AFL 2010

Started by Never beat the deeler, March 25, 2010, 10:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

C'mon the Hawthorns.

I see Pierce Hanley didn't get a game for the Lions V Western Eagles, Lions could be dangerous this year with Brendan Fevola. Barry Hall with Western Bulldogs now, tough cookie.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

JimStynes

Hanley apparently had a stormer for the Lions 2nd team. Tommy Walsh came off injured in his first match but done rightly in the 1st quarter. Its harder for the Gaelic fellas to get used to the physical side of the game than the oval ball.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Aerlik

Quote from: JimStynes on April 02, 2010, 02:32:26 PM
See big Setanta kicked 4 goals today although Carlton still got beat by the Lions. Setanta looks like hes starting to get the hang of this Aussie Rules craic.

He's taken his time :P
There have been several articles re. the Fevola transfer to the Lions.  No longer is he top dog (or as he saw himself to be at the Blues) so there seems to be a belief that with Judd still to come into the team, there is great potential for a top 4 finish this year, although the faithful would be happy with a finals finish I reckon.  With Brown kicking another bagful including one gem from the boundary on the '50'm Fevola will be realising his is not as indominatable as he liked to think he was.    I didn't see the game on Thursday, but by all accounts it was pretty entertaining stuff.

With Fevola gone, it will free up the blues forwards a bit more as everything was always aimed at Fev.  Put a half decent man-marker on Fev and you had just taken out half the team's scores.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Aerlik

Collingwood scrape home by the bare minimum against Melbourne.  there'd have been some celebrations in the rest of the continent had that one gone Melbourne's way. :-\

Aerlik

St.Kilda throttle North Melbourne byn 104pts. and Port Adelaide beat West coast by 3 in Perth.

some of us are smiling.

down6061689194

Aerlik

Fremantle hammers Essendon in Melbourne...

Some of us are DEFINITELY smiling this afternoon.

It probably won't last long as we have Geelong in Perth next Sunday.  Tarrant and Ibbotson are both doubtful after ankle and shoulder injuries respectively.

Sydney had a great win in Adelaide today.  Tomorrow, Hawthorn and Geelong play.  Could be a cracker of a game but I think the cats will be too strong.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Aerlik on April 04, 2010, 08:29:22 AM
Fremantle hammers Essendon in Melbourne...

Some of us are DEFINITELY smiling this afternoon.

It probably won't last long as we have Geelong in Perth next Sunday.  Tarrant and Ibbotson are both doubtful after ankle and shoulder injuries respectively.

Sydney had a great win in Adelaide today.  Tomorrow, Hawthorn and Geelong play.  Could be a cracker of a game but I think the cats will be too strong.

Hawks V Cats, should be a cracker alright, is it in the G or on Taz, I'm guessing in Melb as would be a real crowd puller.

Aerlik

MCG, starting in 2 hours and Buddy's back!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Aerlik on April 05, 2010, 02:32:30 AM
MCG, starting in 2 hours and Buddy's back!

You in Australia Aerlik, can you post some scores later, thanks.

stephenite

Hawks by 19 points half way through second quarter

Miley Cyrus

does anyone know If Tommy Walsh playing for sandringham?? Up the sainters!!!!

stephenite

Aerlik

Setanta won the Gary Coleman medal on the footy show tonight for his game-opening goal celebrations last week.  Quite funny to watch Setanta when he scores. 

Great to see that p***k Cousins playing out his drug-cheating career at the shittiest club in the competition.