Fox News say it then it didn't happen.

Get out to hell outta that ye f**king eejit ye...could ye at least pay heed to
some of the more seasoned blinkered haters here and perhaps follow their
lead rather than showing yourself up for the echo chambered dunder head
that you clearly are  :D
Face it Seanie...you have absolutely nothing do ye  ::)
*ps. Maybe you should stick to the Man U thread..ye do seem to be able to hold your own
over there surprisingly :-\ outside of that though...not so good I'm afraid :-X

I think I hit a nerve!

Funniest of all he then complains a few posts later about people "hurling insults".

Tyrones own

QuoteI think I hit a nerve!
... Really? The only nerve you probably hit was in your low back being bent over like that for long periods  :D
QuoteFunniest of all he then complains a few posts later about people "hurling insults"
Na usually just unsubstantiated sucker punches thrown out of left field
then running away like the blouse that you are :-*
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

give her dixie

Well folks, and right now we have reached Lyon in France.
We had an amazing send off from London on Saturday, and an incredible day in Paris yesterday.
I havn't much time to go into detail as I have only grabbed internet for a few minutes.

However, here are a few links from Press TV who are covering every mile with us:

Leaving London:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=603rsw_URTE

Paris:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opgaEe34hG0&feature=player_embedded#!

Will update more whenever I get better access to the net.

Dixie
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

mylestheslasher

Good man John, best of luck for the rest of the journey.

give her dixie

Well folks, and sorry for not having been in touch sooner with an update.
Currently we are in Latikia in Syria, and ready to sail to Al Arish in Egypt at a moments notice.
However, Egypt are playing funny games with us, and we have been here 8 days now.
The convoy is currently 400 people from 30 different countries in 150 vehicles, and over $3 million in aid.

There is tremendous support here for us, and a lot of diplomatic pressure is been applied.
Lets hope we get better news in the next few days, and we get to reach Gaza without futher delay.

I will keep you posted as we make progress.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

caughtredhanded

Safe sailing John, you are an inspiration to us.

Best wishes,
CRH.
Quote from: give her dixie on October 10, 2010, 04:40:58 PM
Well folks, and sorry for not having been in touch sooner with an update.
Currently we are in Latikia in Syria, and ready to sail to Al Arish in Egypt at a moments notice.
However, Egypt are playing funny games with us, and we have been here 8 days now.
The convoy is currently 400 people from 30 different countries in 150 vehicles, and over $3 million in aid.

There is tremendous support here for us, and a lot of diplomatic pressure is been applied.
Lets hope we get better news in the next few days, and we get to reach Gaza without futher delay.

I will keep you posted as we make progress.